“Great weekend for the 4th of July”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #88 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
spring hill fl
“Great weekend for the 4th of July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

I would like to appauld the staff at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando. We have stayed there numerous times but this was a great weekend for all. We had another family of 4 join us for the weekend to celebrate the 4th and go ride the new Manta at Seaworld. (which is right down the road). We were able to enjoy the pool ( mostly the kids) and sit pool side and have a few beverages while relaxing. The rooms are always clean and the staff very courtious.
Thanks guys, we will be back

Tom Allnutt

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

Stayed here from 26.06 - 10.07. The room and the rest of the hotel were spotless and I am very particular. You could not turn around in the hotel but there was someone cleaning. The beds very extremely comfortable and room service came every day. The room was cleaned daily and towels were changed daily. Staff were very helpful when asked any questions.

We found parking easy - there is a big area at the rear of the hotel (round from the bus drop off point) with doors into the hotel. The bar did shut early though if the hotel was quiet. This was inconvienient for us with a teenager - who wanted to read her book. We planned to leave her reading and sit downstairs for a nigh cap but the bar was shut.

The pool area is really nice and is a good size. Situated on the nicer side of International Drive but handy for everything. The bus service to Universal was fine but would always get a taxi back as the bus is regularly packed at night and can take ages to get back to the hotel.

ft lauderdale fla
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

first, there were two drinking glasses and plate left from another guest when I arrived at the room. Second, the furniture was old with some chips on the dresser. The airconditioner was loud and kept me up one night. The maid service was inconsistent, After the first night, they did not come to clean up the room until after 4:00 the following day. Wet towels were still on the floor and my coffee cup was still where I left it when we returned around 3:30 that afternoon. The morning that we were checking out (11:00 check out), they arrived at our door at 8:45 knocked a few times and then opened it. I was still in bed. I had to yell at them to leave the room. Lastly, I knew I was responsible for payment the first night but i had bid on this hotel for my second night. Due to a holiday weekend the bid did not go through and I became responsible for the second night as well. The management did nothing to help defray the cost even when a gentleman standing next to me was negotiating extending his stay at a lower rate and it was accepted. I was told they could not help me out. Tried to contact the auction site via the business center where I had to pay $6. for use of the computer. I do not think the management of this hotel thought I would write a review. Ooops - forgot the worst - parking. If you come back late at night you might not always find a space and have to drive around a few times before a patron from the bar/restaurant on premises was leaving. This happened on both nights of our stay.

3 Thank beccani
North Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

Stayed at the Rosen Plaza for two weeks in June 2008 travelling with Virgin Holidays. Found the hotel clean and staff friendly. Took advice and requested a high floor which avoided any noise from the nightclub though didn't really notice any problems in this respect. Fresh food from the small shop and takeaway were good and could be eaten at the poolside tables. Pool could have been a little more child friendly but nice nontheless. Well located for nice local restaurants such as The Olive Garden which was superb. Sizzlers almost next door for a cheap and filling breakfast before the parks.
Wouldn't hesitate to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank dickhilt
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was staying here due to my company trying to save a buck during a convention. Avoid 3rd floor, I got bitten by bed bugs and so did my colleague who was also on the 3rd floor. They did change us to different rooms on higher level. The hotel should be renamed Roach Plaza and not the Rosen.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
17 Thank chicagotraveler9411
Preston, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Nice hotel, on the whole great facilities.

Add to that a great location, good public transport, great restaurants within walking distance. Easy to get to the theme parks and shoppling outlets.

Perhaps the only downside is no balcony or opening doors or window as even with the airconditioning it got a bit stuffy and stale.

The people on the tourist/trip advisor did not do the hotel justice, they were not helpful unless you were buying something from them. Yes they offered Disney ticket discounts, but you had to go to a timeshere presentation.

Would we go back ? Definitely, next time we go to Orlando this will be the first we check for price and availability.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PR2Preston_England
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed at the Rosen Plaza in mid-May for four nights. I recommend the hotel for it’s ammenities: it had a nice pool, a wide variety of good food choices, the room was comfortable and the entire staff was very nice. About the only thing I would complain about is the feather bed pillows. I’m not a fan of those and would have slept better if I had regular pillows. I guess I could have tried asking for them but I didn’t think of that til just now! All in all it was a good experience and I definitely plan to stay there again the next time I’m in Orlando

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business