“Fantastic Food - Filthy Restaurant :(”
Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #735 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My friend and I ate last night at the South Orange Blossom Trail El Pollo Tropical location which is across the street from the Florida Mall. First I would like to say, that we love El Pollo and we've eaten at several locations and will continue to do so. The new West Melbourne location is the best!

Anyway, back to the SOBT location, we got our food and tried to find a clean table to no avail. We decided to wash a table with some napkins ourselves. I proceeded to the condiment bar with all the fantastic tasting condiments that are available there (i.e., salsa, garlic sauce, onions, jalapenos, barbecue sauces, etc.) and I slipped on the garlic sauce that was all over the floor. I had to tip toe over the mess that was all over the floor to try to obtain the delicious condiments which are very necessary to the overall experience of the food! My shoes and the bottom of my jeans were covered in garlic sauce.

I spoke to the Manager after eating and she said that she cannot get her employees to clean the restaurant. Perhaps some retraining is necessary; however, I have to give the manager credit she did start cleaning the restaurant as we were leaving. There was food and paper products all over the entire floor and as I mentioned, not one table was clean. The condiment table was a mess too. Fantastic tasting food unfortunately, it's a filthy restaurant, which of course takes away from the entire experience.

3  Thank Katie8200

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our first stop when traveling to Orlando. Great food, great price. Wish we had this chain in Canada. Does not seem like fast food. Dinning area was clean and spacious. Witha ton of selections for different flavour sauces!

1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Love everything, very clean, family prices and the service was great. Party of seven we enjoy it very much!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Pollo tropical puts a new spin on fast food and i always make sure to go to one when vacationing in florida. This location has a drive thru window, which was great because it was pouring when i went. The chicken is always my go to meal but i saw the pulled pork on the menu and decided to get that aling with two sides. Seven bux and about one minute later, delicious food! Love it! Not fast food, good food made quickly.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Fabulous food. I have been here twice and plan on it again, when in Orlando. Very unique and very good, you gotta try it.