“Excellent service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North
Ranked #98 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were blown away by the awesome service and attention given to us. Every employee went above and beyond the call of duty with helping us. Our family had an amazing time. It was very convienient and close to the theme parks and all the restaurants on International Drive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
hamptoninnidrive, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We also wanted to tell you that we appreciate your comments and review.

It will be a pleasure to have the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I fell in love with the staff. Specially the cleaning lady. Everyday she would say good morning have a nice day. As we went to the breakfast area the young man was very helpful. The food was fresh and pretty. We will be back.

Room Tip: Studio Two Queen Rooms are Huge
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed 9 days at this hotel during a recent business trip. Most of the front desk staff were courteous,but one in particular put a damper on the trip. I had to speak to the housekeeping staff numerous times in regards to turning off my air conditioner,which made the room extremely hot. Then came the bed bugs and fleas during day 3 of my stay. The hotel manager was absentee, until I basically complained very loudly. The finally changed my room and rented out a pest infested room to another guest. The breakfast horrible and the dining area was seldom clean, it was like they were short staffed every morning. Second day in I opted to eat out and found a First Watch or Dunkin Donuts to get quality coffee and bagels.

Worst stay ever and I have since recommended that my company and my customers stay at something other than the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Misleading choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joe S

We also wanted to tell you that we appreciate your comments and review.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive

Reviewed June 10, 2012

An excellent location - especially if you are going to Sea World - and very quiet. Just off International drive but it enables you to walk to a lot of very good restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Everything about the hotel was perfect and even the complimentary continental breakfast was excellent.
I would have no hesitation about going back there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2012

we stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The front desk people are wonderful. we arrived to early for check in and we were going to universal for the day. they held our luggage for us and when we finally arrived at the hotel that evening our bags had already been placed in our room for us. Rooms are huge, the beds were beyond comfortable. really really good nights sleep. The sofa bed let out and there were still plenty of room to walk around and have luggage scattered everywhere. The area around the hotel is very touristy kind of on the run down side but the service and beds really made you not care. Tons of places to eat but I would suggest going a little further closer to universal for really decent food. The breakfast was ok - your standard free breakfast of bagles, muffins, french toast sticks juice, etc. etc. We were about 2 miles from Universal. They do have a shuttle to take you to the park but they only do it twice in the mornings and twice at night and we decided to drive and park at Universal and have the option of going and returning when we wanted to and get to spend time At Universal city walk. Hotel is a little tired looking and could use some touching up but all in all a decent hotel with the most wonderful beds and lot of space to spread out if you are a family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I booked & prepaid for 3 rooms for my employees over the Memorial Day Weekend. It was clean and comfortable for them, but the pictures are very misleading. There is NO little store for anyone to buy small items,there is a cooler against the wall with sodas. The breakfast supplied is not anything like the photos. And the pool is extremely small, way to small for the size of the hotel. The biggest problem is that I contracted the hotel twice, & spoke to the sales department prior to booking & prepaying these rooms to make sure I could get my Hilton points for the employees rooms, and I was clearly told me that I would have NO problem getting them. Needless to say, I did not get them, so I files a complaint with guest services, & a week later still no points, I have been getting the run around for a week.I just got off the phone with Hilton Guest Services, and it is just a mess, the representative I spoke with only had part of the information, etc.... just a bunch of run around. Also they put a pending hold of $342.00 on each of the rooms that I had PREPAID, that is over $1,000 in pending charges!!!! This does take away from your existing available credit, so I called the hotel & they told me they could not do anything, even though the rooms were prepaid. All hotels have a pending charge when you check in, and that in itself is not the problem, the problem is the pending charges were MORE than the cost of the rooms, which were PREPAID. We will never visit this hotel again, way to much trouble, there are plenty of hotels in this price range without the problems. I wish I could give this hotel a good rating, my employees were very excited about staying here, and we will never ever go back, it is just not worth the aggravation.I really expected more from a Hilton property. Sadly I do not feel it deserves more than 1 star.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank ES727
hamptoninnidrive, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Please know that our intentions are always to make sure that our guests are 100% satisfied.

Sometimes there are circumtances beyond our control.

The past we can't fix, but if you allow me the opportunity and we can speak at a convenient time for you. We might be able to move forward in a more positive direction.

I look forward to our conversation.

At your service.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed three nights here in February. Hotel and room typical of Hampton Inns. Clean and comfortable. Tricky to find - so follow the directions carefully as it fronts I Drive but is not accessible from I Drive. We had no problems at all. We were on a shopping and sightseeing trip so we were quite happy to be away from the noise and bustle of I Drive itself. Try the Cheesecake Factory for a delicious meal and Bubba Gumps at Universal City Walks

Room Tip: Good place to stay slightly off IDrive.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

We also wanted to tell you that we appreciate your comments and review.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

The Hampton Inn and Suites International Drive