“Exceptional desserts”
Review of Babycakes NYC - CLOSED

Babycakes NYC
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Myself and a couple friends made a special trip just to get a cupcake from the bakery. While I wouldn't recommend going to down town Disney on a Friday night it was worth fighting the crowds. They have a great selection of things that are all vegan and a number that are allergen conscious. One of the best desserts I have ever had - super rich.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had apple toast cake which was moist and had pieces of apple- delicious! Lemon poppy cake was also moist and tasty. The doughnuts however were cakes in a doughnut shape so not what the kids were expecting. They had the choc chip and coconut doughnuts. Both were a bit dry but the choc chip was better than the coconut. If you are expecting a cake in a doughnut shape they were OK cakes and considering they are "free from" most main ingredients they weren't bad at all. We were on DDP so it was nice to try but I don't think I would have paid $4 each for them.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The cupcakes were moist and super sweet. Actually, it was too sweet for me. I noticed one of the blondie cupcakes didn't have any frosting on it and asked if I could have one of those. It was much better without the icing. I also ordered the donuts and pumpkin bread, which weren't spectacular. But, the apple toastie bread was great! I guess, you just have to try and see what you will like the best.

1  Thank candylandhere
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Okay for $18 for 3 donuts and 2 cupcakes, I was expecting WOW. What I didn't realize was that when it's gluten free, vegan, etc - it is taste free. My family of four only enjoyed one of our choices - the blueberry donut. It was moist and I guess the berries saved the taste. The other choices - the vanilla donut and the French toast cupcake - we didn't even finish. This is clearly not for everyone and only for those with dietary restrictions.

1  Thank jjillmomma
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I purchased cupcakes from Babycakes NYC in Downtown Disney. I guess this just comes back to preference. I am used to cake/cupcakes being soft and moist. The vanilla cupcake had a texture that reminded me of dry brown cornbread. After only two bites I could not finish eating it and ended up dropping it in the nearest trash.

1  Thank creneek