“Wonderful Time”

Cypress Pointe Resort
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 14, 2004

We had a two bedroom in Phase two and it ws great. Biggest complaint, the water in basin in master bath took too long to run hot and I don't think that's a big complaint. Close to all attractions, near supermarket, Winn-Dixie and just off I-4. Big scren TV was nice as was the King size bed and the whirlpoolbath.

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed November 26, 2004

Our family of 6 (4 kids/2 s) just returned from a week at CPR. We had a 3BR suite and all fit comfortably. While most of the negative reviews seem to mention the "no-door" bathrooms, I should add that the bedroom doors leading to the bathrooms CAN be locked, but it is bothersome.

Our major concern was while flipping through the channels on our first night there, on both HBO and Spanish HBO was a show about the p.o.r.n. industry. With 2 teenagers in tow, we were very appalled that there would not at least be the common pay-per-view box on the TV's. After a call to the management, I was told that there was no blocking available. This was later changed to "you can block the remote" from displaying that channel, but any crafty teenager can figure out that you can just punch in the numbers. A day later I did notice that the channel had a "signal lost" display on it for the remainder of our trip. However, I still had to worry every evening that more would be streamed right into their room. I have since written a letter to the managemtn and hope that they will take permanent actions. Orlando should be family friendly! Please make sure to ask the resort about this before you book! And let them know that families don't need vices made available to their kids.

One other thing: When they invite you to the breakfast meeting "just to let you know the new things happening at our resort", be assured that it's a sales pitch to sell you a time-share or upgrade you even more. While we were able to get a couple of 2-day passes to Universal Studios out of them, I resented the sales pitch meeting. Besides, would you really want your home resort to be located in a hurricane zone? Think about it!

15  Thank Michael G
Liverpool, England
Reviewed November 17, 2004

Myself, husband and teenage daughter have just returned from Cypress Pointe on 30th October, after spending 2 weeks in Phase 2.
I had been very worried about staying here because some of the reviews were so bad.
I can honestly say the place was lovely and I would recommend it, I checked out everything in the bad reviews and can't understand were they came from.
The reception is shared between Phase 1 and 2 and the staff were nice and checked us in in only a few minutes and check out was the same. The staff where really helpful and friendly, but other than phoning reception, for some extra towels and to get the toilet in the guest bathroom fixed (which they sent some on out immediately) I did not have a need to phone reception again.
The pool at phase 2 was not cold and it was clean, the hot tub was hot (a little bit to hot) but clean and working and there were plenty
of beds and towels (we only went to the pool 3 times, as like everyone else on holiday in Florida you are busy at the theme parks on most days).
Our apartment overlooked the car park and it was very quiet with the added advantage that we could look at the fireworks from Disney
when we got back.
We only heard neighbours on one evening when they arrived and they were a bit noisy.
There was everything electrical including hairdryers, smoothie maker, ice machine in the freezer.
We stayed in a two bedroom apartment and it is very large. Most of the bad reviews seem to be about one bedroomed apartments so it is worth paying the extra and upgrading to a 2 bedroom apartment (it costs about £70 extra) plus you benefit from a washer dryer, Jacuzzi bath, walk in shower in a separate bathroom (all with doors on), a guest double bed room and guest bathroom, a dinning area, a TV in the master bedroom as well as the huge TV in the living room, and the settee in the living room is a bed settee plus our apartment had new carpets and furniture.
Also make sure that you request Phase 2 - and in busy times book a room over the car park, as I could see how it can become noisy in the pool area in the evenings as this is open until very late. We got complete maid service after a week, but towels can be requested when you want them. There is a shop on site, which sells everything including hot fast food, such a pitzas and burgers etc.
The location is very good, with restaurants and supermarkets on your door step and you can walk to downtown Disney, it takes about 20 mins, but is literally 2 mins in the car, probably about a mile or so.
The one thing to look out for is that you do get a call from 'guest services' after a day or so to see how you are settling in, with an invitation to a breakfast (which is really a time share meeting) we didn't go and didn't get pestered after we declined.
Finally there were alot of Americans with time shares at Cypress Pointe who we spoke to and they have been back several times and they told us that Phase 1 is currently being refurbished too.
Hope this puts your mind at ease, but don't leave anything to chance, make sure that you get a unit in Phase 2, with two bedrooms, which is looking over the car park and you should not have any problems.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Carshalton Surrey UK
Reviewed November 13, 2004

Have just returned from Orlando and we stayed at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas,We had a 3 bedroom and the standard was beyond our expectations,it was as new ,large,spacious a pleasure to return too after hectic days at the park,was never hassled for timeshare,resort peaceful, a great place of which we shall return,would recommend to everyone a great resort of superior standards.
no problem recommending this been to orlando 6 times this was best accomadation we have ever stayed in.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2004

We stayed at the Grand Villas the third week in May. It was not at all crowded. There was no problem checking in. Our request for a pool-side building was granted. The 2 room unit was spacious and clean. The pool area was well maintained. Front desk staff was very accomodating. I would definitely stay there again. I'm surprised at the negative reviews posted. Perhaps the units at the Grand Villas are newer than the other units across the road.

5  Thank DisKitty
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Shabby, and not so clean. The Bathroom has no door, try getting a teenager to shower under those circumstances! Fortunately we only stayed three days. Also there was only one pay phone available and you have to wait in line for the staff to get off it and they are in no hurry to do so!.
They kept asking me where my husband was, as I think they were trying to push the time share thing, I found this offensive I was a paying guest ,not there looking for a deal!
My poor friends from Britain had to endure two weeks in a cramped room with no bathroom door they thought they had the honeymoon suite by mistake! The bathtub is in the middle of the living room, really !

4  Thank celticoupleNewYork
Reviewed October 24, 2004

My family and I stayed in the Cypress Pointe Grand Villas (aka as phase 2) the week of Oct 16th-23rd. The resort has just replaced the living room room furniture, carpet and accessories. This was the second stay for us. We were in a 2 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor of building C facing the pool. As the pool was not being heavily used, noise was not a problem. In the summer months, I could see how it could bother light sleepers who retire before 11:00 PM. The unit was huge and it was wonderful for everyone to have their own "space" after a day at the theme parks. Everything in the unit worked and even though the trash closet for the floor was outside our door, the unit had a clean fresh smell. It was a great vacation and the accomadations added to it. The front desk was polite and helpful, check in and out took less than 10 minutes combined, and our one request from housekeeping for additional sheets was answered in under 20 minutes. For those looking for something to nitpik, the chair in the master bedroom was really worn, and the whirlpool in the masterbath was beginning to show it's age. For the price I paid for the room, these were very small things to overlook. I will be returning to this resort very soon! You just can't beat the value.

• Stayed: October 2003