“Awesome, authentic, fresh food.”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #1,710 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: These are mostly Jet-Blue Gates at the Orlando International Airport
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“Awesome, authentic, fresh food.”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Thanks to tripadvisor for this find! We had to take it to go since there aren't enough tables, but the food was extremely delicious. I can't rave enough about it.
Prices were reasonable, too. $25 for 3 full meals, 1 Mexican soda, and chips, salsa, and guac.
Don't miss it.

1 Thank kntheb0ys

Burlington, Vermont
“Great restaurant at Orlando airport”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Had a recommendation to eat here from local Orlando travelers and in fact did so. Arrived at gate with an hour or so to spare, so thought we'd get a real meal with a drink, instead of the usual "gotta eat something" fast food choices.
Place was popular and pretty full, but we got seated within 10 minutes. Waiter was quick to take our orders, bring our wine, and the meal arrived pretty quickly too. So, pretty important at an airport gate restaurant.
However, speed wasn't the best part. The food, and the choices, were great, well prepared and tasty, AND very reasonably priced. How often does that happen at any airport vendor?
So we've recommended the restaurant to several of our other "snowbird" northern friends who travel to Orlando using Jet Blue, and they too have found it to be a great place to eat. Thought I'd share our little secret with my TripAdvisor friends too.

• Visited February 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Inattentive hosts, spotty service”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have been to this On the Border numerous times while visiting Orlando and my experience is based upon many visits, the last being in August.
For an airport based restaurant, you expect service to be polite and quick, as passengers are trying to grab something decent to eat prior to boarding their flights.
Unfortunately, you may not find that at this restaurant unless you sit at the often crowded bar.I don't particularly care for drinking and eating at a bar stool with crowds, and people bumping into me and/or slamming their luggage into my back as I sit. Because of this, I prefer to be seated, but every time I visit and ask for a seat, the host or hostesses say "go ahead and sit anywhere.... well 10 minutes + later, and watching the hostesses sit other people and watch them getting orders taken struck a nerve with me. This happened on more than one occasion ,and all I can think is these donkeys assume I'm going to sit at the "bar" and they forget I'm there. That is definitely what happened !
If you are a solo traveler and ask for a seat, they will tell you to sit anywhere and I promise, THEY WILL FORGET YOU ARE THERE . When I brought this up to one of the managers on duty, he quickly got someone to take my order, but she made matters worse by saying, "well , it's first come first serve" . I felt like saying, "yeah, no [--], I was here first, watching people arrive after me get served before me" .
The food itself is reasonable priced for an airport restaurant. I tend to order a taco, enchilada, or burrito, and it tastes decent for Tex Mex.They never seem to get my order right, however. They offer complimentary tortilla chips, but I have grown annoyed at having to remind them every time I go there to get some chips for me. It's bad enough they forget I'm there, but , to also forget about the chips is just pathetic service. They really need to train the hosts and servers better.
Needless to say, I will not be returning there while waiting for my next Jet Blue flight, and instead will be forced to grab a burger at Burger King.

• Visited August 2011