“Good room for a great price”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #299 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Round Lake, IL
“Good room for a great price”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I got a great deal while booking this hotel and didnt think twice before booking it. At the the price i got the room for i wasnt expecting much, BUt i was pleasantly surprised by the room and the cleanliness in general. Had no problems in the stay, it was comfortable and clean, the breakfats was great and staff courteous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
FLORIDA
Reviewed July 1, 2012

YUCKY!
A/C made noise. Came to room late and when I woke up and I GOT SICK INSIDE. TERRIBLE. This place should be reported to the health dept.

Room Tip: Run don't walk away!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I experienced seven perfect days/nights at this excellent hotel. The location was off International Drive in a grove of oak trees on a quiet street. It was a short, safe, and enjoyable shaded walk to International Drive and the nearest Trolley and Public Bus stops. The staff were all cheerful and service oriented. The Continental Breakfast was more than just pastry. There was waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt, jucies, a variety of breads, pastries and cereals. The coffee was abundant and delicious. Staff kept the breakfast area very neat and well stocked. The room was very clean and colorfully decoraged. It was quiet and peaceful and the bed was comfortable. There was a large fridge and a great microwave that popped perfect popcorn without scorching. My only regret was that I could not stay longer. I will be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Wanda M
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed 3 nights. Every staff person I interacted with was extremely friendly and cheerful. I specially thank the staff who works in the continental breakfast. They were welcoming and helpful and worked non stop to keep the area neat, clean and well stocked. Housekeeping was very caring on my special requests and kept the room VERY CLEAN. I wish I could have stay longer, The location was perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Katherine K
Alabama
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had reservations for a double roomn and arrived only to be told another party had extended and we could only receive a king room. That doesn't help much when I'm a mother traveling with a 24-year-old son. What good is a reservation guaranteed wtih a credit card and a confirmation # if it is not honored. That was strike one. I decided since it was late to maybe give my son the bed and request a roll-away bed. We arrived to the room and it was horrible! There was a cobweb hanging from the ceiling right inside the door. The walls were cracked and paint peeling. There was hair in the bathtub and the sink. My son pulled the bedsheets back and there was hair on the sheets. I cannot even begin to describe the carpet, but I can say my outdoor rugs that my dogs lay on are cleaner than the carpeting. The room was small, so there would not have been enough room for a roll-away bed. We felt "dirty" in that room. We promptly left to locate another hotel. The pictures show a bright cheerful room, but the room we were assigned was anything but that. In reading the reviews, it seems some people have lucked up and gotten clean rooms with their reservations honored. I also note where management says they are remodeling. I saw no signs of any remodeling going on anywhere on the premises. Another lady was at the desk while we were there complaining of basically the same issues as we were, so I don't think we were unlucky and got the one bad room that hadn't been remodeled yet. I can't say how the beds were or anything else because we didn't even sit on the bed. The hotel is located right next to I-4 and it was noisy. The room also smelled bad - like urine or something, I'm not sure.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Whizzz46
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I guess I'm kind of a hotel snob which is why this place disappointed me. I actually got this hotel on Priceline for $60/night. It was worth about that I suppose but I've had nicer hotels for the same price. The room was clean but very very small and it smelt like cheap weed and beer. It's right next to the interstate so all you hear all night is interstate noise. The hotel room we booked was for four people for just one night and the room was way to small for all four people. Two people yes, four people, no.
The toilet clogged the morning we got ready to leave and it took three calls to get it fixed. I even walked to the front desk and asked for a plunger and they said they'd send someone up. The breakfast was good. Hot sausage, eggs, waffles, and various danishes and juices.
Overall this place might be good for a one night stay, but anything longer than that I don't think I do. The location (other than being next to the interstate) is great. You can walk to anything you want. Restaurants, Walgreens, grocery stores, etc. There are nicer hotels in Orlando for the same price. If you want something cheap for one night, go for it, any longer, look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Perzid I, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for your comments. Since your last visit we have upgraded our rooms with new furniture and carpet. In regards to the long wait for our staff, we have informed the staff member responsible of that department how has addressed the issue.Thank you for staying with us.

Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We only stayed here for one night but I wish it had been longer, we arrived and checkin was a breeze, really friendly staff who told us where the elevator, ice machine and room was. room was a little dated but clean and comfortable which is all that is required, we were a little worried on reading some other reviews but had no problems. Breakfast is compimentary and included, choice of cereals, baked goods, make your own waffles and sausage patties and eggs, extemely filling. fast checkout again with another very helpful receptionist. Location is fine, it does back onto I-4 but we didnt have any issues with noise. I would recommend this hotel if you want a clean, reasonably priced hotel with breakfast, there is a pool but with all the attractions of the area we didnt have time for this. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms do back on to the insterstate so if you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for one at t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank rickwal
Dear Sir or Madame,

We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our staff members. Since your visit we have made several positive changes to serve you even better. We hope to see you again soon to experience our fantastic service. General Manager