Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #226 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
PARSIPPANY
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We did not like the room that include 1) the parking is terrible that narrow path can cause car damage or accident 2) there were two different class on the two separate building-1) one has high quality including good quality elevator, swimming pool, exercise room and 2) the poor condition building that include reliable elevator, and no exercise room. 3) the breakfast on weekday does not include waffle machine. We have to concern about our rental car condition on the parking lot that tight space can cause liability problem on dents and scratch. Also I am the member of Wyndham member,the hotel front desk told me to call and submit to get my staying credit.instead helping me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Ramada (newer side, 5th floor) and I have to say I was shocked when I seen how Ramada has changed. Typically I would not even think about staying at a Ramada, but I was desperate. My family and I arrived in Orlando on 7/29/2012. We had reservations elsewhere, but upon arrival, I was not satisfied in terms of the cleanliness of that location. We ended up checking in at "The Point" located on Universal Blvd (1 BR S) as our children are 5 and 16 so we needed the space of atleast a 1 BR! We ended up staying there for 2 nights. The Point was okay in terms of the space and amentities. It had a seperate King in the BD, full kitchen w appliances, but the sleeper sofa was horrible! For those 2 nights we all slept on the king. The room was a little dated, but it was clean! I still was not satisfied w the room so was searching for another place to stay! I cannot enjoy a vacation until I am comfortable w the room!
As we were walking down I-Drive, I noticed how new the Ramada looked so my daughter and I decided to check it out. My husband took out son to the arcade which was literally 2 min away fr Ramada. When I walked in I was completely shocked to see how tastefully decorated it was! A gentlemen that was working showed me both sides the older side/ newer side. The newer side was like a breathe of fresh air. FINALLY, I had found a place that was to my liking. It was a suite on the 5th fl. As you enter the room you have a sitting area w a pull out couch that was surprisingly comfortable. Also, a flat screen on the wall, a mini fridge, sink, 2 burner stovetop-perfect! Then closet and bathroom which had granite and moen faucets. Loved it! The tub was a standared tub, but was okay. Then there's a door that seperates the room w 2 comfy queen beds along w another flat screen mounted on wall.
The amentites included free wifi, continental bf (vry light, ceral, bagel, muffin, juices, etc.) pool area was nice/clean overlooked the lake- we had a room w/. The pool was never crowded and there always were enough chairs! They have a lounge/bar area that overlooks the pool. Free shutlles to parks, newspaper, etc. Staff was very attentive towards anything you needed.
The downside - rooms were clean, but could've been cleaner. I noticed a little dust and bathroom needed attention. I bought some clorox and did it myself as I feel more comfortable that way. Had to ask housekeeping to vacuum, but I am picky! I would recommend Ramada!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Maria A
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a live lizard in my 10th floor room.. I had to call the front desk for my bottle of Champain, The only good service I received was from the Night time security gaurd. He was very polite. The clerk at check in seemed as if he was in a rush and was rushing the older lady that was back there helping him. The poor lady looked as if she was in her 90's

1  Thank Renita G
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room was very nice and clean everyone was very nice and helpful I will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and children recently went to Orlando for 2 nights and I tried to get a good value on a nice room. The price was good but the hotel was not. First room the bathroom door wouldn't shut, was full of ants, and smelled terrible. They were moved but neither of these rooms compared to the wesite description. Unless you get a suite you are in an adjacent building with outside entry doors and a lot of parking lot construction. I called the hotel and asked to have the manager call me to see about moving them to the other building with interior entry rooms ( only because they are safer ). No return call and told I should have looked closer at the aerial photo.....won't stay there again.

1  Thank RobertDaphne
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is perfectly placed in walking distance of at thousand things to do, eat and see on Int. Drive. The rooms are quite big, and split in a sleeping and a living part. I like that. The pool is right next to the little lake, and you can watch the loooooong lines in Wet 'n' Wild. Our room was facing the parking lot, which was a petty but OK. Orlando isn't mush to look at anyway.
The complementary breakfast is better than most, at they serve champagne and fresh orange juice. Thanks for that!
The staff speaks better Spanish than English. That's not OK in the USA in my opinion.

1  Thank Morten A
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stay was good overall. Good location. Pricey for a regular hotel room, but you pay for the location I suppose. Water drainage was very slow in the bathtub during showering.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Rosen Inn
#103 of 340 in Orlando
Rosen Inn International
#121 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel

Been to Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!