“The Worst Hotel I Ever Stayed In.”

Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Ranked #237 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“The Worst Hotel I Ever Stayed In.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Very misleading construction was going on,no where to park had to park vechicle in a plaza and walk to the hotel and for some reason the house keeper refused to leave wash cloth had to go to the front desk 3 times to ask for wash cloths. It was such a horrible stay that we check out a day early and the front desk clerk was trying to charge me 200.00 something dollars when my hotel was book and paid in full through hotel.com and was already taken out of my account and they was trying to charge me again.The short maintenance guy was no help thought we stole the cart when we loaded our luggage and told us we couldn't park close to the hotel to load up. If the money wasn't already taken out of my account I would have stayed somewhere else horrible,horrible stay at this hotel and I will never use this establishment ever again .very disappointing and a couple of the front desk clerk was rude .the nite I check out early she left me standing at the desk why she preceeded to go to the back to answer her cell phone not one time to say excuse me just left me standing after been standing in the line for about 4 min. ,My Spring Break with my Family was awesome the hotel stay was aweful....

• Stayed March 2012
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Firstly thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experiences, I reported your disappointments to the respective departments to ensure that we improve in these areas.

Please give us a second chance as we continue to improve by receiving feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Ramada Plaza Resort & Suites International Drive Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel has construction work happening which made our stay even worse but had it not being going on it wouldn't have been much better. The rooms are old and dirty , our bathroom door had no lock (we used a bin to stop it swinging open). There was numerous extension cords throughout the room that looked seriously unsafe. The beds are like wooden benches. The location is good but you have to walk around a construction site just to get onto idrive!! No laundry room and no pool a really big let down the new hotel will b a lot better although it doesn't have much to do to be better!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Well, this hotel is good for the price and location(many shops around and close to universal studios). The room where I stayed was great too. Large, very clean, with a good view. The breakfast was not so great, actually very poor, and the breakfast room was very uncomfortable. At check out we had a little problem as well, the reception tried to charge us for the telephone bill (wich we didn't use it). So, pay attention when check out. Ps: In front this hotel there is a park, so in the evening is very noisy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, August 26, 2015
Firstly thanks for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the 3 star ratings. I reported your disappointments to the respective departments to ensure that we improve in these areas.

Please recommend us and we hope to see you again soon.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Tricked by the star rating / pictures into believing this was a good deal. Massive construction project onsite! They said there was renovations taking place, but this was rediculous...No pool, no lobby, no parking (forced to park over a block away every day), extreme noise, debri everywhere including our room. Knew I had been duped upon arrival...as you pull on to the property you are presented with a massive chain-link fence encompasing the entire hotel! The so called "lobby" was in some back storage room that was converted, dirty carpets, staff seemed embarrased. Slow & unkept elevators made loud bumps and thumps like they were going to break at every opening. When we first walked in, it was apparent our room had not been vaccuumed. Wife would not take her shoes off. Old carpets, old furnishing, old wall paper peeling, whole place needs a deep cleaning. "Free HOT breakfast" (waffle maker out of service, bagles, cereal, coffee only) held with room enough for about 15 people...when the entire hotel shows up, you can plan on waiting in 25 minute lines and fighting for tables. So over crowded with rude people the first day we simply went out for breakfast the remander of the trip. STAY AWAY FROM HOTELS ON INTERNATIONAL DRIVE...traffic is so packed you literaly have to force your way out into traffic at every turn!! A simple two block run back to the hotel can take you 30 mintues. They should state that they are "REBUILDING" this hotel, not renovating. Ramada, stop stealing rent from your customers and close until your renovations are completed.

Room Tip: Dont stay on International drive (I-Drive), the traffic will drive you insane.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank VestedTravel
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, December 1, 2014

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The view was very wonderful, nice little lake with ducks and a water park at the far end.
The rooms were pleasant and quaility I would expect from ramada. I only rated it so low because of the construction.
The staff was a bit overwhelmed, being under construction, there arises more complications and problems for the staff, and I think they need more counter help to deal with it.
The plans for the hotel's construction project look great, I hope i get to go back and see it when its done. I think the price also reflects the construction, very inexpensive for the area.
oh, and free beer!! no joke, tap in the lobby, adults over 21 get beer tickets for each night they stay.

I would stay here again, even under construction....

Room Tip: Due to the construction, the first floor rooms are actually further away than the elevator, The firs...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chickentrucker
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, August 14, 2015

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Tons of dust
No swimming pool
No sitting are
Old à/c systèm
Very bad choce if you are allergic

1 Thank augusto81
RamadaIdrive, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, October 4, 2014
Thank you again for selecting the Ramada Plaza Resorts & Suites International Drive Lakefront for your accommodations during your visit to Orlando. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed to the proper persons and or Department.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.