Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #234 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin, Ireland
“Honest Review”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed recently for 2 weeks in the renovated North Tower. Ideally located on I-Drive. Suite was spacious and clean on arrival. The only minor issues we had from our stay was down to house-keeping i.e. sheets on bed were only changed once in the 2 weeks we were there. We put that down to shortage of staff as there is a "help wanted" advert on the sign on I-Drive. Room appeared to be tidied rather than cleaned. Continental breakfast served from 6.30am to 10.30am was ideal. All the staff were friendly and courteous. FREE transport to major theme parks were appreciated. Not having a restaurant at this hotel didn't bother us as hey there are plenty on I-Drive.

Room Tip: South Tower seems to get poor reviews so you should pick a suite in North Tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Raheny11, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We appreciate your kind comments as well as your suggestions about how we can improve our service for our guests. We are also very thankful for the four star rating, but we hope you and your family can join us once again and make it a five star stay! Thank you once again, and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I requested a wake up call the first day and it never came. The second day it did. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this was a first. I had drinks in the refrigerator that were thrown out while I was away, I guess they assumed that I had checked out. The room was very nice as was the staff. I enjoyed the property however the breakfast was very limited.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Daryl W, thank you for your response. We here at the Ramada appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the trouble with the wake up calls, and I will be sure to not let this issue occur once again. I hope this does not keep you from joining us again! We would love to show you that we can fix our issues to make a guests second even better than the first! Thank you and we hope to see you soon!
stockport england
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Check in was very quick and the lady on reception was very helpful, The booking was room only but thomsons upgraded us to a suite with champagne breakfast us as i wasnt happy with the reviews for the hotels south tower. The suite was great the only thing that i wasnt too sure of was that although the kitchen had a hob and a microwave/oven there werent any utensils or pans. the room attendants were very good, on the day we put up do not disturb sign they left us a note if we needed anything. Breakfast was very good. All the staff were very helpful

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear jo53, thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased to hear that you chose the Ramada on I-Drive as your getaway for your honeymoon! We appreciate your rating and the kind words you had to say about this hotel, and we hope that this is not the last time we see you! Thank you once again, and see you soon!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location.
We didnt spend much time in the hotelrooms, but maby we would have if they were more inviting.
Bothered me that we couldnt get an extra bed (cod). The staff told me that was because when the half of the hotel was renevaited this year or last, all the extra cods were thrown away and sofas put in the rooms instead (but of course not in the old rooms).
Short distance to everything. No restaurant in the hotel, not much bar-tending either. Breakfast always the same and just bread, waffles (every other day) and cerials.
Staff allright, arrived at night and the receptionist was a bit moody.
Rooms were big, a bit outdated but OK.
Terrible elevators, slow and broke down once.
No children activities except for the pool.
I give it a 5 out of 10, would not come back though.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the newly renivaited part. New, clean rooms Better price though for the older part...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Greta1313, thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Ramada on International Drive! I would like to apologize on the behalf of the staff for your three star stay. As the guest relations manager, I do my best to keep everything in check, but I will be sure to mention your complaints to the respective departments. Your response is very much appreciated because it helps us see what we can improve on in the hotel. We will take your words into consideration, and we apologize once again. Thank you!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my 7th trip to Orlando, I have started twice in Disney property and the rest on international drive. This was one of the best hotels we stayed in, and the first hotel that I have ever felt like I wanted to go back to. We stayed in a club level suite ads it was well worth the extra money, to be able to sit in the roof top jacuzzi with a free bar in an evening after a mad day at the parks was great. Kevin who works up there was lovely and a credit to the team. Reception were lovely and one night I had severe tooth ache and they were great. for the rest of my holiday they went out of thier way to ask how I was. My only complaint its that maybe club level guests shouldn't have to pay for the in room safe?! As we have already spent so much upgrading our rooms. All in all it was a fantastic hotel, perfect for what we needed and as long as the club level stays the same I will return!!!

• Stayed June 2013
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear jenna2407, thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed a majority of what is offered at the Ramada on International Drive! As for your one complaint, I will look into how we can improve the issue, and make your stay, as well as other guests', more enjoyable. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!