“Most fun at this park!”

Universal's Islands of Adventure
Ranked #2 of 438 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went to 4 parks in Orlando (Island of Adventure, Universal, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom) and this was our favorite, although all four were a blast! Enjoyed all the rides with our 7 and 11 year old and those ages were able to ride everything except the Hulk. Spring for the Express Pass and have no wait. We stayed at Hard Rock so got the extra hour in the morning to do Harry Potter area without crowds (worth it!). We will be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Purchase your tickets online - they have a promotion going on right now where if you buy a 2-day ticket, you get a 3rd day for free. Get a base ticket instead of the park hopper - you won't have enough time to enjoy everything between both parks in the same day unless you purchase Express Passes, which cost an extra $79.99 typically to get on all of the rides at least once. I think it was almost $100 per person per day for unlimited ride access. Not worth the money unless you can afford it. The lines were usually short during meal periods and early/late in the day.

Don't carry a bag in unless you ABSOLUTELY have to have it. I wore a Hard Rock Cafe lanyard with an attachment to slide all of my identification cards, credit cards, tickets, and coupons that I needed for each day. You can actually get through into the park faster and through some of the ride queues, as well. For instance, the Harry Potter attractions have areas that you have to pass through to put your bag in lockers before boarding the rides. If you don't have a bag, you can slip into the ride queue way faster than the families with bulky bags, who get stopped by the ride attendants. Really nice since some rides don't have a single rider option.

The food is actually priced very fairly. Eat at Mythos. It's the number one rated theme park restaurant and my friends swear by it. I particularly loved the chicken kabobs in the Sinbad area and the food at The Three Broomsticks in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Frozen Butterbeer is a MUST! Don't waste your money on a souvenir mug. They're made of cheap plastic and are way too costly for what they are.

Overall, my girlfriend and I had a blast spending our vacation at Universal Studios. It's definitely worth the trip.

1  Thank anexfanatic
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This the best one of the two parks!! We went in September and have a great time with the family, We didn't worry about getting the fast pass as they seemed to be a rip off and the lines weren't long anyway. Harry Potter world by far made the park more enjoyable as well as the water rides. We feel like this would be the universal park we would visit again as there was a lot more to do and many more rides

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This week was the beginning of spring break, and boy, was it crowded. We loved the rides, and the Potter area was worth the pains of the park. (Go to the women's bathroom in the HP area -Moaning Myrtle speaks!) the best place to purchase souvenirs is the store at the exit. The worst experience we had was putting our bags into the required lockers for the HP ride. I was about to have a panic attack with all those people crammed into one tiny and DARK room pushing through to find the finger scanner (it is free). I don't understand why they couldn't make a bigger room or several areas for lockers?! We just wanted a simple hamburger or chicken for lunch, so we ate at one of the small restaurants inside the park. It was terrible...and expensive. My husband was making jokes about the"fresh toppings" bar they offered. The entry fee is really too much money, even for Florida residents or military members...and then we paid $22 for the "closer" parking.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Personally, I like Islands of Adventure a little more than universal studios because I like the roller coasters better. You have the hulk & Harry Potter, which was amazing. I've never read any of the books & only seen one of the movies, but the people at universal out did them selves on this ride. It was amazing. What I would recommend doing to get the full universal experience would be to stay at either the hard rock hotel or the portifinia which are both on city walk, & get the two day passes to both parks, because unlike Disney, the parks are side by side, you can see one entrance from the other. City walk the area that the parks are in, but has a bunch of restaurants, shopping, and bars/clubs. You can stay in your hotel & never once have to drive to get anywhere & have an entire weekend packed full of fun. I would recommend the universal parks for people who like roller coasters the most, I would recommend Disney for people who are trying to take their younger kids, & sea world for people who have a passion for animals & enjoyed shows. I think young children (5 & under) maybe bored at the universal parks, there aren't many shows & the only kids ride I can think of off the top of my head is that universal studios has a Doctor Seuss town with a ride or two, where as Disney is more for younger kids. But for the people who are around the age of 21, this would be a perfect place to plan a vacation to in Florida, you have theme parks all day & clubs also in walking distance all night.