Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Good 3.5/5
$86
$82
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
Travelocity
$287
$232
  • Restaurant
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$229
HotelsClick
1,713 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosinternational drivemonday to thursdayfree dinnerfree shuttleevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastfull kitchenseparate bedroomyogurtred lobsterevery morningbreakfast and dinnersmall kitchenshuttle serviceliving areapool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Homewood Suites was great. The staff were helpful, pleasant and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast and evening meet and greet was wonderful and had a real variety of different foods. The staff were quick to clean the tables and remove used plates to allow every guest that came to have a place to eat. The free shuttle picked the guests up and transported them to the parks. Stay here with your family and you won't regret it! Tammy Singleton Michigan

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Tammy S
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites! I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and your comments regarding the overall cleanliness and our food service are especially appreciated. With more than 300 hotel options in Orlando we appreciate that you chose us and we look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My family stayed here for a Universal/Sea World/Wet & Wild vacation from Feb 4- Feb 11. We chose this property for 4 reasons - 1....I have HHonors points and was able to use them to pay for basically the whole trip 2....My husband prefers rooms with 2 TVs (he does not enjoy watching the stuff the kids are watching which means we prefer suites) - this hotel has 1 bedroom suites which means there is a living area with a pull out couch and a flat screen TV which was perfect for the 2 kids, and a separate bedroom, I believe you can get 2 queens or 1 king. We got the 1 king room and that had a flat screen as well. Another bonus of the suites is there is a nice kitchen area with a full sized fridge, benefit being not only can you store drinks etc but the freezer is a normal sized freezer so we were able to have popsicles and ice cream on hand for the kids. There is a cooktop and a microwave as well so you can prepare small meals. Speaking of meals - #3.....the free breakfast/happy hour. Alright, so this is a pro and a con. The pro - anybody who has been to Disney/Universal etc. knows that the food is PRICEY so the free breakfast is nice. The downside...eating scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast every morning off a buffet line was not my idea of a nice vacation. The first day or two it was ok but after a while I felt like I was at an elementary school cafeteria. The food was just ok. There is a happy hour Mon-Thurs which is dinner type items and complimentary beer and wine. That food was pretty hit or miss. We only ate there twice, the first time was meatloaf which was not good, the second time was a deli bar (like make your own sandwiches) which we LOVED. I would have been happy with that every night and it looked like others enjoyed that as well. I would also have loved to see some cold cuts/sandwich stuff on the breakfast line. The Hilton at Downtown Disney has that in the concierge lounge for breakfast and for someone who hates breakfast food, I would have preferred to make a turkey or ham sandwich in the AM. The other nights we were there we didn't eat there, but one night was chicken parm which looked ok and I cant remember what it was the other night. #4. Location - the location is great but be warned the shuttle service is NOT what it is cracked up to be (I could be wrong but I think it only came and went once in the AM and back in the PM) there are also reviews that say you can walk to Universal. We are a young healthy family and I would say do NOT consider walking to Universal. Its close by - but in such a way that you have to walk out of the way a bit to get to the sidewalk, cross the highway, then begin your journey to the parks. We read a few reviews on this before deciding to rent a car which would be my heartfelt suggestion. I did not want to be handcuffed by the shuttle service and with 2 kids along felt after walking all day at the parks I would be asking for trouble walking back from there. It is pretty close to Wet N Wild so we could have walked there but chose not to.
Those were the 4 main reasons we chose this hotel - paid with points, suites with 2 TVs, free breakfast, close to parks.
A welcome surprise, was the pool - there are some cabanas and a sitting area to eat outside which was nice, There is also a basketball court which my 7 year old LOVED. The pool is kind of small and nothing really special about it, but its clean and nice. Bonus was that the HGI across the parking lot had a little bigger pool and a tiki bar which as a Homewood Suites guest you can use. We went over there the first night and last night and it had a fire pit going and nice lighting so that was cool. Rooms were clean and updated.
The main complaint I had was the noise. As you would expect from a theme park area hotel, there were a lot of kids around, however in addition to this there were groups of people packing into rooms and seemingly having little 'parties'. We were woken up one night at 12am and another at 2:30AM. I realize this is not the hotel's fault but it was a pain. One thing I noticed was a group of people were going out a side door and flipping the lock so the door to the outside was "propped open" - my assumption being they were doing this to let in non hotel guests maybe? Concerned me regarding security a bit - to the hotel: maybe you can fix the locks on the side doors so people cant do this? That really bothered me.

