“Excellent stay at the Ramada Plaza.”

Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #224 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I never leave reviews but I feel I had to for this hotel because of all the bad reviews it has received. I reluctantly booked this hotel after reading all the bad reviews on here. After reading the reviews it was clear that people who stay in the old building dislike it and people in the new building love it. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the 9th floor. We stayed for 13 nights. We were at club level so we had access to the roof top pool and hot tub along with drinks and snacks. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate don’t expect anything special just your normal cereals, toast, bagels, fruit, waffles etc. The suite was lovely and modern. The beds were the most comfortable in any hotels I have stayed in. I wanted to take the pillows home but instead I took the name of the manufacturer. The bathroom was big and had a Jacuzzi bath which was great. The lake view from our room was great. The hotel is located close to universal and wet ’n’ wild. It also a 5 minutes drive to Orlando Premium Outlet Mall. The hotel does get busy at weekends and parking was difficult but as soon as the hotel realises there is a problem they have somebody standing outside and direct you to a car park nearby. I must give a special mention to Robert who was great on roof top bar and the kids loved him. I have been on numerous holidays with the family and no hotel is perfect but, I can honestly say I had no issues with this hotel. I can’t comment on the old building but I believe its being renovated. On the last day I was using the free computer stations to print my boarding passes. I had difficulties printing so I asked reception for assistant. The lady at the front desk helped me print my boarding passes straight away she was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Choose club level as it does come in handy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ed1517
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Ed1517

Firstly many thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us feedback about your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for the FIVE STAR review greatly appreciated.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will be shared to the respective departments.

Highest Regards,
Ramada Plaza Resort & Suites International Drive

Write a ReviewReviews (3,107)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was a horrible experience at this hotel. I should've paid attention to the previous reviews that gave low ratings. The rooms were filthy, had ants everywhere even after room service, heat wasn't working, elevator weren't working, the staff are rude.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel was ok.. Would have been nice if the rooms were in the same vacinty of the suites. When you leave the front desk and go to the regular rooms looks like you go from Beverly Hills to the Ghetto. Other than that the hotel was ok nice view of wet and wild theme park.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I arrived a half hour before check in time and there were 3 employees at the desk, after several minutes, I was finally acknowledged by one of them. I had my photo if ready, and she very quietly asked my name, then proceeded to tell me that I was too early, my room wasn't ready and asked me to sit in the lobby. After doing 45 min of sightseeing around the city, we returned to check in. A different girl was there and although she was friendly, I again stood there for several minutes before anybody asked if I needed help. Then, housekeeping shows up at the room well before 9 am. Knocked once and tried to open the door. The hotel is nice and affordable but the customer service was not good!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
#117 of 342 in Orlando
Avanti International Resort
Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Best Western International Drive - Orlando

Been to Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!