“Bad Hotel”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #301 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is very dirty. I could not take a shower and I was afraid I was going to get sick. The ice machines are not working and there are roaches in the room. The health department should inspect this hotel. I will not stay in this hotel ever again and with the price I paid I could stay at 4 stars hotel.

3  Thank MAMOON M

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 57Surfer
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

1  Thank CINDY L
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Ramada Convention Center I-Drive is a nice modest hotel. There is free parking, a real free hot breakfast (sausage patties, bacon strips, scrambled eggs, etc.) We went to Universal Studios Saturday night and Sunday morning, so the location was about 5 miles away which was easy to find and convenient. The hotel is somewhat old but was clean and quite comfortable. The rooms had a microwave and small fridge. The WI-FI worked just fine. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy this time of year. We asked for extra pillows and towels and was quickly accommodated.

The hotel is located just off the main drag for International Blvd. There were many restaurants within walking distance to choose from for fine dining or take out. There were also gift shops and other tourist traps nearby. This is the off-season, so the hotel website offered a wholesale rate that made the choice a good one for me and my family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for recommending the Ramada Convention Center/ International Drive Orlando. I enjoyed reading your review and love the part about the ‘staff, amenities and experiences offered made this a top notch stay for your family’. Our team strives to exceed expectations and feedback like yours proves that our ‘top notch staff who never failed to provide excellent customer service’ hit their mark. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ramada Orlando.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here with a friend over the holidays at the end of December to January. It is certainly in an ideal location to go out to many of the local restaurants, bars and attractions. There is no shuttle service to Universal or Disney which is available at many of the other hotels. Hot breakfast is your typical scrambled eggs, sausage patties, muffins, beagles, cereal, coffee, juice, ect.
We were first quoted a very high price for our room, but contacted expedia.ca and got the same room for $50 less then told by front desk. We got to our room and I noticed the carpet outside the washroom was wet, but nothing inside the washroom was. I put a towel down in order to walk on dry carpet that was directly beside my bed. In the morning I found the wet spot had grown larger and the towel was completely saturated with water, so we advised the front desk on our way out to the parks. Upon returning late in the afternoon, there was an industrial fan blowing on the wet spot and the most disgusting odor I have ever smelt; it smelt like feces and mold. Also, the wet spot was only dry where the fan was blowing. I advised front desk who knew what room we had checked into, so clearly they were aware of a problem with water leaking from somewhere. We dealt with a different employee who provided us with a new room. I'm not one to fuss for discounts or anything so we just took it and left the other room. the other room was fine aside from having a phone that did not function.
The rooms are very dated and run down. They are in need of major upgrades from appliances, bedding, paint, ect. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel room 312 from the 20th of Dec to the 23rd of december.
On checking in we reported that the WiFi did not work even though it said it was connected. Reception at first said it was possibly a problem with my computer. On being told that we had a laptop, Iphones and Ipad and they all would not connect, they said that they would call a technican the next day. The next day they reported that it was fixed (no sign of a technician) but it still did not work. They then said that they were trying to fix it !. It never worked during our stay.
We ended up using the "business centre" - a computer in the corner of the reception labeled business centre.
We found the sofa in the room with a big tear on arrival, which we got them to replace.
We found no toilet exhaust fan in the toilet.
The airconditioning to the front room of the suite was from a wall mounted exhaust fan from the bedroom.
On finding one bath towel in the room, we requested two more from reception as we had a total of 3 guests. We were told by Carlos M. the night manager to come down to collect the missing towels. He was almost, but not quite, to the point of being abusive!. There is obviously no room service.
Breakfast- you are given paper cups of waffell mix and told to make it yourself on the waffel maker (so sorry about it!)

Breakfast- Sometimes standing room only.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family