Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Ways to Experience Universal's Islands of Adventure
from $195.69
More Info
51,650 results
All reviews jurassic park islands of adventure harry potter water rides universal studios express pass spider man toon lagoon hulk ride seuss landing ripsaw falls skull island lost continent incredible hulk king kong ride both parks forbidden journey
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

We arrived at 8:35 for a 9 am opening. Getting in the park was a little wonky, Disney has a smoother entrance procedure, but we still were able to get into the park a little before 9.

We hustled back to the new Hagarid ride and the queue was already set up. We were corralled through the right side of the park and eventually made it to the main entrance to the ride. The staff was quoting about three hours from there. I even asked for an unofficial time from a staff member and he said 2 hours 45 was about right. Then the ride was delayed about 20 mins and we kept seeing empty cars pass and we’re getting announcements over the loudspeaker. Once the ride started taking passengers, we were headed up the hill to hagarid’s house. At that point (10:30) there was a drink stand and they were letting folks jump out to use the restroom. We decided to take our chances on the single rider line and it was a great decision. We only waited about 30 mins inside and were off the ride a few minutes after 11. Total time for us was about 2 hours from park opening. Based on conversations with the gentleman that I rode with, we saved about an hour by taking a chance in the single rider line.

The ride was fantastic, good luck.

3  Thank Moonshiner8
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for this review and feedback! I am thrilled you were able to enjoy our new attraction, and I agree with you that it is truly a fantastic new offering! Using the Single Riders line is a great option for Guests to drastically reduce their overall wait time, as you found out! Thank you for visiting, and come back soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Islands of Adventure is a theme park for everyone. We always have a great time every time we come and as an adult who traveled here with two other adults, don’t skip the whole in wall rides like Spider-Man or random ones. All the rides are a blast and the food is pretty reasonably priced for a theme park. If you’re going for more than one day (or even just a day) get the souvenir cup. Refills are free the first day, the next day you reactivate it for $10 and the refills are free that day too. The cup can be brought back anytime during the year and reactivated and you get free refills all day. With one drink being $4-$5 with no refills, the cups are definitely worth it. It doesn’t say much about what you can bring on the website, but you for sure can take frog tog towels and bottled water as well as snacks. We carried water and small snack packs of chips and had no issue with security at all. Another tip, even if you’re traveling as a group, if you don’t mind riding in a separate car from your travel companions you can skip pretty long wait times by going to the single rider line. We did this as a group of three and there was only once that we actually got put on the ride at separate times. We normally were even in the same car, just not beside each other. Also, if they close down the rides due to weather (which normally happens around 4 every afternoon because it’s Florida) this is the time to find the ride you want to ride with the longest wait time and get in front of it. The new Hagrid ride normally now has a wait time of around 3-4 hours, but by going to wait at the queue for it to open back up when the weather cleared, we only waited an hour and twenty minutes. Even if the line isn’t open, just stand in front of the rope, they won’t move you.

Date of experience: June 2019
3  Thank alicia1013

Hello,

Thank you for this review! I am glad you had so much fun during your day and got through many of the longer queues with a shorter wait time using the Single Riders line. It truly is a great time saver! I really hope you enjoyed our new ride and will come back soon to ride again! There are many fun details to look out for on your second ride-thru!

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

One thing that wasn’t clear to me was that most of the rides are simulations - so it kind of tends to get a little monotonous - the same kind of ride experience gets repeated over and over again - if you can stretch the whole day then better value for money if you buy the two parks in one day pass

2  Thank omarq21

Hello,

Thank you for this review, I value your feedback regarding our rides very much! While we do have a good number of rides which showcase truly cutting edge visual technology, I also want to point out to you the other excellent attractions we have which make use of practical effects. A great one of these rides is Jurassic Park River Adventure where you can see awesome animated figures. Our new Harry Potter attraction also makes use of amazing animated figures, so I highly suggest you check it out on your next visit!

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Very poor experience. Queuing was ridiculous and perhaps they should consider that rather than building more and more very expensive gift shops. Unable to get on several rides due to length of wait times (3.5hrs for Hagrid and regularly early closure). I do not recommend!

6  Thank DavidRE1967

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I appreciate your feedback very much. I am sorry you were unable to experience many attractions due to the wait time. It is currently a busier season for the theme park, however I can understand your frustration over the longer wait time for our newest very popular attraction. I suggest you to definitely come back, perhaps during a slower time of the year. When you have the chance, please get in touch with Guest Services for further assistance. Please contact Guest Services at 407-224-4233, option 4 or email GuestServices@UniversalOrlando.com. Please also reference your TripAdvisor review so you can be best assisted. I am sure Guest Services will work hard to take care of you and turn this experience around.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Probably the best Theme Park in Florida.
Great rides, Hulk, Harry Potter & Hagrid’s are the best 3 in my opinion.
Something for everyone, really great if you get on all of the rides.
Downside, Hagrid’s is a ridiculous queue time.
Weather is pretty rubbish as almost daily there’s a storm warning and downtime on rides plus occasional tech faults on some rides which closes them down for a while.
This can be very disappointing and could ruin your expensive visit because you don’t get the full experience

2  Thank Jezrez

Jezrez,

Thank you for this great review! I appreciate your feedback regarding the queue time for our newest attraction, and I am thrilled you were able to experience it while you visited along with the other great attractions you mentioned! Yes, severe weather can cause some rides to close temporarily for the safety of Guests and Team Members, and I appreciate your patience until they reopen for the day. Thank you for visiting, and come back soon!