So in summary, would I stay here again? Eh....it was fine. I prefer the onsite hotels (have stayed at both Royal Pacific and Portifino Bay in the past) - the thing was, like I mentioned, it was basically free for me so why spend the extra thousands of dollars when I can get it for free. If I had to pay, I probably would have leaned towards onsite. The food wasn't great - but there is an ihop right down the road for breakfast and lots of dining choices on International Drive (we had Japanese at Kobe one night and it was AWESOME, I highly recommend that for hibachi dining....reasonably priced and DELICIOUS). Amenities were nice, housekeeping/management was pleasant and welcoming. Best word of advice RENT A CAR!!!!

Room Tip: We were pretty close to elevators, with foot traffic I would have asked for a room more in the middle maybe or at the end to avoid people running back and forth in the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Megan A

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our Homewood Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and I appreciate your constructive feedback as well. Your objective feedback will be very helpful to future guests as well so that they know what to expect, and it helps us to continue to improve our product in various areas. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Orlando. We enjoyed having you with us.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Very nice! No complaints! Good rate. Minutes from everything. Quiet rooms. I'd stay here again! Clean rooms. Breakfast was pretty good but crowded!! Everyone pleasant and efficient!! Stay here!!!! Close to great restaurants. Eat at Maggianos!!!!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Bakergal69
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our Homewood Suites. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and your comments on the clean rooms are especially appreciated by my Housekeeping team. It is a real pleasure sharing comments such as yours with my team and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband reserved suite for 6. Room was very nice, clean and staff was outstanding and pleasant. 3 rooms for a total of 13 people was reserved. Hotels.com made sure that all guess where situated next to each other which was fabulous. Hot free breakfast was great. Hotel located within walking distance to universal. Only downside is the hotel does not provide shuttle no later than 730pm back from universal. So if you wants to party without driving yourself you need to reserve cab. Otherwise fabulous. Had the best birthday ever.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Happy belated birthday! Thank you for choosing us for this special occasion. Your kind remarks about my staff and the work of my Housekeeping department are especially appreciated. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Orlando.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel is such a great find. We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for visit to Universal. I looked all over the internet to compare hotels for proximity, cost, amenities and cleanness and this is the winner. I have stayed at many hotels and prefer to pick Hilton or Marriott since I am a premier member. This hotel is part of Hilton chain and it was rated high in most travel websites. This hotel only has one bedroom suites. We got the 1 bedroom with 2 Queen beds. There are two big TVs, refrig, kitchen and sofa bed. Even my practical mother in law approved of the rooms.
We faced the highway but the noise was not bad and on the positive side, we got to view the fireworks at night.
There are so many things that I like about this place but to name a few, free wifi, hot breakfast buffet, free shuttle to Universal, game room but the thing that makes this hotel unique is the free weekday dinner. Last night was tortellini with choice of sauce and veges and garlic bread. Also with dinner is beer or wine.

The staff are very attentive and so friendly. Sometimes one needs to have mishap to find out how the real customer service level is. We had a bit of trouble with plumbing and repair was done promptly and correctly. Really impressive!
We will definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Toward the highway if u want universal view, pool side if you want quieter.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank taznwulf

Thank you so much for your review of our Homewood Suites. I am happy to hear that you did your research and chose our hotel for your vacation, and I'm glad we met your mother-in-law's approval! Your kind remarks regarding my staff are especially appreciated as I know they take great pride in taking care of our guests. Feedback such as yours goes very far in building everybody's morale. When your travels bring you back to Orlando we look forward to welcoming you back to our Homewood Suites!