Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #55 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“20 out of 10!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2007

we have just returned from orlando and stayed at this hotel, I can honestly say that it was the bees knees!!!, it was v.clean, the staff were a.1. the breakfast and light dinner were excellent and saved us a whole lot of money on our 10 night stay. The accomodation was first class, seperate bedroom, kitchenette and a huge bathroom. I particularly liked the seperate front room, as I am an early riser I could go and make a cup of tea without disturbing anyone else!! if there WAS a downside, it was the distance to International Drive, although only a 5/10min walk, because of the intense heat, and not being able to walk great distances, I did find it a bit much, but nothing that taking it slowly I could'nt overcome. I would definately recommend this hotel without reservation. The free computer room was a bonus as we could check out places to visit, and prices etc. as non drivers we found the best bargins were multiple trolley and lynx bus tickets they would get you nearly anywhere you choose to go. We found a day trip advertised to Winter Park and jumped on the bus to Dowtown bus station (does'nt run very often though) for a connection to WP but although a pretty place, it really was'nt worth the long journey.The only dissapointment was the fact that they are knocking down all our old favorites, the Mercado has now gone, and the old Beltz Mall has changed to all designer shops...not many bargins to be found there anymore, overall a good return but would'nt go back, too much change...and not all for the better. Best place to eat we found was the Green(Red) Tomato restaurant just across the road by Kirkman (near Michaels craft store) all you can eat buffet, fresh salads and hot soup etc.

• Liked — it was clean!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bell51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
manchester
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Homewood Suites and cannot find fault with any aspect of our stay there. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen, lounge area, internet access in the room, a large bedroom with 2 queen beds, a separate vanity area and bathroom. The breakfast provided each morning was ample, with scrambled eggs and sausage each morning then 2 of either bacon, corned beef hash, breakfast potatoes, ham, boiled eggs or biscuits. Also bagels, English muffins, bread for toast, 3 cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, either waffles or pancakes, croissants, pastries, doughnuts or muffins, hot drinks, fruit juice and soda. We did not attend the managers reception so we cannot comment on this, but it seemed to be well attended. Free hot drinks and soda were available all day. All the staff were friendly and helpful. There is a pool and jacuzzi on site, as well as a games room, gym and computer room. Guests can also use the facilities at the Hilton Garden Inn (tiki bar and their pool/hot tub). The suites are a short walk away from International Drive but as they are on a street off I-Drive there is no unwanted noise. We would return without hesitation.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank floridafun06
NORFOLK
Reviewed October 6, 2007

Me and my family have experienced two fantastic holidays in Florida using this accommodation,December 2004 and August 2007. It cannot be faulted in my opinion in any way at all. It is super clean, the complimentary breakfast is delicious and the staff, rooms and pool are first class..
It is safe and secure which is important for me with a young family and close to all types of amenities and cheap food places if you feel you want to go out.It is quiet too, away from the traffic and noise from the I-drive but with enough going on around and about. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in this hotel and we look forward to returning for our third stay in August 2008.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Could not stay there longer
3 Thank WALTDISNEY6
Livingston, NJ
Reviewed September 15, 2007

Stayed with my family (4 of us) 9/12 - 9/15. Smooth check-in
which was 3 min and it was 2 am!. The hotel is in a great location, just 3 -5 min from Universal which is where we planned
to be for 2 days. The hotel room was great! As the previous reviews noted, full kitchen w/pots, dishes and silverware. Dishwasher, refrige and microwave. The sitting area has a pull-out couch, t.v., and there is a desk. Through the double doors is
the beds, chest w/deep drawers and another t.v., the other end
of the room is the vanity w/sink . A door seperates just the
shower and toilet. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast is great in the morning: all hot buffet,
w/eggs, bacon or sausage, cornbeef hash, waffle maker,
fruits, etc. The evening buffet is only on M - Thurs, we only had
it the 1 night and they served burgers, chips, salad, wine and beer. Outside from the dining area is the pool and hot tub and
next to it is the basketball court which my son loved!! Inside for
recreation is a game room and a gym. Next to the front desk is a mini store with a lot of items from toiletrees to food and it is 24 hrs. The street is right off Int. Dr. across from Wet and Wild so there are many things you can get to in walking distance. We paid $109 per/night which was a great value for the service, food and cleaniness of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel and even though Disney is about 20 min away, I would probobly stay here again and just travel to one of those parks!!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of television channels
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank AndreaNJ
cork ireland
Reviewed September 9, 2007

