“Great hotel location in Orlando”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #52 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel location in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was in town for business for a couple of days and this hotel worked out well. It has great access to restaurants and the highways.

The breakfast in the morning was typical Homewood Suites fare with cold cereal, pastries, bagels, oatmeal, eggs and a met available each day. The dinners at night were decent as well with one night being pulled pork sandwiches which were pretty good.

They have a booth on the first floor that sells tickets to the local attractions that is open during the day. They also have a decent work out room and arcade room (pics attached).

I will definitely stay here again when I am in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trueohioplaya
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear TrueOhioplaya,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post about your visit to our hotel. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that dinner was to your liking. Pulled pork barbecue is one of our guest favorites and people don't often realize that the dinner offering is a full meal. As a business traveler we realize you spend a lot of time in hotels and I truly appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to having you back with us on your next trip.

Keith Beears

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Finnish first
North Salt Lake, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first stay in a Homewood Suites and I was very pleased. It was clean, comfortable, quiet, and had everything my family needed. Having the kitchen is so convenient! We were able to keep our drinks cold, heat up food, and make coffee. There is also a stove top and utensils. The bedroom is large, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom area was adequate - we were able to spread our stuff out, and the living area while small is fine for lounging around after a day at the attractions. There is ample parking and lighting outside. We came back very late at night and were still able to park right by the door. There was very little noise in the night but in the morning the housekeeping staff was slamming doors for several hours non-stop which got annoying. If you want to sleep in it probably won't work for you.

The hotel is just off I-Drive therefore it's close to many restaurants and shopping options. It's also right off I-4 therefore you can get anywhere pretty fast. If you are going to Disney it's about 10 minutes away.

They have breakfast in the lobby every morning and dinner Mon-Thu. There is also a pool but I didn't use it. Overall I was happy with my stay here. I would recommend this place and also stay here again.

One item to note, there are no safes in the rooms. There are safe deposit boxes available if you go to the front desk. I had no place to store my laptop so i dragged it with me to Epcot and put it in a locker there.

One extra I want to mention... ladies if you are looking for a pedicure, manicure, or massage find McSpa on Sand Lake Road (Dr Phillips). It is AMAZING!

Room Tip: Being right next to I-4 our suite was surprisingly very quiet. There was no traffic noise and we got...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa P
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Momnkira,
I am happy to hear that your first visit to a Homewood Suites was enjoyable for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your input is most helpful in addressing the noise from Housekeeping in the morning. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may address this issue promptly for all of our guests. When your travels bring you back to Orlando, we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Hospitably,

Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We're just home in England after two fantastic weeks in Orlando staying at this suite hotel. From the moment we arrived the welcome and friendliness of the staff was obvious, we parted as friends. I am confined to a wheelchair but the accessible room we were allocated was excellent, Kitchen, Table, Sofas, Desk, Large TV's, Great Bed and Bathroom. The housemaid service was excellent, the computer room with free internet and printers, the swimming pool, Games Room, Laundry, fitness centre all excellent. Each morning the breakfast was superb and on Monday - Thursday there is a free dinner. The Hilton Hotel next door has a great Tikki Bar. The Homewood is 400 yards from International Drive which means its quieter but very close to Universal Studios, Wet 'n' Wild, Shopping and all the attractions of Orlando. My wife and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Orlando and thank everyone at Homewood for making it such a great holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisWheels
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear ChrisWheels,
It was such a pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of our hotel and staff. Your kind words are genuinely appreciated. The Tiki Bar at our sister hotel is a very popular added bonus where our guests can relax and enjoy themselves, and charges may be applied to their rooms at our hotel. Room service from our sister hotel is also able to be charged to your room.
Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. When you return to Orlando, we do look forward to seeing you again!

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel have very friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast, lots of amenities (e.g. a full kitchen) which makes it ideal for families with kids, TV channels are all there, coin-operated washing mashines and dryers available, tours desk, free shuttle to Universal Studios (check the tours desk) and in case you decided to stay late in Universal's CityWalk then it's only 7 USD by taxi. The hotel is not exactly situated on I-Drive, it takes a 5-6 minutes walk to reach I-Trolley stop #7 (You can get its tickets from the tours desk)- Hotel is close to great diners like ihop and denny's - only negative thing is that they don't change the bedsheets everyday and this made me itchy, but nevertheless, I highly recommend this hotel if you want to visit Universal and I-Drive attractions.

Dear Yaser A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit. In an effort to conserve our natural resources, we do have a conservation policy in place with regard to linen and terry. All linen and terry is changed after each guest, and sheets are changed every third day and as needed during your visit. We are more than happy to change the sheets or towels as often as requested, just let us know.
Our location just off of International Drive is one of the features many of our guests enjoy since we are away from the congestion and noisy night life in the middle of the I-Drive entertainment district. And as you mention the I-Ride Trolley is just down the street to get you back and forth.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to having you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in homewood suites in september 12....I highly recommend homewood suites not just for their impressive,warm welcomings, but the staff really go out of their way 2 help. We stayed for 2wks and in this time we got married. I had no idea where 2 go for my beauty treatments so the bfull service ladies bent over 2 assist me. My wedding was amazing, thanks 2 the staff at homewood suites and thank you Orlando,Florida for making our trip from Australia priceless. I will b back

Room Tip: If you have children, rooms near the elevators and access 2 the pool is recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Misssusie77
Dear MissSusie77,
Thank you so much for your flattering review of our hotel and staff. We are so happy that we could help with your big event. I know the ladies at my Front Desk truly enjoy going out of their way to help our guests. Everybody was so excited to see you head off to your wedding and it was such a pleasure to have you with us. When you return to Orlando we would love to see you back!

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good hotel, great food for breakfast and dinner. Best bargain. Close to all attractions, Helpful staff. Dinner on special nights is wonderful. Why pay Orlando rate for a good family dinner. Dinner for two Orlanda with wine is $100. Room is almost free

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sparkyEdmonton
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear sparkyEdmonton,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The evening Manager's Reception is one of my favorite value adds as well. It definitely allows our guests to save a lot of money they can use to enjoy the rest of their vacation in Orlando. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm on my third night stay at the Homewood nearest Universal and am really disappointed. While the suites are spacious, this place is in desperate need of a good cleaning: the door to my room is filthy, I found remnants from the last guest's breakfast cereal on the floor in the kitchen, and it looked like something exploded in the microwave. When I came back to my room tonight, I found out that my kitchen trash had not been emptied - my sushi takeout was still there. The hotel is set back from the street and I am amazed at how poorly lit the parking lot is. I've spent over 90 days in Orlando on business this year, and I know firsthand that you can find cleaner and nicer accommodations in a better area for the same or lower nightly rate.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear 2Travel2Tall,
I have read your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor and am very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not typical of what we hear from our guests and I would like the opportunity to make it right for you. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly at the hotel, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.