“Great Resort with a lot to Offer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

You added Cypress Pointe Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Pointe Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Sunterra)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Resort with a lot to Offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I arrived at 8pm after a long drive and was very impressed by the outside of this resort. When you walk into the lobby there is a parrot named Charlie and he talks. It adds so much character to this resort. The lady at check was great and very funny. I'm bad with names but she had a very pleasant French accent. I had a studio and had a lot to offer such as a microwave, refrig, flat screen tv, shower, huge tub,a desk, and balcony. It was a little chilly in the 50s but it was still nice to be out on the balcony. There is also a jacuzzi, pool,game room, ping pong table, gym, basketball court,a place to eat,and a bar on site. This resort is in a great location just a few blocks from the entrance of Disney Springs area hotels. There are also a lot of restaurants nearby. I've been to several other hotels in Orlando and this one is very impressive. I will definitely go back without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with family

Lenoir, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our 3 bedroom unit had a urine smell in it which was terrible. Our daughter left a fanny pouch with $40, and a camera in her nightstand and we could not get it back!! I made several calls about it and was told it was not there but I know it was. You would expect a Diamond Resort would screen there housekeeping better. VERY DISAPPOINTED. We would not recommend it to any of our friends.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For an older resort this one was very enjoyable. We had a 3 bedroom. Activities were great since we were able to go to the sister resort - putt putt, barbecue grills , Christmas activities.
Clean but needed some maintenance work.

Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My new husband and I stayed at a studio here on our honeymoon on a very last minute trip. We typically stay on Disney property at one of the deluxe resorts. We were only planning on doing one power day at the parks, so opted for something close by in Orlando. I also would have felt guilty staying on Disney property without the kids. We were honeymooning, so we would have had an amazing time had we slept in the car! That said, if I were giving an honest review, I'm not convinced I would stay here again.

We stayed three nights, and the staff all left much to be desired. There were no big smiles, no one seemed very interested in what they were doing, and everyone seemed almost bothered when asked for anything at all - and we don't really ask for much of anything. The front desk didn't give us any information about activities or really much of anything upon check in. The folks over at the time share spot in the lobby were pushy, and the woman there definitely didn't have the kind of approach or energy that would make me feel inclined to sit through a 90 minute time share presentation. She was pushy and course. When we did call to ask if they had a list of nearby places that delivered to the resort, the response was simply, "Pizza." I'm pretty sure we could have figured that part out on our own. The guy at the little cafe/snack shop on the grounds seemed bothered that he had to get up from sitting at the table and throw together a sandwich.....little things like this had an impact of the overall tone of the resort I guess. It just isn't what we are used to in this part of Florida.

The room was kind of perfect for a romantic trip, as the shower and tub were totally exposed and open in the room - you could see it all right from the bed. The room for whatever reason didn't have shower gel, or the typical amenities you would expect to find at even a hotel....let alone a resort. There was a bar of soap, so I guess that is something. I guess there is no housekeeping on a three night stay there. Again, we booked this trip literally the day of, so perhaps that has a little something to do with all of that. The grounds were okay, the volcano in the center of the pool was cool, and we took advantage of the free mini golf at the resort across the way. The proximity to Disney was great, and there were plenty of shops and food near by. The value was good for where you were situated, and the grounds did have tennis courts, basketball, and a pretty little lake. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't so great. We had a great time anyway, I'm just not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jessicamsantiago
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed with our family there and were there for a week. The rooms are somewhat dated, and I think they need to use an exterminator more because my wife woke up with an unknown bug in her hair and each morning for a week I had to find the paper towels to deal with the latest visitor to our room. Luckily there were no bed bugs. The room was clean and decently appointed, but all the pillows were dead and lumpy, and the mattress caused both of us, who are relatively fit and in our 40s to wake up with pain in different body areas at points.

While it was nice to spend the week with family, we almost had the luck to also spend it sharing with another group as well since management deactivated all the keys in our group and gave another group keys to our room. Had 2 of us not been there with a down night we could have been raided and not known about it, and had people going through our stuff... Security also showed up to unlock the room that wasn't locked and couldn't speak English well enough to communicate with those party members as well. If you went to the desk at night to ask for something like garbage bags the staff acted like it was a chore for them to acquiesce to the request.

Oh, and if you are expecting house keeping, don't. They had a notice in the room that it would be about $60 to have them come once during a one week stay and that they provided it one time per two weeks to people. They would exchange towels "by appointment only" and during set hours.

Overall we did ok and it was a decent place to stay, but with all the issues, it is not one that I can recommend. For the rack rate you can do better with all the hotels in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
2 Thank billbuffny
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WONDERFUL!!!! we love coming to CYPRESS POINT. It is such a beautiful place and I get a chance to talk to CHARLIE (smile). Your staff is very professional.I will and have done so recommend for my friends to stay with you.

Room Tip: It would be nice to have several breaks in the sidewalks so you are able to use the cart for carryin...
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms

Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club

2 Thank Z3038SQjoeh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband, two teenage daughters and myself have returned to Cypress Pointe Grand Villas many times over the years. Our last visit was August 2015 and we stayed in a 2 bedroomed condo. The condo had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kids had their own room with their own bathroom and we had an en suite bathroom with consisted of a massive Jacuzzi bath and a separate shower and toilet area. The 2 bedroomed condos are very large and there is more than enough storage. They have a fully working kitchen with a kitchen bar to sit around for a snack as well as a 6 seated dinning area for a sit down meal. A washing machine and dryer are also provided. There is a TV in every room with a large TV in the living room. The living room is a large family area. There was Wifi available in the condo but you had to pay for it. However, with 2 teenage daughters this has turned into an essential!
The condo was cleaned once a week and the cleaners left fresh supplies of washing powder and tea and coffee. There are a number of pools on the complex, a mini golf, children's area, a small gym, reception area, mini market and a pizza and coffee shop. There were DVD rentals and a games room.
The location is perfect!
There is a supermarket (Winn Dixi) a few minutes which is located next to a Papa Johns Pizza place. The kids didn't mind shopping if grocery shopping at this store!
It is 5 minutes away by car to Downtown Disney and 15 minutes from Universal. This is the main reason we have returned year after year. There are many restaurants in this area, some are in walking distance and some are a 2 minute drive away. This complex is central to everything you will need, theme parks, shopping malls, restaurants etc

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family