“Conference City”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Rosen Plaza ia a superb establishment for conferences. It is a large, well appointed hotel with excellent facilities and staff. The location is terrific and within easy rech (10-20mins) of all the attractions in Orlando (Seaworld, Universal Studios, Disney World) etc. Accross the road from the Rosen is a fantastic Cafe/Restaraunt/Bar area that caters to just about every taste and clientele. This would be an ideal place for a business trip or equally a family holiday. I found the area reasonably priced, given that it is in the middle of a tourist precinct. I would return here with my family for a vacation. I can't speak about value for money as this was a business trip in which the company paid!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Qldr

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Got this hotel on hotwire for under $60.Can't remember if we used the 3 or 4 star filter.
Got to check in and they didn't have my reservation. After reviewing paperwork,I was at wrong hotel.Front desk clerk apologized to me. I told her I screwed up not her and no need to apologize. Rosen centre and Rosen plaza are about one half mile apart. We had stayed at Rosen center i the past so automatically drove there.
Once we got to the correct hotel check in was a breeze. Got waited on quickly and no problems.
This hotel is a little dated and could use some updating but all in all a great place.
Pool area is nice with enough chairs etc.
Did not eat at any of the restaurants on site but from looking at room menu looks sort of pricey.
Pointe Orlando is across the street with plenty of restaurants there. Also being on International drive it's close to many restaurants.
Room was clean and bed comfy.
No problems with a/c or any of that sort of thing.
Safe and fridge in room but no microwave.
We could not get over how quiet the room was. Never heard noise from hallway or outside noise.
A high school was having prom in one of the meeting rooms and thought might get noisy in hallways but did not hear a thing. My wife enjoyed seeing all the couples in their prom clothes.
Would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Here at Rosen, we thank you much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay. We're so pleased that upon your arrival at the correct Rosen location, you still found your stay to be great. Thanks for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a conference. It was very nice. All of the staff were very nice. The front desk was extremely helpful as was the expedia rep at the concierge desk. He was very knowledgeable about the area and the restaurants and extremely helpful. The room was clean. It had a small refrigerator in it, which was nice. I ordered breakfast one day in the room and the staff member who brought it was so nice, it was a great way to start a day! There are restaurants in the hotel, and then there are many more restaurant options across the street at Pointe Orlando. It was pouring rain most of my stay, and they do not have umbrellas for guests to use, so if you don't have a car, I would recommend packing an umbrella with you. There is a gift shop in the hotel as well. Overall, this was a very nice place to stay. I did not get a chance to get out and see the city, but was told that the theme parks were about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lobby is nice, but rooms badly in need of renovation. Before I had been there half an hour, 3 employees had already been rude to me. After that first impression, I spent as little time there as humanly possible. Nicest employee I met worked in the parking lot. No one on staff ever smiled at me or even said "Hello". Really negative feeling inside this building. Quite surprised staff is allowed to treat guests like this. Booked this through blind Hotwire deal. Will never set foot in a Rosen Hotel again. Save your money.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sunnyhoneybunny

Thank you for sharing your recent stay and experience with us here at Rosen. Please accept our apologies as the care and quality of service our staff delivered is not at all the norm. Is in fact the opposite of the excellence we strive to deliver. We hope you will reconsider Rosen in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my sister, as we were visiting Disney World, Before I review the hotel, I should mention that the hotel is really near Universal (which we weren't visiting), and the Orlando conference center, but about 20 minutes from Disney. However, it was worth the drive (especially since we got a fantastic deal to stay there). The hotel is a true 4-star hotel. The room was large, clean and comfortable. It had the usual amenities - a good-sized TV, desk, free internet (a nice bonus). The pool is large and lovely, and the hot tub was pretty good - it had a waterfall in the middle which was good to stand under (like a massaging shower), but it did splash other people. The lobby bar had excellent drinks and friendly bartenders. In general, the staff was terrific - very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has a nightclub (which we didn't use as we were tired) and several restauarants. The restaurants are a bit pricey. There is a mall directly across the street with several restaurants and shops. There are also less expensive places in the area, so there is pretty much something for everyone.

Overall, this hotel is probably more oriented towards people attending conferences /business than vacationers, but it was still an excellent choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Spent two quiet days learning a program in a pleasant hotel…nice people, appealing area around the hotel to take an early morning run. The staff respected my Do Not Disturb sign. They were also quiet as they cleaned the other rooms around me. My time was well spent…in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katie R

Thank you for sharing your recent business travel experience with us here at Rosen. We are pleased we were able to accommodate your business needs and still provide a relaxing atmosphere for you.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed three nights here while attending a conference. The hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly. There is a nice variety of restaurants in the hotel, and there are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business