Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #54 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As with any trip away, we spent a great deal of time reviewing hotels for our ten day trip to Orlando. We holidayed in Orlando around eight years ago and stayed in Homewood Suites on International Drive, which on this occasion, was fully booked. I'm glad to say this hotel didn't disappoint. It is superbly located, spotlessly clean, has fantastic friendly staff, a great start to each day with breakfast included, and lots more that anyone would want in a hotel when staying in the Orlando area. Very good value and very well managed hotel - thanks to all the team we met for making our stay so enjoyable - highly recommend!

Room Tip: We were fortunate to have a pool view - back of hotel looks onto motorway - not sure if this would i...
1 Thank Damien H
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations after your research. Your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of my staff are genuinely appreciated. When you return to our city we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Keith Beears

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Finnish first
Ocala, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everything was great except the smell of smoke. The entire fourth floor hallway smelled of smoke as soon as you get out of the elevator. We had a non smoking room. It seemed fine when we checked in, but we woke up to it smelling like we had been to a bar the night before. It upset my stomach so much that I was unable to enjoy what looked like a nice breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

2 Thank Stacie E
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear of the smoke smell you encountered as I know this is very unpleasant for non-smokers as well as for smokers. All of our smoking rooms are located on the top floor and we rarely have complaints, but if you do encounter an unpleasant odor or any other concerns we will do our best to move you to a room which is more comfortable for you. Please accept my deepest apologies that this visit was not up to your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Best Regards,
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just got back from a short trip up to Orlando to go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights and decided to choose this Homewood Suites as we had been here previously in the Spring and had a great experience! This hotel once again proved itself with great, friendly employees...from front desk workers to breakfast staff to housekeeping staff. Starting with a warm welcome back from the front desk, it's nice to see people who really seem to like their jobs and care about their guests. I wouldn't want to walk back from Universal after walking around the park for 7 hours but luckily we had our car and it was a really short ride back to the hotel! The breakfast was again, plentiful and the suites are spacious. Will definitely be coming back when we plan our next trip to Universal!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
It was so nice to have you back with us. Your kind remarks regarding my staff are greatly appreciated by all of us. I am very fortunate to have been able to find so many people who genuinely care and enjoy serving our guests. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando.

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood suites near Universal Studios for 4 nights the first of October 2013. We had five disabled young adults with us so we reserved three rooms. The staff could not have been more accommodating to us in regards to placement of our rooms and our needs. They were just wonderful. The breakfast was plentiful and made it so easy for us to start our day. I had read some reviews about the difficulty with transportation to Universal. We took the hotel transportation each day and did not have any difficulty at all getting the van or bus when we wanted to leave and we had a party of 7! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Cheryl G
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We really appreciate your kind feedback regarding your visit with us. Your glowing remarks concerning the helpfulness of my staff are genuinely appreciated by the entire team as I know they truly enjoy going out of their way to make our guests comfortable. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as well, and that you found the transportation to work well for you and your family. With more than 300 hotel options in Orlando, THANK YOU for choosing us. Your recommendation is especially helpful and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,
Vermont
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in September (Tuesday - Friday). We were very happy with this property. The room was updated and very clean. We didn't hear any noise any of the nights of our stay. The breakfast was great with a variety of fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon or sausage, pastries, toast, juice and coffee. There is also a complimentary dinner M-Th from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. We were able to take advantage of the dinner the first night and found it to be very acceptable. We were at Universal on the other nights and did not choose to return to the hotel. Universal Studios is about 1 mile. It consists of 3 right turns, very easy to find. We didn't actually cook anything during our stay. There is a full size refrigerator/freezer which was great for drinks. I always check every hotel for bed bugs and found absolutely no signs. The beds were very comfortable with soft sheets. This property is certainly a step above the budget hotels and feels very classy. Our room was cleaned every day with no complaints. In addition, my boyfriend and I prefer to sleep with a fan for white noise. The hotel clerk was very accommodating and had maintenance bring us a fan to use during our stay. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Running_In_Vermont
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and gave us the opportunity to exceed your expectations with the fan. Being able to go that extra mile for our guests is what makes our jobs rewarding and your comments are genuinely appreciated. When your travels bring you back to Orlando we look forward to seeing you again.

Middletown, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could have given this hotel 5 stars but couldn't. The way the ad reads is that it is just a short walk to Universal and even when I spoke to the hotel they told me the same.They told me that it was only a 10-15 min walk. It was at least 30 min in the blistering 95 degree heat on a main highway sidewalk. We are in our early 70's and walked there with our 4 teenage grandchildren. We thought we would never get there! There is a huge problem because the hotel only has a couple of shuttles in the morning and then no shuttle back until 7 and 8:30 pm. If I want to go back to the hotel in the afternoon, I have to call a taxi for $12 one way. Universal should correct this problem of so few shuttles because this hotel itself is one of the best hotels that we have stayed at. They have excellent customer service-very friendly. The rooms are large and very clean. We all enjoyed their outside pool. Their breakfasts were one of the best ever offered at any Homewood Suites we have ever been to. The grapefruit was unbelievable. I would certainly stay here again and maybe by then they will have worked something better out with Universal!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the outstanding service provided by my team. I'm sorry to hear that the Universal transportation was not convenient for you and we will continue to review this transportation service with our Universal representatives. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Greenville, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel was perfect. We stayed for our Universal/Disney vacation and couldn't have asked for anything more! The rooms were great, with a full bedroom, living room, kitchen & bathroom. The pool was very nice, and we especially liked the large breakfasts each morning and the free dinner/drinks each evening (Mon-Thurs). We has Chicken Parm, Stadium Hot Dogs, Baked Potato bar, etc to name a few. The shuttle to and from Universal was great and timely, and best of all, free! We will try to stay at Homewood Suites anytime we travel after this great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Carrie R
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor. With all of the hotel options available in Orlando, thank you for choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits, and welcoming you at other locations in the Homewood Suites Brand.