“Great Choice”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #59 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 19, 2006

We chose this hotel after much research on Trip Adviser and it piad off, we were more than satisfied. We loved this hotel. We had a room on the 13th floor overlooking the pool area, it was clean and had everything we needed. The lobby was well kept, the staff polite and helpful, restaurants good and it was a pleasure to relax in the bar area after a hectic day at the parks. It is not a family hotel, there were no small children around, more couples and convention groups but a lovely relaxing place to stay. The poole and terrace area were well kept, I thoroughly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
8  Thank Sues-travels
Write a ReviewReviews (2,429)

Reviewed October 9, 2006

I spent 2 nights at The Rosen Plaza - October 6 and 7. Check-in went smoothly. My room turned out to be non-smoking. I called the front desk and they informed me that the entire hotel was non-smoking starting October 1. What a surprise - didn't see that on their website, and when they sent me my friendly reminder regarding my reservations it was not there as well.

The hotel is centrally located on International Drive within walking distance of many many places to eat and shop.

I ate at The Matisse restaurant. Although a buffet was advertised for Sunday, there was no buffet, we made our selections off the menu. Food was okay. It cost $60 for breakfast for 2 adults, 2 children - and that was French Toast, eggs and juice.

The Backstage night club had music and dancing and a friendly crowd.

The walls are very thin. I heard toilets, flushing, conversations, sex and ultimately an alarm clock that went off in an empty room and rang and rang.

There are other, more reasonably priced places in the same area. I wouldn't pick The Rosen Plaza again. It seems to be on the decline. The energy and service just wasn't on.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Seveen
Reviewed September 17, 2006

our stay here was excellent. We especially loved the on-site Backstage Club. It was nice to be able to party and not have to drive anywhere. The pool was beautiful and the hotel was not too crowded when we stayed there over Labor Day weekend. They have excellent ammenties and the staff was very polite and helpful in any way they could.

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank margie22
Reviewed September 11, 2006

My family and I (all 7 of us) arrived at the Rosen PLaza after a long flight from the UK. We booked this hoiday 6 months in advance and had requested (with Virgin) adjoining rooms as we had our children with us. Upon arrival the reception staff didnt even have a record of our booking! They could not give us adjoining rooms but did however compensate by upgrading my husband and I to a rather nice suite. To be honest I did like the Hotel and for teh first few days we had a happy stay UNTIL the arrival of hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of teenagers from North Carolina on a Jesus Convention. Oh My God! It was a nitemare beyond belief!!! They ransaked the Hotel, monopolised the pool, lifts, jacuzzi, they were just running riot everywhere till teh early hours of the morning! We complained (and complained) and they gave us a free meal!!!! We didnt want a free meal for gods sake this holiday cost me and hubbie 8k! I kept on to the manager but he was conveniently tied up whenever I did manage to track him down! A word of warning, my son spoke to one of the few adults who were part of this group and he said they are going again this year!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned :-(

Stayed: December 2005
9  Thank Tiamarias
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Worried about going to this hotel after seeing the hotels bad reviews. We were very happy with the hotel, at the price we paid ( went with Virgin Holidays and paid not much more than we would have paid for a motel) . Much higher standard than motel, good facilities in room.

Clean room, lovely lobby, always plenty of sun beds round pool. Not many kids! This is not a family hotel.

Warning Bar closed at 11 pm! Only bar that stays open is in the night club, not for us, we like to hear ourselves think!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FionaHaddon
Reviewed August 25, 2006

I stayed at the Rosen Plaza in late June for 5 days because I was attending a convention. I found the Rosen Plaza to be a nice hotel. Its strength are it cleaniness and staff. We found the lobby to be beautiful and well kept. The restaurants are off the lobby. We ate at Jack's Place and found the prices to be reasonable and the food good for a high end restaurant. The other restaurant was a standard one that was open for breafast, lunch and dinner, mostly. serving American cuisine. Its best feature was that the prices were fair and the menu flexible.

The room we had was okay; it had a king size bed. It was spacious enough, but it seemed a little dated. It had one of those old airconditioning units and the bath while large enough didn't have a medicine cabinet for yout toiletries. What does set the Rosen Plaza apart from other hotels I have stayed at is its staff. They were all very polite and professional - from the waiters to concierge to the doorman. You were treated with respect and dignity. You were made to feel, well like a guest! A feeling that sometime is sadly lacking at other establishments.

There is a desk in the lobby that help you plan events. The Universal Bus comes to the hotel for free. While the Disney bus you have to pay for 14 dollars per person. (Gee do you think Disney, needs the money?) Must have been Michael Eisner's idea, do you think?

In conclusion, The Rosen Plaza is a nice hotel, with a great staff. It's not a 5 star hotel, but its service is.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank RichS
Reviewed August 21, 2006

I have just stayed at this hotel with my family for two weeks. I did a lot of research and this place won hands down! It is ideally located on International Drive and the shuttle service to the Universal resorts/ wet n wild/seaworld etc is free. We only had to stand once, other than that we frequently had a half empty bus! The I Trolley stop is right outside, as is the lynx bus stop and both are cheap and frequent. The hotel is very clean, impressive looking and the staff are pleasant and polite. It has plenty of laundry rooms (very cheap to do a load of washing/drying yourself). The rooms are slighty dark with the furniture but have all you need except for teabags if you are British!! The restaurant does a lovely buffet breakfast and though dearer than the restaurants nearby - the food was of much better quality. If it is busy, they also do a wonderful lunch and dinner buffet as well as offering other meals in a further restaurant and a lite bite shop. There is a supermarket about 5 mins walk away and I would advise that you get water from there as it is cheaper!! (lots). There isn't a fridge in every room so ask for a polystyrene cooler at the supermarket. There is ice machines on each floor. The pool was lovely and open till midnight. No need to pack towels as they are by the pool and places like wet 'n' wild hire them out. Plenty of sunloungers all around the pool. It is a conference hotel and so you are never sure who is coming next - we had a couple of conventions whilst we were there and everyone was nice. The kids loved meeting new people. It wasn't packed with families, enough to make it nice for the kids but not to inconvenience you with the noise! The hotel expects you to wear shirt and shoes so no dashing in part dressed from the pool which made it much nicer!
The helpdesk were great for info on the parks and shuttle times. The restaurant staff were really nice.
The complex over the road (Point Orlando) has not been fully completed but the prices in the shoe shops were cheaper than some of the prices in the outlet shops at Premium Outlets. Worth a look! The in craze of Heeleys were upto $30 cheaper!
Should we ever come back to Orlando I would stay here again!

8  Thank KathieClark