“Super wow, friendly staff and cosy beds.”
Review of Rosen Plaza Hotel

Rosen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #63 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks in Aug.
£30 a nite who can believe it. Free parking free wifi . Luxury pool and surroundings. Room very clean and comfy. Staff who do welcome you a nice feeling. Shopping across street with some lovely eateries.
Mr Rosen thank your staff for me.
Our holiday next year booked at Rosen plaza in Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank CooperMark

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I won a 2 night stay at The Rosen Plaza in a tricky tray, so it was complimentary. The letter stated that the stay was for a double bed room. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (25 together), and so I put in a request for a king bed instead of 2 doubles. They said that the stay was supposed to be for a double, and so that was what they would honor. Then, on a second thought, the manager graciously said that she'd see what she could do, but couldn't make any promises. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the valets and bell hops, which made us feel very welcomed. When I began the check-in process, I handed her the letter, stating that I won this stay, and also reminded her that I had asked for a king bed instead of 2 doubles. She said that she couldn't do that, as the letter stated that it was for a double. Then she said, 'Oh, wait a minute -- you were already set up in a king.' I thought I was happy then... The bell hop escorted us to the room, and when we got there I literally cried! She not only gave us a king -- we received an executive king suite!!! It looked like a New York apartment!!! Absolutely breathtaking -- 14th floor -- views of Disney and Sea World, sunsets, the beautiful pool below, lakes -- I couldn't believe what a blessing I'd received! GOD bless them for this gift!!! Aside from the beautiful room, the staff was INCREDIBLE -- always pleasant and helpful. If this is how they treat someone who received this as a comp, I can't imagine how they'd treat someone who paid! I was singing their praises all the way back to New Jersey! The next time we go to Orlando -- I will immediately stay at the Rosen Plaza -- I will look no further!!! I have also told everyone I know about this experience, and so I pray it generates more business for the hotel -- they deserve it!!! :) Thank you, Rosen Plaza, for a stay we'll never forget!!! :)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I chose this hotel for its location next to the Convention Center. Next trip, I will choose it because it is a wonderful place to stay! I have no negatives about this hotel. The price was great, the room large and comfy, and staff always pleasant and eager to please. We had breakfast each morning at the buffet. The food was so plentiful and filling that we were never hungry for lunch. This is a plus as the Convention Center food is pricey! The pool and hot tub were relaxing and renewing after busy convention days. The hotel served business, singles, and family travelers with equal aplumb. The location is convenient to attractions, restaurants, bars and late night clubs. It is also close to a great set of outlet stores for shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I have just got back having stayed at the Rosen Plaza for two weeks on the 5th sept and i've got to admit that the minute we arrived the staff were so helpful. We were given a room on the 9th floor facing the pool which was great. It had an enormous bed which was very comfortable and a lovely walk in shower. We were so pleased with the room. The hotel itself had a huge lobby and plenty of places to have a meal or a snack. Yes some of the areas were pricey, but what do you expect when your in a good hotel. The pool area was extremely clean and the pool was checked daily by maintenance staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful the whole time. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Were were not charged any extra car parking fees either as previously stated in other reviews. I'm sorry, but it seems to me that the only people who are writing negative reviews are americans that are visiting for conferences which is such a shame. This hotel has everything you need for a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Thank you Rosen plaza.

Room Tip: room 951 is excellent facing pool.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had no issues at all, other than the price of beer and wine at the lobby bar (if you want to drink, Backstage is much much less expensive...) I paid $70 on a Saturday night, which was on the low side compared to other local properties.. When I checked in, the front desk person noted that we were getting there pretty late (7:45 pm.,) and based on this he comped my self parking ($13)... Check in was a breeze, but when I got to the room, I noticed that it was 2 double beds, and I thought (I was mistaken upon reviewing my confirmation email) that I had a king room. I called the front desk, no issue at all to change the room they would send the bellman up with the key.. 10 minutes later, no bellman, but the front desk person that checked me in knocked on my door, apologized for the wait, and said that the bellman was busy, so he thought that he would run the key up.... (I really did appreciate that... ). Anyway, the room was clean, bed was comfy, and we had a nice stay! I will definitely stay there again, no questions. The staff was friendly and accomodating!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you're looking for an inexpensive option near the convention center - would recommend Rosen Plaza. Yes, it's an older property and yes, it falls below what I'd call typical "resort standards," but the rooms are nice and updated. And the rate was fantastic. Parking situation is solid, nice 24-hour store with made-to-order food and a decent enough pool. There are numerous dining options directly across the street at Pointe Orlando ranging from Johnny Rockets up to Capital Grille and the complex also contains a large cinema and some shopping. Would consider again for a quick stay or if on a tight budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ellen0206
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was excited to be staying here. However, the stay was not pleasant. From the very beginning where the valets swarmed our car and told us we couldn't touch our luggage, that was their job. We were upgraded to a top floor where we were told there was a hospitality suite. However, it was $40 each time we use it. The rooms were very small and not that clean. You could tell it hadn't been vacuumed and the robe had makeup stains on it. The spa was being renovated, so it was closed. The restaurants were very pricey and the food was not worth it. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. We will be discussing your review with our staff to find ways to deliver the best service to our guests. Thank you for letting us know.