“Best Hospitality Job I Ever Had”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #56 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Best Hospitality Job I Ever Had”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am only thinking to write this review because I was just now updating my resume and reminiscing on some of the good times I had at my past jobs. I am a female veteran. I have worked on alot of different and interesting jobs; human resources in the Army, A stewardess for American Cruise lines, a prep cook for Bobby Flay, A room attendant for Disney, and a Vacation advisor for the Marriott etc. and this hotel is by far one of the best jobs I ever had. My position at this particular job was house person/ room attendant/ laundry attendant and even though to some, those positions would be considered the bottom of the totem pole in the workplace, it definitely didn't feel that way there. Management is Awesome and not only do they emphasize providing a home-like environment for the guest, but for the employees as well. The effort and the attention to detail that was put into making sure the guest had an enjoyable, comfortable and safe stay just blew me away on a consistent basis. I was happy to be there, and happy to contribute. This company had a way of making most of its employees feel that way. Keith the Manager is awesome!!!!! Before I worked here, I had never stayed at a Homewood Suites but because of this experience, and learning from the inside how this company operates, I would definitely choose them over most and recommend them to people traveling for business, family functions and/or vacations, and romantic getaways.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank andrea w
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you. I am happy to know that you enjoyed being part of our team and it was a real pleasure to have had you with us. I hope things have been going well for you lately and we wish you the best.

Keith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
Macomb, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel was clean and located in the middle of everything fun in Orlando. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area!

3 Thank Jill R
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. Your kind remarks regarding the friendliness and professionalism of my staff are especially appreciated. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Orlando.

Brownstown Township, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed for a week on business. I usually stay at one of the Hilton brand of suites. This one seemed more geared toward families who let things slide than business travelers who appreciate things clean and efficient. The hotel did resolve every complaint I had, but I usually don't have to complain in the first place.

Breakfast and dinner was inedible. We ended up finding food outside of the hotel (which is unfortunate since it is generally a perk I enjoy).

That being said.. If you are a family, this is a great hotel to start your day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. As you noted, we do cater to a lot of families which can make for a very busy meal time. However, you should still be able to expect the same levels of cleanliness and attention to detail. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet those standards in this case, and I appreciate you having given us the opportunity to correct it to your satisfaction. Feedback such as yours greatly helps us in continuing training in order to better serve all of our guests.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

The only reason anyone visits Orlando is to see the parks; the prices of which are so high, you really need to consider what type of accommodation is required for the few hours in between. I would definately recommend this hotel. Why?
1) Large suites (ours was 2 roomed)
2) Kitchenette with all basics and dining area is included in the price
3) Location - just opposite universal studios and free transportation to the other parks
4) Swimming Pool, jacuzzi and work out room
5) Very friendly staff

And the downside:
Food - breakfast is included but consists of mostly carbs and fat. Really missed freshness and the setting was a bit 'school canteen' like. It was also confusing in terms of evening meal- yes you can eat next door or even order food to your room, but this is not advertised anywhere!
But this minor point IS definately offset by the advantages.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Daisyduck12
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for you kind review of our Homewood Suites. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and I especially appreciate your compliments regarding my staff. When your travels return you to Orlando we look forward to seeing you again.

Ormond Beach, Fl, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Loved having a living room and kitchen. We all need our space. Nice not having to hang out on your beds. The location, so suited our stay - it was near perfect. Hey, you get two TV's - the kids can watch their programs. Plus having the kitchen - bring your own goodies and the trip just got less expensive!! Gotta love it !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Rosemary B
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Homewood Suites. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our suites to be spacious and comfortable for your family. We know you have many hotel options in Orlando and we appreciate that you chose us. When your travel plans bring you back to Orlando we do hope to see you again.

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

All desk staff was very helpful and answered all my questions about the area. The rooms were very clean and the pool was refreshing. The are was very busy with traffic and excitement. we visited WDW and Sea World while we were there. A great location for all the parks.

1 Thank Kathy T
Thank you so much for your glowing review of my staff and the cleanliness of our Homewood Suites. With the hundreds of hotel options in Orlando, the people serving our guests make the biggest difference and I appreciate that you chose us! We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels return you to our city.

Strasburg, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed for a week at the hotel and was impressed from the time we arrived. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the food was great. It was located in a convent area in which we were close to everything we wanted to do. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Dustin T
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience as a guest of our hotel. Your kind remarks regarding my staff and our food service are greatly appreciated. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you again on many future visits.