I rarely believe everything I read but I must agree with most of the reviewers of this hotel, evertyhing went very smoothly from check-in to check-out. The service provided from the front desk was excellent, breakfast was a real bonus & the managers buffet was welcome after a day out at the themeparks. We arrived in the middle of a thunderstorm, lightning had hit the building causing the fire alarm to sound & a full evacuation down the stairs to the lobby just as the fire trucks were arriving (my nine year old daughter had her first holiday photo taken with the firemen). The rooms were spotlessly clean but the layout of the apartment was a bit strange, I was with my wife & two daughters 18 & 9 so the sleeping arrangements (2 queen beds in one room) took some organising, eventually my eldest settled for the pull out sofabed in the sitting room. The pool was open until 10pm each evening & was flodlit with soft piped music playing to relax you even more, pool towels were also provided. Internet access was available at reception, a 24hr juice & soda station a games room & a gym were all free. All in all wonderful value for money & I cant relate anything but positives fot the Hilton Homesuites Universal Orlando

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — waiting for the elevator
7 Thank tony_105
Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2007

My family and I recently returned from this hotel and we had a great experience. This was our first trip to Orlando and we were not familiar with the area. We had a one room suite; the bedroom was ample to fit two queen sized beds. The room rate was great and the breakfast was enough to keep us going until late lunch. Although the hotel was busy, it was quiet at night. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would definately go back again. We looked at other hotels in the area and decided that we would go back to to this chain if we returned to Disney. Staying in this hotel and getting discounted tickets is the best way to have a nice trip without breaking the bank. We (5 people) had airfare, Disney, Universal and hotel & car for 8 days for less than $2,500. We plan on going back next year!

5 Thank MarylandTravelmom
florida
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Me and my friends had a get-a-way weekend from our husbands to see a concert. After researching what seemed forever, we decided on this hotel, and I am glad we did. We checked in 30 minutes early, check-in was fast! The clerks at the desk where very nice. We got a universal view room, it was over looking the highway. The windows where ceiling to floor basically, so the nightly view was gorgeous! The staff was very quick and efficient. When we got in our room the batteries where dead in the remote, I called front desk, within 5 minutes, maintenance knocked on door with fresh batteries. I felt very safe and secure, because security was always walking around the property. I was trying to come through the door with my luggage and the security man helped me with my bags and into my room. You don't see that often. You had to have a card key to even get inside the building. Well lit parking areas and pool. The breakfast was good, and they let you take it back up to your room on trays. Always kept it well stocked. When they say black out curtains they aren't lying!! That was nice, when you wanted to be lazy and sleep in. The rooms do not have those floor air conditioners that make a lot of noise, all rooms had central air, with a digital thermostat to set the temperature. There where more thamn ample supplies of towels. The bed's where a dream! They had goose feather pillows. Each bed had 3 pillows and a spare in the closet, but we asked the maid for more, so we ended up with 10 pillows to snuggle with. Anything we asked of the maid, was always with a smile, never an attitude. The kitchen had everything you needed. This hotel had all the comfort of home! Check out was simple as well, you just called front desk tell them we are leaving, leave the keys on the table and your done. I highly recomment this hotel.

• Liked — the rooms and the staff
  • Disliked — getting into the hotel was off I-drive, had to cross over lanes of traffic, was at the corner of wet-n-wild.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends