“Fantastic stay & loved the freebies”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #291 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, FL
“Fantastic stay & loved the freebies”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here with an 11yo & 9yo for our Universal Island of Adventure trip for 3 nights. We loved the cleanliness of our room, bathroom, and refridgerator. The pool could have been a little cleaner but that may have been from some unattended children leaving litter about. The breakfast buffet was delicious each day, lots of fruits, pastry, cereals, oj, apple juice, milk, coffee, waffle maker(2, scrambled eggs, sausage, peanut butter, needed more varieties of jelly. The attendant kept the area cleaned, the dining area seems small if people keep their luggage in the area, but if they leave it in their rooms or cars, then the area is spacious & you're able to move about without bumping into anyone. Our stay here was quiet, a/c worked fantastic. We took advantage of the free passes to the YMCA (leave picture ID card at hotel desk) for passes. Several pools, fitness room, racquetball courts available. No wifi at the YMCA but the hotel has wifi access. Our room was refreshed every day with clean towels,coffee, and toiletries. There was no need to ask for anything. I would stay here again. It was only 2miles from the park, within walking distance to several restaurants and shopping stores. We had an interior door room, close to the stairway but still very quiet.

Room Tip: I booked online 2 weeks in advance.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for your choosing the Ramada Convention Center. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and hope that you will return again in the near future if in the area. Please do call us and will be gald to make the reservations for you. Thanks Again. Perzid Ichhaporia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place was more like a pay-by-the-hour motel. It wreaked of mildrew, the bedding and towels were stained and old, the furniture was falling apart, the ceiling was black, ad the a/c unit was caked with dust. Don't waist your money on the joke of a hotel.

Room Tip: READ REVIEWS!!!!...I can't stress this enough.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank VickiMon
I am sorry that you feel this way about our hotel but I must inform you that we just replaced new bedding package and replaced all airconditions and have purchased all new linens. We also have brand new carpet in the hallways and the rooms. On the maintainance side we regularly do preventive maintainance and take great pride in upkeep of the hotel. I again apologize that your stay was less satisfying and please give me a call when you return so that you can see the changes that we have made and change your opinion about our hotel. I thank you very much for your feedback and hope you will give us another chance. Perzid Ichhaporia General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Just stayed here for three days. Went to local attractions and had a great time. The hotel has a wonderful location. Near lots of good restaurants. Easy access to Sea World and Universal. Disney is just a jot down the freeway. Also near Mall of Millenia. The room was acceptable to me. Comfortable bed. The sheet was torn on the first night (small tear in the corner) and was not torn on the second night. Good sign they actually change the sheets. Cleaned room daily without any problem. Decent TV channels to pick from. There were two palmetto bugs which I squashed with a flip flop -but that's what you get in Florida no matter where you stay. The pool looked small and unappealing. We didn't use it. I was miffed that they have two Coke machines and neither worked. Breakfast was wonderful. I heard some dude sitting behind me complaining about the selection. He's nuts. Let's run down the list of what they offer for breakfast: Scrambled eggs, super yummy sausage patties, fresh hot make your own waffles, apple juice, orange juice, milk, coffee, four kinds of cold cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, danish, bagels with cream cheese, fruit, jelly, maple syrup, butter. So I ate three breakfasts without eating the same thing. With SO many hotels eliminating free breakfast or limiting it to toast and coffee -this Ramada has a GREAT breakfast that saves an easy 15 bucks off the budget daily. We paid $33/night on hotwire. It was worth it. The hotel is a bit old, a bit dirty, a bit run down but within our standards. We would rather go cheap on the hotel and spend our money on activities. Free parking and Free internet in the room was great. Small office area with free computer use if you don't have a laptop. If you are a prissy, everything must be perfect person -stay somewhere else. IMHO this is a great hotel considering the price, location and what you get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
RamadaCCIDGM, General Manager at Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
We thank you for your feedback. Feed back such as yours are very helpful. We at the Ramada try very hard to provide clean and comfortable service to our guest. We make sure that the rooms are inspected and are upto the standards beore renting it to the guest. We are thankful and hope that you will give us your repeat business. Thank You.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Echoing the last review... nasty carpet, dusty rooms, mold and mildew in corners of room and on A/C, no shampoo (just 3 lotion containers), poorly patched gigantic hole in the wall, peeling paint, and a lopsided bed. Even better though: FOUR bugs crawling in shower when we arrived. Awesome welcome gift.

Breakfast is OK with make-your-own waffles, danishes, bagels, toast, cereal, powdered eggs, and yogurt, although no one there spoke English, so that was a bit frustrating. If you need a place to stay on i-Drive, I would avoid this one if possible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Wow... made a BIG mistake and put in a bid for 2.5 star property in Orlando with Priceline. (I normally never go below 3 Stars). OK, folks, this is one of the nastiest hotels I have ever experienced. Room had a leaky, mildewy, moldy a/c unit. Carpet was wet and moldy/mildewy. Room rough, very rough appearance all around. Bathroom dirty. Poor customer service too: I called ahead and asked for a rollaway to be placed in our room since we were running late - told they just "can't do that" until we check in. Didn't quite understand that line of thinking since we had pre-paid for the room. AVOID AVOID AVOID THIS HOTEL and WARNING: Don't bid at 2.5 stars in Orlando on I-Drive or you may end up here! Yuck!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mcglynndon
We are sorry that you feel this way about our hotel but I must assure you that we are very serious and concern about the cleanliness of our hotel. We take measures like checking rooms on a daily basis before renting it to the guest. I apologise for the mechanical failure of the a/c unit which must have caused the carpet to become wet. We have replaced all air conditioning units in the hotel. I personally apologise to you about your stay and we hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves. Thank You.
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I purchased this room off of Priceline at a very discounted rate, and did not really expect much. All I hoped for was that there would not be crackheads outside our door, and hoped clean sheets were on the bed.
We arrived early, 7am to be exact and were told they were sold out and unfortunately we could not check in as they had no available rooms. They did, however, allow me to use their computer in the business center to print park tickets out at no charge.
We returned around 2pm and were immediately given a room, downstairs-which was much appreciated as we had spent the whole day at Sea World and we had gotten up at 3am to make the drive to Orlando. We got to the room, and the room as a bit small-but completely updated rooms, and extremely clean. The bed was really comfortable, too. The one thing that stood out for me was the separate conditioner bottle, which most moderate hotels usually do not give! lol (Strange thing to like about the place, I know, but it is a nice amenity when you do not want to travel with a large bottle of conditioner) The internet worked perfectly, and quickly. Ordered pizza from Uno's, and had a wonderful night's sleep. No noise, no disturbances.
Had a wonderful breakfast in the morning. This hotel has a small dining area, but hey, make your plate and take it back to your room-that's what we did. Good selection of items, and everything was stocked even though there were around 15-20 people in the dining area eating.
Check-out was a breeze, too.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience. I read many reviews on Trip Advisor that stated there were people in the parking lots at night, and yada yada yada...we did not see any of this. Very clean, safe, and affordable. I travelled with my husband and 4 year old daughter and had a great stay. Definately an unexpected treasure in Orlando :)

Thank you to the staff for our wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ycatstouch
I am glad that you were happy with your stay and loved the Hotel. Please call us when you com back in the area so that we can serve you again. Thank You.
New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I "won" this place through Priceline. I travel a lot and usually don't review every hotel I stay at but this place deserves a special mention.

First, I had to move rooms because an old AC unit in the first room was extremely noisy. So, I had a chance to look at two different rooms. The following equally applies to both.

Rooms are extremely shabby, outdated and run down. Furniture is worn. Everything is dirty - floors, furniture, fixtures. Crumbs on bedding, greasy fingerprints on lamps, tables, tv, hair all over bathrooms (with a complimentary used washcloth from previous guest thrown in), peeling paint, caulk and rust in bathrooms etc. Stains on sheets and under (all sorts of bodily fluids on mattress "protector" and pillows).

This is by far the most disgusting hotel I've had to stay at in recent memory.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Please accept my apology for the experience that you had to fo through. We have recognised the air condition which had a problem and have replaced it with a brand new air condition unit. The hotel has just been renovated in 2011. Some of the work done was replaced all mattresses with a Sealy Pillow Top mattresses, replaced carpeting in hallways and in the rooms and replaced all the televisions. I apologize that you felt that we were in need of the renovation but I asure you that we constantly make changes for betterment of our amenities and the condition of the hotel so that we can have an clean and comfortable accomodations for our guest. I hope that you will accept my apology and give us another chance. General Manager