Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Ways to Experience Universal's Islands of Adventure
from $195.69
More Info
51,650 results
All reviews jurassic park islands of adventure harry potter water rides universal studios express pass spider man toon lagoon hulk ride seuss landing ripsaw falls skull island lost continent incredible hulk king kong ride both parks forbidden journey
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed it for a day. We did a two park in same day to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Eating at the Three Broomsticks was fun and food was good and reasonably priced for a theme park. The Hogwarts Express is very well done and kids loved it. We did have some rain, but plenty of places to take cover until it passed.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Amiof4
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Hi,
Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Three Broomsticks, and hope you were able to cap off your meal with some Butterbeer ice cream. I'm also glad that you were able to travel between the parks in style on the Hogwarts Express. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Long lines in the hot Florida sun....some fun rides but would be more fun not standing in lines for long periods. The food options are many and lines move quickly. Too much merchandise to wander through...

Date of experience: May 2019
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Hi,
Thank you for your review! When I need a break from the sun, I visit some of our water attractions like Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges and Jurassic Park River Adventure. I'm glad you enjoyed our food and merchandise offerings. I hope you will be back again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Took the shuttle from our hotel which arrived promptly at 9:35 am.Steady entry into theme park.Went right through to Harry Potter rides.40 minute wait.Grandkids loved it but a bit too much for our daughter.Still clean park as it was 30 years ago,staff constantly emptying bins etc.Biggest concern for my husband and l was finding shady places to rest.Went to the cinema in the afternoon to escape the heat.Daughters,sons-in-law and grandchildren continued to queue and ride,queue and ride various adventures.Everyone was plum tuckered out and either returned by shuttle bus,taxi or walked back to the hotel and looked forward to their beds..

1  Thank mealsout16

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. I was very pleased to see that your family found plenty of exciting entertainment options throughout the day and to see that you found our park to be well maintained. I was also delighted to learn that you found the on-site hotel transportation options to be accommodating. I was saddened to learn that you and your husband did not find many shaded areas in the park. I personally like to suggest that Guests visit the Jurassic Park Discovery Center in Jurassic Park, this is a fun area to explore and seek shelter from Florida's warm summer months. I will be sure to document your feedback and forward it to the proper teams for their review and consideration. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort soon!
-David

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

We had a very fun time overall! A very clean, orderly park with loads to do. We hit the park during an abnormally hot week for May but we were able to use the misting stations, water rides, and gift shops to our advantage. Hulk was loads of fun (despite the insane line) and Jurassic, Kong, and Hogsmeade were great too.

My main complaint that put a big damper on the day was a mishap that occurred with my 12-year old son on the Spider-Man attraction at Islands of Adventure. As with every ride in the park, the line leads eventually up to the ride attendants. Their job is to fill the stalls that organize and queue up the small groups of people entering the next car. Usually they are about 6 or so of these stalls and they each hold 2, 3, 4...maybe even 6 riders, depending on the attraction.

When my son and I got to this ride's attendant he hurriedly shooed us to the first stall (as a group of 2), presumably to fill the car's row which was just loading up. We dutifully followed the people getting on, through the open chrome gates to the car. It was only once we were through the gate that we realized that the car was full and we should grab the next car. We turned around and quickly went back through the gate to wait in line for the next car, me followed immediately by my son. Partway through however, the gates closed and I yanked my son through to avoid him being crushed. His ankle got caught in the process. By some miracle he avoided being seriously injured. He did receive a light scratch and ended up with a bruised ankle the next day.

No attendant in sight. No one to get the groups onto the ride and ensure a proper rider count, no buzzer or bell to indicate that the gates were closing...nothing. Just a single teenaged attendant sending groups of people to the stalls to load up, one car after another.

Needless to say my son was traumatized. He cried the whole ride and for a good time after the ride was over.

I found the number for Universal on my phone and called from behind the cotton candy concession stand near the Hulk coaster. I got a very friendly supervisor (Phil, I think) who took my information, assured me he'd speak with the attendant, and phoned over an authorization for a $25 gift card to be redeemed at park's the Information Booth -- coincidentally located by the Spider-Man attraction.

Though I was happy with the action being taken to avoid future incidents I was a little surprised at the $25 gift card. To be clear, my intention was solely to have the complaint logged and the issue addressed. I wasn't thinking of any kind of recompense but when it was offered I was struck by how ridiculous it was. A $25 gift card is the going rate for my son being traumatized and nearly having his foot pulled off by a man-eating gate? I didn't say anything as it would have made it appear that I was trying to con the park out of something with some half-baked scam. Thinking back on it, I'm wondering if maybe I should have.

Anyhow, my son got some Homer Simpson slippers which made him happy. I only wish this whole thing could have been avoided with an attendant who was paying attention.

Hi,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a great time at the park overall, but apologize for the experience you described at The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. I will be formally documenting your feedback, but if you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope we will see you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

So many fun things to see and do. The lines were never too long. Food was great. Staff was so friendly!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank 817savannahm

Hi Savannah,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a great time at Islands of Adventure. I hope you were able to check out Thunder Falls Terrace, which is an awesome place to eat in the park. We can't wait for your next visit!