“Not what it said on Internet”

Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #234 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
BRADENTON
“Not what it said on Internet”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Paid extra to have access to rooftop pool and bar. Was not access able . Had to call every time we wanted to use it to be let in. Avertised comp Beer and wine which we also had to ask for. When we talked to assist gm was told if we wanted to checkout she could not stop us. The beakfast was also supposed to be ungraded and the only difference was it had champagne . Overall would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank VINCENT T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Blue Ridge TX
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Room dosen't resemble picture on website. Some of the front desk staff must pass a super stupid test to work.

It looks like they have newer rooms and that is the picture they post on their website. The room we got was obviously very old and looked like a much lower class of room.

One of the people at the front desk acted like they were intelligent. The others could not get close to the intelligent line.

Would not recommend this hotel. For a Resort it didn't have anything to offer. Dingy rooms that are way over priced and they they tried to over charge me when I checked out.

Your money would be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Pat S

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were put in the "old tower", or as we called it affectionately; "the Expedia section". It was only $70 so we couldn't complain, and it was just for one night anyway. After 800 miles of driving it was just fine. Yea, the parking was a bit funky but was no problem and it was a safe area as opposed to many other cities I've been to. We had a room on the 9th floor and although tired, we were excited and took in the view after going out to eat. We could see fireworks in the distance from EPCOT(?). The ubiquitous Continental (carbohydrate) breakfast was just fine. You have to look around to find the fruit. We grabbed a few Florida oranges on the way out. I actually enjoy a toasted bagel with cream cheese, do people think they deserve an omelet/bacon breakfast free? Go to Denny's. .There were 5 of use, so that free breakfast saved us much time and money. The night before, I accidentally wandered into the new section. It was super nice compared to the Expedia section. My wife thought we took the freight elevator to our room, but it was the regular elevator for the old tower. Sorry no pics of the swank room.

1 Thank TikiVegas
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This Hotel was incredible. I work for Ramada hotels and booked this hotel through Basil. He booked me a Superior Suite and it was incredible. The front desk was great at checkin, gave us 2 free drink tickets for the lounge and when we arrived at the suite, it was amazing. The suite came with a living room w/ refrigerator microwave and 2 burner stove as well as a large plasma tv..the separate bedroom area had 2 queen beds and another huge flat plasma tv. The bathroom was top notch black granite and spacious. The free continental breakfast was great and had waffles, breads yogurt, granola ceral fruit and mimosas...COULDNT BELIEVE IT. The suite was also energy efficient in which the lights only worked when your room ket was inserted next to the power switches which save incredible energy...I also felt very safe because when you entered the elevator, it would not move unless you had your room key and late at night you could not get access to the hotel unless you had your room key as well...Thanks for a memorable and incredible stay!!!!

Room Tip: Choose this hotel..you wont be sorry!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

They gave us a room in the "old tower". It was nasty and needed much maintenance. Upgraded into the new wing the next day with no problems. Continental Breakfast is a joke- it's all bread (pancakes, bagels, cereal). And, when an item was left in the room on the day I checked out, they refused to go check the room for the item before someone else checked into it. Told me that housekeeping had already gone home for the day. Was refused again after that! Left 2 messages for the General Manager and sent her an email with no response. Called Customer Care who advised me that the hotel management had until 8/23/12 to call me to resolve. It is now 8/29/12 and still no response. Called Customer Care back and they told me that there was nothing else that they could do and that I had to resolve directly with the hotel?! Really? What happened to taking care of the customer? They showed me they could really care less!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heather P
Forest Park
Reviewed August 28, 2012

First let me say, we arrived and the parking situation was a little crazy. The lady told me the parking lot was limited so I had to park a the camera shop or I would be towed. I was in the old tower which opens up to the parking lot. I didn't realilze that and would have not stayed here if I had. Inside the room was only one bath towel and no wash clothes. I went to to the front desk and they gave me linen. About 1 a.m. in the morning, someone knocked on my door. Apparently they gave my room away because the clerk at the front door forgot to check me in. The breakfast ... well if you like toast, bagels or ceral (waffles are not available every day) you are in luck. Most of the fruit was gone and the room was packed. I just said it's not worth it. Finally, after a good visit to Orlando, I received my bill. They double charged me. Honestly, just stay somewhere else. It's much less hassle.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank page335
ORLANDO
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent three quite and relaxing days in a comfortable room
The hotel is located just 300 meters from Wet n´ Wild Park, which is what we were looking for.
There is also many markets where food, beverages, and also gifts may be bought.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Rosen Inn
#104 of 339 in Orlando
Rosen Inn International
#123 of 339 in Orlando
Florida Center
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel

Been to Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!