“Gross- Please Avoid”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #302 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have only been disgusted enough to write one other review, ever. We usually just pick a cheap place and live with it when we do little weekend trips. This motel was absolutely putrid. I usually don't put much stock into these bad reviews because I feel people are hard to please. Don't make my mistake! The staff was courteous and the location is amazing, but beware! The room was small and stuffed with a chair, desk, fridge, microwave, bed, two nightstands, an ottoman for the chair, and a table and dresser. I could barely walk around. The door did not close all the way. An entire chunk of wall, 4x4, was missing next to the bottom of the a/c... Exposing rot and mold. The curtains didn't cover the entire window so anyone outside could easily look in. The a/c was busted. It stayed on, at the coldest setting, all night. The knobs were broken off and the on/off had been disabled. There were exposed wires all around it. The bathroom was clean, but the water pressure was not up to par. The toilet was hard to flush. The floor was SOAKING wet all over the room and it smelled HORRIBLE. I laid down towels to walk along a path. The tv channels were mislabeled. The free Internet didn't connect and when it did it would only go to their homepage. The alarm clock didn't work. It was the single worst motel I can imagine that doesn't involve chalk outlines. We only stayed because it was midnight and we were exhausted from the Halloween event at Universal. We paid less to stay here than for my husband and I to buy two tickets to a movie....through a dsicount booking site...and that was still waaaaay too much.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stefhess
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business.We apologize that your recent stay was less than perfect.as per your feddback We have rectify the issues by taking appropriate measures. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations and we hope to see you in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The employees are extremely courteous and kind. The hotel was a wonderful location for the event we were attending. The rooms is spacious and looks clean but it had a rancid smell of rotting animal. The manager was kind enough to change rooms. The new room smelled better but the rug was soaking wet. We stay in hotels frequently because our children are in traveling teams. I spoke with other guests and they also complained of the odor. We were supposed to stay two nights but decided to leave after one. Please fix the odor problem. Its a shame because every other aspect the hotel and staff are nice. But the odor will definitely keep people away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Perzid I, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I wished you would have brought these issues you experienced to my attention personally so I could have made an effort to resolve them. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I'm not a professional reviewer and I'm not a hotel conisuer so I'm not that critical of places I stay. I use a hotel for little more than a place to sleep and shower and they met my need just fine. The overall experience was satisfactory enough for me that this is my second stay at this hotel. If I return to the area I will stay there again if at all possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and positive feedback about your stay. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and your room was perfect. I will give kudos to my team for making your stay a memorable one. Overall it is a pleasure to see that our hotel made your stay comfortable and we welcome you back anytime! We hope that Ramada Convention Center on International Drive will be your only choice if you ever need a place to stay while in Orlando!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Worse hotel I have ever booked. Arrived there and asked to be checked out. Reception staff was friendly and polite but the rooms were awful: smelly, moldy, dirty, small, old, you name it, everything you try and avoid when staying in hotels was there. I could understand if they were charging $50 a night but not at current rates, this is a very old and smelly roadside motel.

Room Tip: Don't do it and book yourself somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave a comment on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are set to do our regular Preventive Maintenance on each room which includes deep cleaning. I suggest letting the general manager know of your issues/concerns immediately when happens. If you would like to discuss this further or have additional feedback, please reach out to me. Thank you!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

1st off your in a motel not a hotel. I booked thru travelocity for 1 night for $23.00 so I cant Bit#$ about the price, but the first room I was given smelled so bad of mildew, so we moved to another room at least this didnt have a mildew smell, but it was a dump. The art on the wall was gone showing about 25 screw holes, the room had so much furiture in it we could barely move, the caulking in the shower was peeling off....EVERYTHING out dated, tv, beds.....when we booked thru the web site it said this was a 3 star HOTEL,,,, 2 STAR MOTEL AT BEST

Room Tip: I have found tha most the time in Orlando 3 star means 2 star, and 4 stars are 3 stars most the time...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eric t
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am scheduled to arrive today at this Ramada location and already having 2nd opinions of the place.
Booked through hotwire (won't ever do that again) for a very reasonable price. Called the location to possibly request a double bed inside room. Was advised there would be an additional $20 fee per request. Staff member was not pleasant and very short. I hope once I arrive later today, thus story will change and end up with a positive ending. More to come.....

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank gg s
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The room was dirty, and the bed skirt had mold on iit, I had the maid remove it, and it was never replaced.
The air condition make so much noise, it was hard to get a good nights sleep.
The bathroom and the sink area was never cleaned by house keeping. The dust on the
lamp shades was thick about 1/4 inch.
When it rained the tables outside were never dried off, the guest had to dry them off.
The only good thing was the man who made the food for breakfast, he did a good job.
They also entered my room without asking me,or informing me that they were going to
put a piece of furniture in there. I was not in the room when this was being done and my
permission was not givien nor was it asked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Sir,

We are extremely sorry that your stay was less then perfect with us. We are making the necessary changes to address the issues that you had experience. We sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. General Manager