“Fantastic Suite Hotel - Excellent Staff & Facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #59 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Yorkshire, England
“Fantastic Suite Hotel - Excellent Staff & Facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We're just home in England after two fantastic weeks in Orlando staying at this suite hotel. From the moment we arrived the welcome and friendliness of the staff was obvious, we parted as friends. I am confined to a wheelchair but the accessible room we were allocated was excellent, Kitchen, Table, Sofas, Desk, Large TV's, Great Bed and Bathroom. The housemaid service was excellent, the computer room with free internet and printers, the swimming pool, Games Room, Laundry, fitness centre all excellent. Each morning the breakfast was superb and on Monday - Thursday there is a free dinner. The Hilton Hotel next door has a great Tikki Bar. The Homewood is 400 yards from International Drive which means its quieter but very close to Universal Studios, Wet 'n' Wild, Shopping and all the attractions of Orlando. My wife and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Orlando and thank everyone at Homewood for making it such a great holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisWheels
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear ChrisWheels,
It was such a pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of our hotel and staff. Your kind words are genuinely appreciated. The Tiki Bar at our sister hotel is a very popular added bonus where our guests can relax and enjoy themselves, and charges may be applied to their rooms at our hotel. Room service from our sister hotel is also able to be charged to your room.
Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. When you return to Orlando, we do look forward to seeing you again!

Keith Beears

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Finnish first
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel have very friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast, lots of amenities (e.g. a full kitchen) which makes it ideal for families with kids, TV channels are all there, coin-operated washing mashines and dryers available, tours desk, free shuttle to Universal Studios (check the tours desk) and in case you decided to stay late in Universal's CityWalk then it's only 7 USD by taxi. The hotel is not exactly situated on I-Drive, it takes a 5-6 minutes walk to reach I-Trolley stop #7 (You can get its tickets from the tours desk)- Hotel is close to great diners like ihop and denny's - only negative thing is that they don't change the bedsheets everyday and this made me itchy, but nevertheless, I highly recommend this hotel if you want to visit Universal and I-Drive attractions.

Dear Yaser A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit. In an effort to conserve our natural resources, we do have a conservation policy in place with regard to linen and terry. All linen and terry is changed after each guest, and sheets are changed every third day and as needed during your visit. We are more than happy to change the sheets or towels as often as requested, just let us know.
Our location just off of International Drive is one of the features many of our guests enjoy since we are away from the congestion and noisy night life in the middle of the I-Drive entertainment district. And as you mention the I-Ride Trolley is just down the street to get you back and forth.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to having you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in homewood suites in september 12....I highly recommend homewood suites not just for their impressive,warm welcomings, but the staff really go out of their way 2 help. We stayed for 2wks and in this time we got married. I had no idea where 2 go for my beauty treatments so the bfull service ladies bent over 2 assist me. My wedding was amazing, thanks 2 the staff at homewood suites and thank you Orlando,Florida for making our trip from Australia priceless. I will b back

Room Tip: If you have children, rooms near the elevators and access 2 the pool is recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Misssusie77
Dear MissSusie77,
Thank you so much for your flattering review of our hotel and staff. We are so happy that we could help with your big event. I know the ladies at my Front Desk truly enjoy going out of their way to help our guests. Everybody was so excited to see you head off to your wedding and it was such a pleasure to have you with us. When you return to Orlando we would love to see you back!

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good hotel, great food for breakfast and dinner. Best bargain. Close to all attractions, Helpful staff. Dinner on special nights is wonderful. Why pay Orlando rate for a good family dinner. Dinner for two Orlanda with wine is $100. Room is almost free

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sparkyEdmonton
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear sparkyEdmonton,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The evening Manager's Reception is one of my favorite value adds as well. It definitely allows our guests to save a lot of money they can use to enjoy the rest of their vacation in Orlando. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm on my third night stay at the Homewood nearest Universal and am really disappointed. While the suites are spacious, this place is in desperate need of a good cleaning: the door to my room is filthy, I found remnants from the last guest's breakfast cereal on the floor in the kitchen, and it looked like something exploded in the microwave. When I came back to my room tonight, I found out that my kitchen trash had not been emptied - my sushi takeout was still there. The hotel is set back from the street and I am amazed at how poorly lit the parking lot is. I've spent over 90 days in Orlando on business this year, and I know firsthand that you can find cleaner and nicer accommodations in a better area for the same or lower nightly rate.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear 2Travel2Tall,
I have read your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor and am very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not typical of what we hear from our guests and I would like the opportunity to make it right for you. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly at the hotel, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further.

Milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We liked this hotel.There is a small Universal Studios counter across reception where they'll assist you with your tickyes and transportation to Universal studios. We had a shuttle bus pick us up from this hotel to Universal studios and back. We booked a bus trip to Kennedy space station and the pickup point was at the Four Points hotel which was just across the road.The boys enjoyed the pool and the basket ball ring and the DVD from the front desk. There was complimentary breakfast and on most days, dinner too! The factory outlet was about 6 "trolley" stops away. The stop is less than a 5 minute stroll away. Rooms were cleaned daily. We found the coin operated washer and dryer useful. The front desk team was always on hand to help and made us feel at home - especially Matt. And I liked it because the room was affordable and spacious enough for the 4 of us. Subway and 7 eleven is about a 5 minute stroll away across an intersection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear TimeinMilan11,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of our hotel. I'll be sure to share your comments with my team and to recognize Matthew for his performance. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando.

brasil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in August 2012 for 10 nights, with our 2 daughters, 5 and 10 years old. We had a wonderful stay! The rooms are huge and very clean. The beds were comfortable.
Reception staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was good, with fruits, milk, waffles, eggs, coffee, cookies, flakes...
We will be back soon, cause we loved staying at Homewood!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gabi01
Dear Gabi01,
It was a pleasure to have your family visit with us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and my team did their part in making your visit with us enjoyable. We do hope to see you again when your travels return you to Orlando.