“Friendly, curteous, and a fun time!”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #301 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 14, 2010

The location is in a great place, lots of shopping and other attractions. The service is great. Front desk personnel are very helpful and friendly. Thomas was curteous, friendly, and very attentive to our needs of finding our next destination! He did not hesitate to answer are questions and was very eager to help.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Traveled with my wife, 9 yr old daughter and cousin-in-law. We arrived at Orlando quite late from our connecting flight (past 10pm).

Rented a van and got lost on our way to the hotel. Called to ask for directions, and Eduardo, if I'm not mistaken, who was on duty at that time, stayed on the line as he guided us along the way.

We were given a room on the 3rd floor right next to the Emergency Exit and guests who would go out to smoke bothered me a bit because they would hold to the exit door allowing the smoke to get in the hallway.

The bathroom definitely needs a little re-furbishing but otherwise okay. Room cleaning was satisfactory. And the housekeeping staff was friendly.

We liked the hot breakfast, although it could get a little crowded sometimes. I would also suggest a little more variety similar to the Ramada Convention Center, San Diego where I stayed for a business trip last February.

Special thanks to Sara over at the front desk who was very generous in giving me stuff that I needed while in the internet center. Oh and speaking of internet, please take note that there is no Wi-Fi signal in the rooms even if the hotel staff insist that there is. Sure hope management does something about that too.

All in all, our stay was quite memorable. We would have stayed another day had it not been due to time constraint.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

A very nice hotel for a good price. The breakfast was top class and saved time for other things in your day. The staff was great. Thomas was especially helpful.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Really pleasant stay. Rooms were clean, tidy and spacious. Good facilities, nice pool, access to really nice gym next door. Staff were very friendly and helpful, Thomas helped me with the gym and with looking after my luggage, very nice guy. Also in a good location, easy access to the shuttles, and walking distance to the International Drive eating places.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We have a large family (six kids in all). We wanted this this be a fun, but affordable, trip. The Ramada Inn Convention on I-Drive, was a clean affordable hotel and Thomas was very friendly. Attractions were close, and the hotel even provided a decent hot/continental breakfast. A microwave, fridge, coffee pot, and mini freezer sealed the deal! We were able to save some more money on meals by having lunch meat and sandwich's in the room!

Reviewed May 4, 2010

It´s going to be my third time at Ramada I-drive and I really love to stay there.They have very friendy people to help you for anything, like Thomas Samborski who was always very nice and helpful to me and my family. Also they have very clean and organized bedrooms and the location is excellent to go to all the parks. I really recommend this hotel for families and anyone who wants to have a good stay.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

Walked in to the lobby - set luggage down and checked in - walked to the room - realized that our laptop case was not with us - went back to the lobby confused because all of our luggage was together while checking in - Brand new laptop had been stolen. Questioned the desk clerk (very nervous) - contacted police dept.
Now I have a Police Report and no laptop. Since I had left the lobby and went to my room I feel I am partially responsible, even though I think it was stolen while I was checking in. Back to the room - sleep - woke up by concrete workers at 7:30 am bursting concrete outside my door. The room was filled with concrete dust coming through the door. Checked out and moved to LaQuinta....much better!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
ramada17833, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

Hello Sir, I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. The early work performed by the concrete crew was completely unacceptable and they were fired from the job that day. I had a new crew come in and complete the work in a more accomodating manner. I also initiated contact with the OTA that you had booked through so that you should have been compensated for that night's accomodations by them.