We had rented a 3BR unit in Oct '12 based on reviews and proximity to WDW (I have stayed in LBV before and like the access to the gate right off of I-4 and some of the 'back doors' into the World.
This place did not disappoint. The kids loved the pool and having a TV in each BR was a big hit with them. The place is close enough to WDW that you could easily make it back for an afternoon nap if you wanted to break up each day.
Physically, it's apparent that the place is older: dinged up (but repaired) doors, no elevators, etc. Still it has been very well maintained, the rooms are large, and everything was in perfect working order.
Biggest pet peeve was that the AC was fixed to run between 73-76 or thereabouts, which was annoying.
Showers were great (plus a big jacuzzi tub in the MBR), hot and good pressure. Good towels and LOTS of them, which is always a plus in Fla, where it takes at least a full day to dry something out.
Pool was great: big, not too crowded, hot tub was pretty hot, 3 little water slides, plus an erupting volcano. There was a little deli connected to the main building nearby, though we didn't use it. The lobby was intact, but the main entrance was adding a large portico, so routing went around back. No big deal, and just more evidence that they are keeping the maintenance at high levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cypress Pointe Resort is a timeshare resort managed by Vacation Resorts International. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Cypress Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Pointe Hotel Orlando
- Cypress Pointe Grande Hotel
- Cypress Point Resort
- Cypress Pointe Orlando
- Cypress Pointe Grande Resort
- Cypress Pointe Grand Villas