“Good location & comfortable hotel”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week, my partner was working at an exhibition at the convention centre across the road. The hotel was good, the rooms were clean and the beds were really comfortable. The location is fantastic, right across the road from the Convention Centre, across from a shopping area with lots of great places to eat. There is also lots of public transport available round the hotel with the I-Tram and the local buses.
There is free wifi throughout the hotel however the TV stations are only American, so not good if you need BBC world service like I do. The bar is ok but the restaurant isn't great. I would recommend using the coffee bar and deli for supplies, especially breakfast and lunch.
The hotel also has a great concierge team who can sort out trips and have lots of discount vouchers for attractions and restaurants.
Be careful with the disney shuttle though, it only drops you off in one place and the disney area is enormous and you need to get their internal buses which, when there is traffic, can take over an hour to get from Downtown Disney to the shuttle pick up.
The hotel pool is ok, the sun only hit it from about 9am when we were there and the pool itself felt like it could do with a better cleaning system. They're also building a bridge from the hotel to the convention centre which means the work men look down into the pool area and make the odd comment. It was also really noisy around the pool with the bridge work and the renovations to their gift shop. However there was a band and BBQ on the Saturday we left.
There's also a hotel gym and the club Backstage which is supposed to be good but was closed when we were there.

Room Tip: get a room high up and try not to have one facing the pool if you can't. Our friends complained...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We're pleased your enjoyed your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lovely hotel across the road from pointe Orlando .awesome buffet breakfast 12 dollars don't miss it so yummy.nice pool small gym beds a little small for a double but hotel is great value.the pub bar and restaurant across the road great food and drinks and a five minute walk from millers ale house.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frankmac50

Thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Its not the closest walk from the convention center, but we have stayed there for the last 3 trips, and its a comfortable, and affordable place to stay with a great pool and good food. I like the comfy beds, and newly remodeled bathrooms. Big flat screens with movie channels meant there was always something good to watch at the end of a long day.... Staff is friendly, pool is big and gets great late day sun.
We had even had free internet, which is a switch, because last three years we had to pay some outrageous fee - like $12/day for access. I even like the attached nightclub with a band stage for some late night action before bed on the weekends. Coffee Bar always served good coffee for than AM rush.

Room Tip: Hallways are a little confusing, and you'd better have strong arms if your room is all the way a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us here at Rosen Plaza and sharing your comments.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked this hotel on hotwire for June 15-20, and I must say I was this was the best deal I've ever gotten on a hotel. Check in was a breeze, they even upgraded us to a king room at no extra charge, thank you Rolls. Housekeeping was excellent, I left a $5 tip everyday and it was never even taken, my wife asked for some extra sugar 1 day, and never had to ask again as extra was left every day. Location is excellent on I drive. I see some negative reviews on here, and I just can't understand them, or maybe those are just people who are expecting the Waldorf Astoria at a third of the price or in my case a sixth. Well done Rosen Plaza.
P.s. the ribeye and scallop dishes at jacks place are excellent, they even gave us a 25% off coupon.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank whodat39564

We appreciate your review of us here at Rosen Plaza!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our weekend getaway! We got the room at a discount and, to be honest, I was REALLY worried when I read the reviews. I thought the hotel was going to be shabby, the staff was going to be rude, and we were going to be stuck in a place we hated. I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel was clean and felt very nice. The pool was beautiful and drinks were available. Our room was perfect. There is an extra ledge in the bathroom that makes it easy to have two people get ready at one time. Pointe Orlando is literally across the street, which has restaurants and an IMAX movie theater. Some people have complained that it's not like the Peabody or Hyatt... but those places have much higher rates so those expectations are a little far fetched. If you want to have a great stay in a clean, friendly, newly renovated hotel at a great price, this is your place.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel ahead of time and ask to be on one of the top floors. The view was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brirene

Thanks for choosing us here at Rosen Plaza. It's great we added to your enjoying your weekend getaway.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is very lovely down stairs in the public areas however the room itself was totally average- could be any nice Holiday Inn etc. Very basic nice small hotel room- nothing special and certainly not worth the steep price. Of course there is a 12$ charge for breakfast and they even charge 13$ just to let you park your car in their lot. Save yourself a bundle and stay in a less expensive hotel with a much larger room or rooms and free parking. For 200$ a night you could have an apartment time share or a nice Disney room.

Room Tip: Another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved this Hotel. I cant say enough good things about it !! Most accomodating staff and every square inch of this place is in top-notch condition. My husband and I stayed 3 days for a convention. The staff made every effort to see we were more than pleased with them. I can honestly say that this is a beautiful place to stay. Its also a very convienient location, as it's right on I-drive. They offer fee shuttle to water park, very informative about local restaurants and things to do . Very Very large hotel. If you are traveling for business dont hessitate. If traveking for fun and enjoyment-dont hessiate.
** as to be expected, ON SITE bars and restaurants are pricey-but all very good quality !!

Room Tip: get a room up high. the views of the area are pretty neat
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Indeed we are a great place whether for business or pleasure. Thanks for staying with us.