“Wow - more than what we wanted”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #300 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We only stayed here for one night but I wish it had been longer, we arrived and checkin was a breeze, really friendly staff who told us where the elevator, ice machine and room was. room was a little dated but clean and comfortable which is all that is required, we were a little worried on reading some other reviews but had no problems. Breakfast is compimentary and included, choice of cereals, baked goods, make your own waffles and sausage patties and eggs, extemely filling. fast checkout again with another very helpful receptionist. Location is fine, it does back onto I-4 but we didnt have any issues with noise. I would recommend this hotel if you want a clean, reasonably priced hotel with breakfast, there is a pool but with all the attractions of the area we didnt have time for this. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms do back on to the insterstate so if you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for one at t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank rickwal
Perzid I, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Sir or Madame,

We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our staff members. Since your visit we have made several positive changes to serve you even better. We hope to see you again soon to experience our fantastic service. General Manager

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Looks okay from the outside but once you get into the rooms you will see how run down this hotel really is. They have major moisture damage problems which they haven't fixed, which is guaranteed to cause some health issues for anyone with sensitivity to mold. If you have to stay there, stay on the 1st floor, since the roof damage is on the 2nd floor. They try to cover up the damage with chemical cleaners, which only worsens the problem. Breakfast is decent and wi-fi & parking were free.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd floor (moisture damage & mold)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C T
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Sir or Madame,

I'd like to personally apologize for your unpleasant stay at our property here is Orlando, FL. If there was any hint of these problems brought up to management, it would have been a #1 priority to rectify the situation. The property has had no reported problems with damage from humidity and mold until I read this review. A certified and safe solutions are used to clean our rooms from a nationally know company and so they are safe for our guest. Further investigation will be done to make sure our building remains free of humidity and mold. This particular hotel and it's friendly staff strive for customer satisfaction and will continue to do what is needed to ensure these problems are not repeated.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I purchased a room for 5 nights through Orbitz. I paid $400.55 in December of 2011.
When I arrived on March 31st there were no rooms. I worked in the convention center,
and could not stay in the resort from the 1970 area since I did not need or have a rental car. The Ramada is in walking distance from the convention center. I stayed at a different hotel which cost twice as much and lost the $400.55 I prepaid. The GM could not be reached.

Room Tip: Do not prepay any amount, I was not the only one this happened to
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kaspar W

Dear Sir,

As we had a convention in town there were no rooms available within 50 miles of the hotel. Due to some unexpected circumstances, we had to walk few of our guest to the Resort close by and for that we had made arrangements for transportation. We had also arranged for the transportation from the resort to the Convention Center without any cost to our guest. The hotel we walked to was a resort and we paid much higher price for those rooms without any charge to our guest as again we understand that it was due to some unexpected circumstances that we had to walk our guest and should not be any charge to them. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to reach me as I was out of town for our Brand's annual meeting. I again apologize and understand that you were upset as you were relocated but I must assure you that this is not our usual self at the Ramada and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

rooms are nice,pool is sufficient,view is nice on both sides,breakfast is a little busy,if you're down thier after 8.30am,i found after 3 mornings it was time for all you can eat just for a change,didn't really have any issues,we were gone most of day,room was cleaned,staff were helpful,right on idrive,walking distance to wet/wild,also a fun park just of parking lot,nice go-cart spot,3 levels real nice,also one other on pavement,slingshot was nice to watch,overall great time at ramada,would stay again if needed.

Room Tip: higher you get better the view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Hello Sir or Madame,

We thank you for your comments and glad that you liked our hotel. We try to offer a clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon. Thank you. General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hotel is in a convenient location on I-Drive where you can go on the trolley. Check-in and check-out took about 3 minutes and the personnel were courteous. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine and king sized bed. Bathroom was very clean and the king bed was really comfortable. The continental breakfast area was small was the personnel (Aksana) was extremely helpful. Air conditioner was a late model but it got the job done. Would go again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Sir or Madame,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We at the Ramada do make an extra effort to offer great prices for our guest and offer all the amenities that other hotels do for much higher price. I thank you for your comment and would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you. General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2012

very old room and is not a 2 + rating. The only good thing is location

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for your comment. I must bring to your attention that we are in the process of upgrading our hotel and we do realize that it needed it. We have made several changes like replace televisions with new Sony televisions, replaced bedding package, replaced air conditions, repaved the parking lot and many other changes. Upon your next visit I am sure that you will be impressed by what we have done. I thank you again for your comments. General Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I got this on a well known travel site who gave it a 2.5 star rating. Not even close. I would give it one star at best. It is run down and dated. I was really annoyed Priceline even had it on their web site as a 2.5 star. Did not even stay and had to fight to get my money back.

Room Tip: The hotel is run down and I did not stay so can not advise
Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Sir or Madame,

We are sorry that you feel this way about our hotel but I must bring to your attention that, we have just recently done some upgrades like replaced televisions, new bedding package, repaved the parking lot, changed air conditioning units and are still making changes. We apologize and hope that you will return to see the changes that we have made and to change your opinion about our hotel. General Manager