“You get waht you pay for”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #302 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The hotel is in an awsome location, however, it really need to be refurbished. Everything is old.
Cleaning is not good as well. When i arrived, there was a hair in our bathtub, and it stayed there for 6 days. That means the housekeeping team does not clean the bath as they should. Also, when I asked for a vaccumed to close some space bags, I was informed that they did not own vacummers, but, how can a room with carpets everywhere can be cleaned without a vaccum?

The breakfast area is really small and we could never seat because it was always full. On our last day there, we coukd not eat because there were no plates. They ran out of plates and someone went out to buy some, but, how long can you wait for breakfast when you have Disney World opening at 9am waiting for you?
I will not go back there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Well what can I say? I have stayed in several hotels in Orlando over the years and this has to be simply the best value hotel I have stayed in.
The positive feeling began at check in. I arrived a little early for the recommended check in time but that was no problem. The friendly receptionist conducted a smooth and efficient check in. Every member of staff I came into contact with were friendly and helpful.
My room was not the largest but it had everything I needed. The decor was looking a little dated and the bathroom needed some longer term work but it was very clean as was the rest of the room. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of toiletries and coffee available. My room was serviced every day with fresh towels and linen supplied each day, if needed. I opted for the environmental service offering only to have clean sheets and towels on request. It is nice to have this option and do a little bit for the environment.
The pool was small but clean. In fact the entire exterior was clean including the car park. There was the added bonus of having free access to the YMCA next door. I made use of the YMCA gym but could not use the pool because it was being used for training.
The location was good. Easy for access to International Drive and the I4.
An added bonus was the free breakfast. Hot and cold buffet with a varied choice of food. There were a number of eateries within walking distance.
The business centre provided free internet access and free printing. Useful even if you only plan to check in for your flight online and print off your boarding card.
I had a relaxing stay and would certainly consider staying there again. I met some really nice friendly Americans at the hotel, many of whom were there for business. Most of the fellow guests were friendly and were happy to share tips on places to visit and eat.
The International Drive area is probably one of the better areas to stay for business and leisure with easy access to both the convention centre and the theme parks.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Excellent breakfast. Desk guy we dealt with was WONDERFUL.Room was clean and comfy. We had an interior corridor room. For the money we were super pleased. It had micro-fridge...felt safe here.Its not the Ritz....but a good solid hotel value in my opinion. We have stayed here several times. Breakfast area is small and hard to get the family meal with such a crowd...but thats my only complaint.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I read the reviews before staying at the hotel, most of them sounded alright. Any positive review this hotel has it falsely wrong. I think they are confusing this Ramada with another one down I-Drive. I am sure a Motel 6 is better than this place, it should have a price tag of no more than $30 per night.
First, the appearance of the building is run down, it's actually pretty scary looking. Upon pulling in to the parking lot, I already feared the worst. The room was super small, the walls which were ONCE white were yellow, it looked like someone peed all over them. The bathroom was clean for the most part besides the floor, it looked as if no one has ever cleaned it. Good Luck trying to get a peaceful nights sleep. The air conditiong sounds like a jet engine is taking off right next to your head. It was the worse sounding noise I could ever imagine. We tried turning it off, but after 20 minutes the room turned into a 100 degrees with the smell of mold. I am pretty sure the bed had bed bugs. We both woke up all itchy and bitten and got the [--] out of that place! The pool is microscopic, you will find nobody swimming in it because the pool is GREEN and completely filled wih algae and mold. The only bright side to this hotel is the location. Do yourself a favor and stay away!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PlaneFun1
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Excellent choice it was cleaned, painted it had basic HBO wi-fi a very good breakfast area included in the price employees were courteus and willing to serve I just spend 11 days and I will repeat next year.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was looking for a cheap getaway on my birthday, so we decided to use priceline.com to make our booking. We ended up getting this hotel for $23/night. (Not bad at all).

We got to our hotel and the location was very nice. Right in the heart of International Drive, many restaurants in the area, and across the street from Ripley's Believe It or Not.

The hotel did offer room service and a pool - Room Service was provided by Uno's Pizza across the street and the pool was offsite at the YMCA.

The hotel also offered free hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, etc) every morning, as well as, Free Wi-Fi Internet access.

Those amenities were the highlights, now on to what I didn't like:
The rooms are old and somewhat dirty. I am not too picky on hotels; however, I would expect the rooms be cleaner than this. The room had the older style popcorn ceilings. In the corners and along the wall areas of the ceiling, there was tons black stuff (not sure if dust or mold) the room smelled very musty. Also, the floors looked like they have never been clean. I would recommend wearing sandals or shoes while in the room. The shower head also had mildew all over it.

There was a fridge and a microwave in the room, which was nice, but everything else about the room wasn't.

The only benefit to our entire stay here was the free wi-fi, which we used to book a different hotel for the rest of the trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubadrew0716
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My husband and I were surprised about the hotel's great location. There are plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance and amusement parks are nearby. The staff at the front desk was always friendly and helpful. Even though, the rooms are a little small and old, they are clean, quiet and have a microwave and a small fridge - very convinient =) - . The hotel also offers complementary breakfast, which definitely saves you money and time! . Did I mention Wi-Fi and parking are FREE? . Oh, and we never saw a single bug in our room...
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to other couples and families!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple