“Okay for a nights sleep”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #291 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Palm Beach, Florida
“Okay for a nights sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is an old hotel that they recently painted over the rust and old walls. They also replace the mattesses with serta pillow-tops making a nice night sleep. The hot breakfast is nice with waffles, scambled eggs, sausage, and cereal. Pass on the coffee! The staff was nice and for the cheap price it was good for a nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed at the hotel from Nov 1 to 5 while attending a convention. Not the Ritz but a great hotel. Some notable comments are: beds and pillows super comfortable, breakfast was amazing with a huge variety, hotel very clean but needs a paint job and new carpets in the rooms, check in and customer service was fantastic ( we were 22 people). All in all it was a great stay for all of us. Would definitely stay there again !

• Stayed November 2011
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I just returned from a 5 day business conference in Orlando and had the pleasure of staying at this Ramada. I booked my trip through travelocity and paid less than $425 for 4 nights and airfare on Virgin, so let's just say I had a very good deal. Considering I would be at the conference all day long and at different events in the evening I was just looking for a clean and confortable place to lay my head and to shower and get ready in the morning.

This hotel is older, yes. No frills for sure. But it was immaculate. Check in was quick and easy. When we had a small complaint about our first room we were moved IMMEDIATELY. I asked for little extras like more tea in my room, and each morning this was complied with. Our room was spotless and our bedding was clean and bed and pillows comfy. Our room was cool and our lights all worked. There were no bugs.

Breakfast was plentiful and more than one needed. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, milk. Each day we took a muffin or apple to eat at the conference and filled up enough on breakfast to keep us satisfied until evening.

Now on to the staff, everyone from check in to us leaving was kind and responsive. We needed a late check out and were given one without question. They let us keep our luggage in storage until our flight in the evening. Car services were procured with kind and courteous drivers in lovely town cars for the same cost as a taxi and they were always early yet waited for us without rushing or complaint. Sara at the front desk went above and beyond for 2 guests who probably paid less than $20 a night to keep us satisfied and also help us have a good time. Winston kept our room neat and Orlando had a great sense of humor. These people appear to enjoy what they do and made me enjoy my trip.

If I was to return, even if I had the option to stay elsewhere or in a higher rated hotel, I would likely still choose to come here as I had such a positive experience. I tend to overlook a small carpet stain or a chip in a dresser if I paid next to nothing and my stay had no bumps along the way.

Kudos to you Ramada Conv. I Drive, you do service the way it should be done!

Michelle Krehl

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MissMichellerenee
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

The hotel was extremely clean. The staff was excellent! It was a very enjoyable stay! The breakfast was the best tasting breakfast in Orlando. This was the best stay I had in Orlando!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Just have to say that I have been to Ramada all over the country as I travel thirty weeks out of the year on business and I made it my choice also for my family vacation but this one exceeded my expectations. Staff was great. Greeted us with a smile and knew me by name everytime when they saw me. Just a wonderful place to be. My wife and kids took advantage of the pool and the water was crystal clear. I just have nothing but good to say about how me and my family were treated.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
miami, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Just stayed here this weekend for one night and just needed a place to crash after going to Halloween Horror Nights. I wanted something cheap and had free breakfast. So thanks to Hotwire I got this hotel for $40 for the night and it served it purpose to shower, sleep, eat breakfast and then go. Yea the hotel is simple, who cares about the furniture, its not your home, its a hotel. The ac was cold, the beds were comfy and the shower had hot water, what else do you want?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank djvyrus69
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comment and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I must bring to your attention that we are remodeling the hotel to make it even better for the convenience of our guest. We will be glad to see you and accomodate you for your future hotel needs. We thank you very much for your comments.

Greenville, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel was booked through Priceline for $24. The furniture in the guest room was old and worn out. This hotel was decent back in 1995. I would recommend this hotel only as a value stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jvero
RamadaCCIDGM, Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments. We are in the process of remodeling the hotel. You will be delighted to know that we have already changed the Bedding package, televisions, air conditions and the carpets in rooms as well as the hallways and are in the process of the doing some more renovations such as redoing the guest bathrooms as well as the landscaping and the exterior paint. Hope you will make future reservations with us to see the work that we have done to remodel the Hotel. We the staff of the Ramada Convention Center thank you for your comment and consideration. General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels