Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very pleased! Good value for your money! The free breakfast (everyday) and light dinner with beer and wine (Monday thru Thursday) was a bargain. Front desk allowed us to get into our room early, thanks Matt! The free shuttle was available, but did not use.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. The breakfast and dinner reception are two of my favorite value adds and I'm glad to hear that these features helped to make your visit more affordable and enjoyable. Family vacations are such a meaningful part of our lives and I am pleased to know that we helped to make yours even more special. I am also happy to hear that Matthew was able to help you with an early check-in and he appreciated the mention. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay at Homewood Suites was a great experience. Extremely helpful and cordial staff. Clean and really comfortable room(s). Sumptuous breakfast. Very nice pool and hot tub. Two examples: 1) In the morning, one of the coffee urns in the lobby was almost empty. I mentioned it to the front desk clerk. Within minutes she had replaced with a freshly made urn of coffee. 2) Before we checked out, I was checking the tire pressure on my car. An employee saw me, and immediately offered to get me a air compressor to fill my tires if I needed to. Fortunately I didn't, but I appreciated his attention and offer to help. Great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank Robert F

Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of my team. With the hundreds of hotel options available in the Orlando area, I truly believe that the people serving my guests are what makes our Homewood Suites stand out. We strive to provide outstanding guest service and I'm so pleased to hear that we were successful in your case. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and wAlso, thank you for acknowledging the prompt response of my team members to your requests. We try very hard to ensure that all of your needs are met and it certainly helps when you let us know what we can do to help. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just back from 2 week stay in this marvellous hotel. If you are in Orlando for Universal, this is the place for you ( unless u want o pay 4 times the amount for an on -site hotel as we did last year). Hotel is walking distance to Universal and Wet and Wild. U do not need a car here. We used I trolley to go along I Drive- nearest stop just a few min from Hotel.
Great breakfast which our kids loved. Evening meals 4 evenings a week. Great food. I read with interest one of the recent reviews which suggested they would not pay for the evening meal???
These meals were totally acceptable and more nutritious and healthy than a lot of the muck that is sold as food in this area. ( must have been a burger guru that wrote the review. )
Wonderful friendly staff and spotless rooms. This really is a superb hotel and amazing value. Also, complimentary shuttle to Universal and outlet malls. Stay here . U wont regret it. Already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms overlook the pool.
6  Thank johnpro_12
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for the glowing review of our Homewood Suites. Your comments are genuinely appreciated and it is so nice to be able to share your feedback with my team. Housekeeping was so happy to hear your comments regarding the "spotless" rooms and I always love to hear about my friendly staff. I am so fortunate to work with a group of people who genuinely care about our guests. When you're planning your return trip to Orlando, we do look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, though, admittedly, there were a few bumps along the road. Our initial suite was located perfectly - exactly where I requested - but we had some issues with the shower backing up with water. Unfortunately, we moved into another room, and the problems were worse - a corner room right in front of the dumpster and a small ant problem persisted over the last 2 days of our stay. The staff literally bent over backwards to help resolve our issues with the suites, and I truly appreciated that. We barely did more than sleep and shower in the hotel, as the vacation was meant to be spent at the theme parks with our kiddos. Breakfast was an absolute bonus - hot and delicious each morning. We enjoyed the variety of options and looked forward to seeing the friendly staff each time we returned. Location is very close to Wet 'n' Wild, and took us about 15 minutes to get to Disney theme parks. Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Dionne W
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Homewood Suites. I'm disappointed to hear of some of the issues you encountered and I appreciate your understanding. Rest assured that these concerns have been followed up on and will continue to be monitored. On the other hand, your kind remarks about the helpfulness of my staff are genuinely appreciated as I know they truly enjoy going out of their way to help our guests. I also appreciate your comments regarding breakfast, and enjoyed sharing these comments with the team at our daily morning meeting. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We are just back from our family holiday in Florida. We absolutely enjoyed the 20 night stay we had at your hotel. I cannot say enough about the staff and how friendly they were to us while we were there. The hotel is spotless, breakfast is great, complimentary dinner evenings with beer and wine, games room, pool and gym and not to mention the fully kitted out suite with all facilities you could ask for and all for a great price! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to people and will certainly stay again on future visits. Keep up the great work guys! Courtney family - Ireland.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool side tend to have less road noise coming from the motorway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MichaelCourtney123

Dear Courtney Family,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel and my staff. It was such a pleasure to have your family visit with us last month and I am so pleased to know that everybody did their part to ensure that you had a pleasant visit. Your referrals are always appreciated and word of mouth is the best advertising! Again, thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites as your Orlando home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel, which is about a 15-20 min can ride from the airport, costing about $50.

Check in was simple and staff friendly.

Unexpectedly, there was a buffet dinner, which is served Monday-Friday between 5pm - 7pm and is free. I wouldn't say it was terrible food but I wouldn't pay to eat it...there are three metal trays (one for the main dinner, other for veg and other for fries/potatoes). There was also a salad bowl and free beer and wine, which I took advantage of, obviously!

Breakfast is also included, which is your standard toast, cereal, coffee, juice and small selection of hot food. Breakfast runs from 7am till 10am.

There are a couple of pools which were good enough to have a splash around in and cool enough. They don't open until 9am which I thought was a bit late, although I didn't try to go out earlier so I'm unsure if you could actually get into them before 9am if you tried.

The rooms were nice enough. No issues there. Clean and comfortable.

There is a free shuttle from the hotel to Universal and back again. But you need to get shuttle passes in the morning, as it is a first come first served basis. I didn't have any trouble getting on the bus. If you don't get the shuttle because its too busy or the times don't suit you, it's not a far walk and it only costs between $7-$9 for a cab. $10 really when you take into account the tip.

Reception is meant to close at 11pm but we came back at 0230 one morning and were able to walk in without having to trouble any staff members to open the door.

I only stayed here for 3 nights and I'd stay here again but would think about getting my own breakfast and dinner food and using the kitchen facilities in the room, rather than the limited buffet options. But the food comes for free, technically so it's not really a complaint.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Smilefish598

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our Homewood Suites. While I'm sorry to hear that your visit was not outstanding, I am pleased to know that you would consider us again for a future visit. And I greatly appreciate your kind remarks about the helpfulness and friendliness of my staff, as well as the maintenance and cleanliness of our suites. Thank you for choosing our hotel out of the hundreds of options available to you in Orlando, and we do hope to see you again on a future visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was set off the main road a bit, but it was quiet and perfectly situated for walking to Wet N Wild and Universal Studios. The rooms were spacious, beds comfy, and I appreciated the Bath And Body Works toiletries. The kitchen was tiny but it was handy to have a fridge for our drinks and snacks. The best part of Homewood Suites is the free breakfast and dinner. Our family saved over $100 in two days because we didn't have to go out to eat for 2 meals, pay for hotel parking, or pay for parking at theme parks. The hotel paid for itself with the money we saved!

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor because the elevators are so slow. We took the stairs with tons of l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. The breakfast and dinner reception are two of my favorite value adds and I'm glad to hear that these features helped to make your visit more affordable and enjoyable. Family vacations are such a meaningful part of our lives and I am pleased to know that we helped to make yours even more special. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town!