“An Adventure!”

Ranked #2 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I absolutely had a blast at Islands of Adventure- everything about it was great. This is a great family park, but it also has some "teen" rides and attractions, too. As far as the family rides go- there was nothing "babyish" about it- I enjoyed every moment I had to experience the "kiddie" rides with my younger sisters. For those Harry Potter fans- you will LOVE what they did to bring the stories to life! And you Dr. Suess fans- the books were laid right before my eyes with popping colors; I couldn't believe my eyes!The only thing that was a disappointment was the rather limited number of rides and attractions in all at the park.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you are into thrill rides - this is the place to go in Orlando. This was our third trip and my son and I had even more fun than the first trip. The Harry Potter section is amazing. Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks was very good, Butterbeer .... well .... we had to try it, but we aren't gonna be looking for a local source when we get home. The Forbidden Journey ride is probably the most immersing theme park ride I've ever experienced - you are really right inside the action. Hogsmeade and Hogwarts both huge and amazingly detailed.

Mythos (sp?) restaurant is outstanding but the rest of The Lost Continent is starting to get a bit dated. It still looks great - but the Poseidon's Fury attraction and Mythos are the only draws.

Super Hero Island is thrill ride central. My son never wanted to leave it.

If you are into rides - then Universal Express is a must is you travel during busy periods. In late November 2013, however, we didn't need it that often. After 6 p.m. we walked onto to every ride with no more than 10 minute waits. During the peak day hours - we saved about 40 minutes per ride.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed Universal very much! There was everything for everyone! From roller coasters, to restaurants, to shows, etc. We
all enjoyed seeing our favorite movies come to life on rides or shows. It was spectacular! There is fun for all ages and many things to do/see! We bought the fast passes, and it helped us get through the whole park in one day! I definitely recommend them to anyone. It was a very pleasurable experience and even the teenager of the family enjoyed the Dr. Seuss land and all of its features! Harry Potter land and it's most famous ride there is definitely a must! It was unlike anything we have ever seen! At the end of our trip we stopped at MargaritaVille for a nice dinner! TIP: Before you get in the "Islands Of Adventure" make sure to book your reservations for dinner or else you will be waiting a very long time! MargaritaVille is my absolute favorite restaurant on the city walk! From people on stilts making balloons for the kids, and blasting the song "MargaritaVille" makes the whole trip to the restaurant worth it, and great food too! I recommend Universal to anyone, it has a little something for everyone!

1  Thank summerlove2000
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I think that universal is really turing off guest by required separate admission to each park. I loved seeing the world of harry potter but after that the park is just lacking. There is not enough stuff to keep people occupied unless you want to wait in line for 2 hours for the hulk or spiderman rides. We ended up leaving at 2 and seeing Disneys new movie Frozen in the theater outside of the park

2  Thank Jarred S
Deni C, Social Media Coordinator at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. We are committed to providing a superior entertainment experience and a great value throughout the resort. We are disappointed that our attractions did not fully meet your expectations. Please be assured we constantly review the feedback guests provide so that we can enhance your overall entertainment experience.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best places to go visit in orlando a lot of fun a great park to visit with a lot of attractions

1  Thank angelieci