1,760 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosinternational drivemonday to thursdayfree dinnerfree shuttleevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastred lobsteryogurtfull kitchenseparate bedroomevery morningbreakfast and dinnershuttle servicesmall kitchenbasketball courtliving area
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We will stay here for all of our future visits to Universal. Clean, considerate staff, great pool and tiki bar at the hotel next door available for guest's use, close to Universal, free breakfast, free shuttle. Excellent!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear JoleeB,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and genuinely appreciate your declaration that you will be back considering the hundreds of hotel options in Orlando. Your compliments towards my staff are especially appreciated as I know they truly enjoy going out of their way to please our guests. When your travels bring you back to Orlando we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It was great being back again. I've come here in this Hotel since it was opened in 2001 and will keep coming back again and again. Every staff (Keith Bears, Petra, Veronica,Paola,Alicia, Matt, Larry, Jimmy, Maria, Italo, Dinny, Portia, Jackie and so many more) of this hotel sure knows how to make a guest feels like a real guest and gives you really the feeling you are home away from home..It's not only how they treat their guests, it's how they work together, that makes the bond strong and has an effect on how a guests feels. This is why I want to come back over and over again..Thanks you all again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Lucinda,
It's always so nice to see you back and to chat with you. Your comments have been shared with the team and it's truly a pleasure to have you with us. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to many more visits ahead.

Keith

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Recently stayed at this property for vacation.
Check in was simple and over in minutes which was great as there was a severe delay on our flights, given a room on the upper floors overlooking the pool and International drive.
The suites had two rooms, one a bedroom with two queen beds which were good albeit a bit soft for my liking and a living area with a kitchen attached which is separated by a breakfast bar. Good shower in the bathroom.
Housekeeping can be a bit erratic with no toiletry items be left on many of the days we stayed.
Breakfast is provided each morning, always scrambled eggs with a variety of bacon, sausage, corn beef hash on different days. There is also oatmeal, cold cereals, yoghurt and bread items.
Juices and hot drinks also provided - Tea and coffee is available all day although the urn for the hot water is not always too hot.
The swimming pool is quite small but there is a seating area and a jacuzzi.
The managers reception is a bit different from what I remember of Homewood suites on times gone by, not sure if this is an Orlando thing or an overall change. It now appears to be more of a one choice meal - you either like it or you don't with some days being better than others.
The location is further from Universal than some people make you believe - there is no way you can walk it in 5 mins more like 25 mins. It is at least 5 mins to I-Drive, with the sidewalks in need of some repair.
I would recommend this property to many people especailly those with children and on a budget as the free food certainly will help. My only main gripe is a lack of a safe, a safety deposit box behind the reception desk is not ideal in the 21st century and does not hold items such as I-pads.

Room Tip: One side has the I-4 motorway but a view of Universal. The other has a pool view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Magicbear,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share a comprehensive review of our Homewood Suites. I appreciate your compliments as well as your constructive feedback regarding opportunities for improvement. We know there are hundreds of hotel options in Orlando and we appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to have you as our guest. When your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here odd and on for years. Never lets me down. Very comfortable beds/rooms. Good breakfast. Secure and just a good stay all around. I dont stay here often as its a bit pricy. But I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear kaydayAlabama,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. Your comments are genuinely appreciated as we work hard to be a great value and go out of our way to serve our guests. When your travels bring you back to Orlando, please let me know and we can check for any specials for return guests.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews and got what I was expecting. The staff was friendly and helpful. I called and let them know I would be coming close to midnight and needed some extra foam pillows. The room was ready for bed and the pillows were there. Having breakfast at the hotel was nice so we liked that. During the week they had scrambled eggs, hash and sausage. You could also have fruit, bagels, danish, toast, cereal, hot oatmeal, coffee, juice, water and milk. On the weekend they also had a waffle station. Monday thru thursday you can also have dinner and beer. They had stuffed peppers, salad, and rolls the night we were there. My husband said the pepper were good but he was they only one who liked that. You could walk to the parks but it was worth the $15 for us to drive. We came back for midday naps. I think because of this we did not have maid service one day, which was no big deal. You could just ask for fresh towels if you wanted them. The kids used the pool one day and I hung out in the shaded cabana so that was nice to have. We never used the shuttle service because it was not convenient for us but it was available on a limited bases. It was a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Ultrasound40,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We do hope to see you again when you return to Orlando! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel out of the hundreds of options available in Orlando.