“A good experience”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #302 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hotel is clean, staff very helpful, breakfast above average includes waffles scrambled eggs and sausage. Area of hotel is great, really looks safe. Dining options are minutes away.

Would definitely be on my list of hotels to repeat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here while attending the PRI show at the convention center. We booked three rooms for our group. It was close and reasonably priced, continental breakfast was average, room OK. They had issues with the room key systems. When we checked in we were back and forth to the desk three times, they kept giving us keys to occupied rooms! When we finally got into an empty room the refrigerator still had food in it and the coffee pot had never been emptied or cleaned. Over the next few days we had to make several trips to the desk because our keys wouldn't work in one or all of our rooms. We've stayed here several times for the same show in the past without issue but this hotel is really getting run down and poorly managed. We won't use them again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chartrumb
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel was in a good location for us to visit the largest McDonalds and the next day travel to our Disney Resort, however, the room was not very clean. My son wrote "clean me" on the full length mirror! Hopefully it happened.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank DANIEL G
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ramada Inn is a traditional Florida motel. It looks a bit tired, but was clean. WiFi is for free, and it worked in my room.
Stayed there during a convention and didn't spend much time in my room, which was quiet with a comfortable bed.
Breakfast is pretty basic and served in a small room next to the lobby. Nothing too exciting, but it's there. Staff was friendly without going out of their way to please you.
The best feature of this motel is the location - within walking distance of many restaurants and diners on International Drive, including Walgreens and souvenir shops. Walk to the Convention Centre is about 30 minutes - and a pleasant way to start the day.
Considering the price I think Ramada Inn is a good deal, and I would come back for a comfortable bed, a clean room and a good location

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I waited until I returned home to write the review I wanted to do the first night, hoping things would have gotten better during my ten day stay.

I expected so much better from a Ramada Inn especially one recommended by the well known convention I attended. The best I can say is that I had a place to sleep.

On arrival, I was asked if I had a "special deal" as the computer was showing my ten day stay being free. Sadly, no and the clerk finally got the system to update.

It took a few minutes to figure out the odd layout and room numbering to find my room.

Arriving at my room, the key unlatched the door, but the door wouldn't budge so I carried my luggage back to the lobby and received another room.

I next noted that I could not get Internet access and a call to the desk sent me to an automated tech support system somewhere in the world. 15 minutes took me through three checks that I knew we're not the problem which was an issue with the hotel, not my computer. I finally found ONE weak access port that gave me unreliable Internet access. (Out of about four possible.)

Wanting a soda, I found that neither the Coke nor Pepsi machine nor the ice maker worked. NONE of these issues were resolved in ten days.

They did have a modest selection for a free breakfast, however the area was small and the toaster and waffle maker could not support the number of people waiting.

The best I can say is the the rate was reasonable. If all you need is a place to sleep, the hotel will do.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Darkrides
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I came here for a convention. Prices in the area were quite high, especially at hotels participating in the convention deal. This Ramada did not participate, so their prices werelow. Fortunately, the La Quinta next door participated, so the convention offered free shuttle service form curb next door. How convenient. This is not a fancy hotel by any means, but it is certainly clean enough and safe. Room was your standard 2-star hotel room, nothing remarkable either positive or negative. I forgot my iPhone charger, and they let me borrow one from the reception for the entire duration of my stay. That was a nice touch. Housekeeping remarked that my bath tub drained slowly, and took the initiative to call maintenance, who came quickly and fixed it. Nice attention to detail. Breakfast was severely overcrowded every single day. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear that we satisfied your need for a truly distinctive stay. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

the room itself was very clean. the bathroom could have been cleaner. needs new shower curtains
beds are decent, air conditioner was decent. we forgot our charger...staff was nice enough to offer us their own cell phone charger when we asked if they could help us.. really friendly.

although upon checkout i was charged for an extra day... but i quickly resolved the issue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple