“Great hotel - classic, clean, spacious”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just back from a 2 week stay in the Rosen Plaza and enjoyed my stay very much. The interior is quite classic (I wouldn't say old fashioned) and it's exceptionally clean. The lobby and rooms are spacious. Staff were polite and helpful. The small shop is nice and well stocked. While we didn't eat in the hotel restaurants, there are plenty of nice places to eat on International Drive.

Regarding self car parking, I was charged $14 per day upfront. A week into my stay I went to reception to ask if this could be reduced given the length of my stay. The member of staff, a supervisor, kindly agreed to refund the entire amount saying that normally they wouldn't charge people staying for 2 weeks. I would recommend anyone else to try to negotiate on this cost, as it adds a lot to the cost of car hire.

Towards the end of my stay they started refurbishing the pathing around the pool without notice (i expect a few negative reviews might follow my own, as this upset a few guests). Personally, I wasn't too bothered as I didn't spend much time hanging around the pool.

Room Tip: I was on the 13th floor, facing the hotel entrance. No problems.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Have just returned from a seven night stay at the Rosen Plaza having recently also stayed at the nearby Rosen Centre and Peabody which are both Convention Centre hotels.
The Plaza is the smaller of the three and alot more personable with more of a holiday feel to it.
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and was dealt with promptly and efficiently at reception. I had previously emailed the hotel asking for a high floor overlooking the pool which I was given.
The room had a king size bed and was large and clean. The bathroom was also large with an over bath shower and soaps/shampoo provided. The room was very quiet and despite the hotel being busy at times the neighbours could not be heard.
The pool area was very clean and there was no problem getting a sunbed at any time of the day even when the hotel was busy with conferences and events being held. It got the sun first thing in the morning and because of its South facing direction retained sunshine all day.
The hotel has a number of restaurants which we didn't use but we did use the Lite Bite cafe facility for coffees and bagels on a morning. It wasn't cheap but was convenient.
Many on here have said that they were charged for parking. We wern't charged. I didn't ask why but assumed that it was because we were there a week.
Unlike the car parks at the Rosen Centre and Peabody the car park was convenient being only a short walk away.
If you don't have a car to get around in I noticed a bus stop directly outside the hotel heading South which I was told was very cheap.
For the holiday maker outside of the hotel and within waling distance is Point Orlando which has a good selection of restaurants, a Pub and a selection of shops including Victorias Secrets for the ladies and Hollisters.
A couple of minutes further is Millers Ale house which does good deals on alcohol and food.
The hotel is at the 'nicer' end of International Drive and only 10 to 15 minuutes drive to Disney and Universal. Seaworld is less than 5 minutes drive away.
I am a regular visitor to Orlando and will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jollyroger560
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was just got back from orlando this weekend and I must say it exceeded my expectations very clean and well kept property one of or the or if not the cleanest hotel I have stayed at I was very impressed. they are in a great location on I drive just about between universal and disney, seaworld and quatica are down the street and right across the intersection is pointe orlando along with many dinning options really close by down the street I was very pleased with the hotel and its staff. the only thing that caught me off guard was you are to pay $13 for self parking however luckily enought I was not charged for parking which made me one happy camper : ) I thought it was very nice of them and was very pleased I would gladly return

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was in town for a conference and was looking for a hotel within my budget and within walking distance of the convention center. I had stayed at the Hilton a half mile away last December, but was not willing to pay the extra $30 per night for the sake of nostalgia. The Rosen Plaza was well worth the price (about $115 per night), and my parking fees were waived ($13 per day). The pool area was spacious, the lounge and restaurant were cozy, and the location on International Drive was absolutely perfect. There is free WIFI, too. The staff is SUPER friendly...I almost didn't want to leave! I will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Parking can be a challenge in the evening hours.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CJTravelsforAll

We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A nice hotel in a great location. Charge for gated parking. The rooms are quiet - we could not hear anyone in the rooms next to us which is always a plus. This would be an ideal hotel for business travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a great time here from check-in [wish I remembered the mans name ] which was fast and hassle free. Forth floor room with pool view was excellent - we had a small fault in our room after about 10 days which meant we had to change rooms with 4 days to go..... Unfortunately we were horsed up to the 12th floor with no view of pool and with a 3 mile trip from room to elevator it seemed...I reckon the hotel must have been busy at this time. Manager was very helpful as were everybody we met..
Pool great and half price donuts after 10.30 - which was a change from making a pig of ourselves at the various buffet breakfasts on offer around the area....
Would stay here again without hesitation...Very pleased...

Room Tip: Lower floor with pool view if you have kids.....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and my family booked two adjoining rooms, a year and a half in advance, me and my partner requested a king size room, and the other room a standard twin. When we arrived we were told there were no available king size bed rooms. Even though the hotel was practically empty and when i walked past a week into our stay there were several king size rooms available. Whenever i wanted to cash a travellers cheque at the front desk i was greeted with attitude. On the 4th night they began painting our floor, we were the only guests on the whole of that floor. The smell was extreemely strong and there was an industrial sized fan outside our room all day and night, when we went down to complain they told us that we were offered a room change twice but refused, this was not the case. Then we were told if we wanted to change rooms we would have to do it immediately at 9:30pm at night! The next day we had workmen come in our rooms without asking to take apart the air conditioning units. Overall lovely hotel from the cleanliness, amenities, pool etc. But staff were rude and not helpful considering it was booked a year and a half in advance and was known it was for a special occasion my mums 50th birthday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Racheal N
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We are sorry to read about the problems you experienced with our hotel. We would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again and rebuild your confidence in our brand. If you are in the Orlando area again, please consider giving us another try.