“great hotel”

Ranked #85 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
liverpool
“great hotel”
Reviewed May 15, 2006

my husband and I travelled here for the first time with our 2 children (9and7) not quite sure what to expect as people had told us that it was more geared around business folk. This was true to some extent but it did not change anything.If you intend to be out at the parks all daythe beautiful outdoor pool is a great way to relax when you get back.The hotel offered free shuttle bus to universal which was good but the shuttle bus to disney cost $14 each return and the children payed the same so the 5 trips to disney was quite expensive.The hotel has a 24 hour deli which comes in very handy but the other 2 restaurants were quite expensive (breakfast $15 each)when compared to the sizzler next bus stop up ($19 for all of us)you can guess where we ate most mornings!.The staff were very friendly especially Harry who booked our bus shuttles for us,the girls thought he was great.Overall the cleanliness of the hotel is fine and the lobby area is spacious and elegant along with the convenience of the i-ride trolley stop outside the hotel this was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed April 2006
10 Thank anfield05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2006

The hotel is great and extremely comfortable. However, on my arrival I found the bed hadn't been changed and was shocked to find a bottle of spermicide under the pillow. I had wondered what kind of preperation and effort was put into accomodating new guests soon as our bed hadn't even been checked. Apart from this slight problem, everything else was great and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2003
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 27, 2006

For me, this was the right hotel at the right time and the right place. I was attending a convention 100 yards from the front door of the hotel. They arranged an airport pickup and drop off for $18 complete. The front desk went online and got me a boarding pass for my return ticket. The room service was great. I even had room service deliver dinner to me at the bar after the superbowl. It was great. There is a small food store and deli along with a gift store in the hotel. I never had to leave the hotel in 3 days and 3 nights. The room was big and clean and the staff nice and helpful. No complaints here.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank TravellerLA
Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 24, 2006

I was at the Rosen Plaza for business, and the biggest plus is that it is an easy walk to the convention center, even in inclimate weather. There is a 24 hour deli, coffee stand, and bar in the lobby that were made it easy to picking up a quick bite to eat or coffee, and meeting up with collegues.
On the minus side, I thought over $200 per night would get a better quality room. The room was clean, yet quite musty. The two people I traveled with reported their rooms were unbearably musty. The whole place, although clean, very much needed a facelift.

Stayed February 2006
4 Thank howboutit
Iowa
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My husband and I spent two nights and the hotel was very nice. I was pleased with the cleanliness of our room. Any staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. Orlando itself was a little disappointment since we were just relaxing and not going to any of the theme parks. The level of traffic and activity in the city is kind of high for just hanging out. I would stay at the Rosen again.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank fishngun
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Having stayed in this hotel in 1996 and again in 1998 I was looking forward to a trip away over Xmas. There were 5 in our party, two adults, two children (16&11) and one infant 4 months old. We booked two rooms.

The rooms were in some need of refurbishment but were cleaned to a reasonable standard. When we checked in I asked if we could have a fridge and microwave for baby bottles. The fridge was no problem but the desk clerk wanted to charge me $20 per day for a microwave. I expressed concern at there lack of child friendliness and asked to speak to the duty manager. He said that he would charge me $15 a day. I told him this was unacceptable as I could buy one from Wallmart for $30. He did not move an inch so I told him I would not be spending any money in his hotel out of principle. He seemed unconcerned.

Fortunately I expressed my concern to the lady in housekeeping who had small children herself and after apologising for the duty manager supplied a microwave FOC as their sister hotel the Rosen Centre had already done. She was brilliant.

During our stay the hotel kept dropping notes under the door wanting to clean our carpets which we kept telling reception we did not want.
The door cards kept breaking making trips up and down to a busy reception a pain. Also, call me a snob, but the standard of guest has dropped like a stone. This was highlighted by a Pikey family of about 10-12 people running around the pool screaming and swearing. Despite numerous complaints to reception by lots of guests nothing was done.

A great shame for a once great hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2006

This was without a doubt the best hotel i have ever stayed in. The rooms were very good and the service in the hotel was excellent. The location is perfect for the parks, shopping and eating out. I would seriously recommend this hotel to anyone who is just looking to stay in luxury for their time in florida. Top notch

• Stayed September 2005