“Good times”

Ranked #291 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

went to howl at the moon and stayed at the Ramada across the street. Hotel manager Maria Carney was very helpful during our stay. She resolved the issue with our very quick. She also shared with us the sites and night life with us which made our stay a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for writing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff was able to assist you. We have new management and are working hard to improve our service and product. Please visit us again on your next trip to Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Attended the Harry Potter weekend special. It was delightful with my stay at the Ramada due to friendly staff. Was so pleased to have the opportunity to have meet Maria Carney the general manager she was so helpful in making our memories ever lasting. Thanks Maria

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing. I am glad you were able to benefit from our partnership with Universal Studios. We have new management and are working hard to improve our service and product. Please visit us again on your next trip to Orlando.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

After first night of having to plug in rooms lamps, no upgraded electronic connections, dirty floors, crowded dining facility and limited and gross breakfast, I didn't think it could get worse...second night. Lamps would not turn on at all after getting back from being at the parks all day. We decided to have a simple dinner and go to sleep early...no lights in room, remember? So we, including kids are just dozing off and they start vacuuming the hall outside our door. It's not extremely late, but 830 is too late to be running a vacuum!!! I call down to the front desk and they tell me this is his normal duties at this time? What? No lights in room, crappy breakfast, dirty bathroom floor, no room to eat in dining area, electronics circa 1990....Ramada, this is your standard? Come on! When I hear Ramada, I think of a superior level of everything...this place is just sad and I should have read the other reviews! I am surprised Universal Studios allows their name to be affiliated with this standard!!!

• Stayed January 2014
I am sorry that we did not meet your needs. We just got new management and are working hard to improve our product and service. I have printed your review and will discuss each point with our managers and staff. I am certain there are several issues that can be easily corrected and we will do so.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Inverness, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The whole stay elevator was broken the pool is not heated, air conditionar would not cool us down food was watery the front desk people were not friendly i had called a few day in advance and was told one thing and arrived at the hotel and was told another we were in a non smoking room and could smell the smoke a few doors away, had people sitting in the canopys downstairs and they were screaming on the first nite so we did not sleep the whole nite complained to desk they did nothing

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello Extreme instances. Please contact me directly so that I can understand the dates and room you were in when you were here. I know that we had and elevator problem that OTIS elevator was working on for a couple of days. That was unfortunately, out of our control to rectify any quicker. And it is true that our pool is not heated. If you read differently anywhere, I need to know where so that I can have it corrected. However, I would like to know what the one thing you were told when you called in advance that wound up to not be the case when you got here. I am hopeful that if I can find out when you were here and what room you were in, I can resolve many of the issues you had while you were here. So, Please contact me directly. I have just taken over as manager of this hotel and really want to resolve these types of issues while our guests are still here, with the hopes that as I work with the staff over time, many of the issues will no longer occur for future guests.
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Couldn't access wi-fi...kids playing games on guest computer...posted hours of breakfast 6-10...
at 9:20am, attendant I couldn't communicate with (I speak English) informed me "no mas food"...there wasn't even milk for coffee...I complained to Manager...20 minutes later...food appeared...elevator was broken, but only posted as inoperable in lobby...after waiting 5 minutes for elevator, we dragged our luggage down from 3rd floor...i thought I was in a third world country,
where the only thing I got after payment was the key...

Room Tip: Room was sour smelling...like wet towels had been in room for days
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Bill, I am sorry for your miserable stay at our Ramada. I would not have enjoyed that visit either. We are under new management and are trying hard to improve our product and out service. Our location is great and we want our guests' experiences to be great too... Unfortunately, the elevator was out of service for a period of time and notices should have put on each floor. I am not sure what happened with the breakfast food, as at any given time we have enough on hand for two or three days. I am glad that was resolved while you were here. I would like to know more about your room. Please contact the hotel directly or send an email so that I can find out which room you had and we can make any necessary fixes.