“overall experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North
Ranked #99 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Staff was helpful and friendly. Hotel conveniently located. Breakfast had a wide choice of both hot and cold food. Room had a coffee/tea maker. also microwave and refrigerator. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean and plenty of towels. Also shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

On behalf of everyone here at the Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive,

we would like to offer our heartfelt thanks for your favorable review of our hotel.

We love having you here! And we look forward to your prompt return.

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive Team

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for a week over Christmas 2013. The place in general was fine everything as it should be.

I checked my bank account online, and discovered that the Hotel had double billed me. When I brought it to their attention a guy on the desk said 'oh that will be returned to your account when you check out'.

So when we checked out I asked for written proof that they were aware of the mistake and I would get my money back.

That was over 10 days ago and I dont have the money back which amounts to $554, so I have instructed my bank to reclaim the full payment, then they can wait for me to pay the proper amount.

I wonder how many people dont notice this on their accounts.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jools_stanford

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We really appreciate all of our guests taking the time to let us know about their experience.

Praises, comments and observations are always welcomed.

You expose a very valid point in your post. One of the best consumer practices is verifying that

banks and credit card merchants are posting the correct transactions to the pertinent

accounts. It is unfortunate for the consumer that even after the end users such as us

release authorizations that banks and merchant companies hold the funds for longer

period of times.

Again thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive Team

Reviewed January 7, 2014

good location, very clean, nicely appointed. More food options for breakfast than expected. Only issue was finding the hotel since it sits way back off the road and the sign is very small. Cannot see from the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel.

Out of the many choices you have in Orlando, you decided on us, and for this we are greatful.

Even more so we would like to extend our greatfulness and thank you for your posivitive comments. They encourage the staff and the community as well.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Sincerly,

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The lobby and pre-room experience was wonderful, but the rooms--not so much! I stay in Hampton Inns all the time, and this was my worst experience of all. I was supposed to have a king bed, non-smoking room, but when I arrived, the only available was a handicapped room. I really was not pleased as I hate showering and letting the water go all over the floor with no walls. The worst was the ants ALL OVER THE SHOWER! Couldn't change rooms though - nothing else available. Beds were horribly uncomfortable too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate all the positive comments. We also appreciate your concers, please know that the appropriate members of our team worked towards controlling the areas that require our immediate attention. Thankfully yours. The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive Team.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I travel often for work and enjoy staying in Hilton properties because of the clean facilities and outstanding service.I decided to stay at this Hampton Inn for 4 nights while attending the Capital One Bowl. Unfortunately,this hotel did not live up to the quality I havd encountered at other Hampton Inns. For example, when our rooms were cleaned, the towels, washcloths and bathmat were removed, but I had to ask for replacement toweIs, wash cloths, bath mat and soap each day of my stay.We were left with no bathroom linens. I was only give two washcloths for two people even after asking for a few extra. I thought maybe this was an isolated incidence but other guests on various floors commented that they had the same problem. Also, there was no book in the room that listed amenities and each time I asked at the front desk I was told one would be sent right up. We were never told about amenities that were available to us and pretty much had to figure them our ourselves. For example, there are passes to use the trolleys along International Drive and we only learned about them the last night after we had paid for transportation the entire length of our stay. It was actually by accident that we overheard another guest mention the pass that we learned they were available. There are no safes in the room, which I find strange for this type of hotel.

I do want to say the staff at the front desk was nice but they never offered information other than what was asked. Also, when I mentioned my concerns to the manager he offered to add extra Hilton points as an apology which was nice, but these type of problems should never happen in a Hilton property.I realize the hotel was at capacity but events such as the Capital One Bowl and busy days at Disney are known well in advance and hotels should be prepared for this. Unfortunately, I will not stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank AnnCamer

A Hampton hotel is only able to open its doors because of guests such as yourself.

For you are our greatest teachers, and your comments are our greatest lessons.

Please accept our apologies for falling short in a few areas.

We truly thank you for your input, since it will allow us the opportunity to rectify and improve.

It will be a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future

From all the members of the Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive Team

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great location. In the middle of International Drive. Super close to Universal Studios and just around the exit to the I4 which leads to Disney World. Lot of shops and restaurants close. Very clean rooms and huge.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Its always a treat for the hotel and staff to receive a positive review from a senior contributor.

We appreciate your patronage, your comments and of course we would love to have you amongst us soon.

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive Staff

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Mistreated in everyway the price was extremely high the buffet not enough seats and very little food for every one small room crowded I paid double for the room than regular rate make sure they have your room or you will wait till they say its ok

2  Thank allenm643
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that there was not enough seating in our dining area and regret that the size of our breakfast area was not satisfactory. We've shared your comments with the appropriate members of our team for further review. We hope that we can invite you back again for a better experience.

Kind regards,