“Loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Prepare for a place where super heroes, beasts, and magical creatures stand before you. You're entering lands where everything is real. Explore a secret school of witchcraft and wizardry. Fly high above the city streets with a famous web slinger. Hide from hungry dinosaurs and hope you're not their next meal. And you can face the most colossal ape ever to walk the earth. Let the adventures begin.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Where else could you visit Hogwarts, Betty Boop's world, Seussland, and Jurrassic Park? All well-done and fun. The only thing that turned me off was the traditional carnival game hawkers between each park that were looking for MORE money. Otherwise, clean, well-run, and fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (48,364)
All reviews
in 1,268 reviews
"dragon challenge"
in 459 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent several days at IOA/Universal in August. The first week was crazy busy - lines were long and over an hour wait for most of them. The second week was better and not as crazy. I really do not recommend visiting this park during peak days. Not worth it especially in the Harry Potter area as you just won't be able to move.

The Harry Potter area is great - very cool to see the castle and Hogsmeade. I get the feeling that Universal didn't think it would be as successful as it is because everything is so small. The shops are always crazy busy and there just isn't any room for a lot of people. It will be nice to see the new addition once it's opened and hopefully that will spread out the crowds a bit more. We got lucky one day and only had a 20 minute wait to ride the Forbidden Journey. Even if you don't do the ride, make sure you tour Hogwarts as its pretty cool to see all the added touches. Just tell them at the entrance that you just want to do the tour.

Olivanders is fun. My children got "chosen" by their wands. And, like all the other rides at Universal, you exit into the wand shop which is always so busy that you can barely move. This shop is so small its uncomfortable.

My kids favourite ride after the Forbidden Journey is Hulk. Great coaster and they never waited longer than 15 minutes.

As I mentioned in my Universal Studios review, we purchased a refillable cup on our first day and just kept asking at each food stall if they could fill it with ice water which they did without problem. Pop refills are only .99¢ but my kids do not like pop.

Fun park but I would avoid going during peak season.

2  Thank Kelli99
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was one of my favourites as not too young it was fab . Lots to see and do and this was a great timeto go as the ques were not too long for anything.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love this park. It is much better than Universal Studios, with more options for fun and new attractions. Universal has fewer options for fun for little children (under 7 years) than Disney, but do not let it go, worth the visit and it is possible to take them and enjoy the attractions.
Best attratcions for adults is Hulk, Spider Man and Harry Potter!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you have never been, try all the rides. Even some of the kid rides are fun.
“The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man” ride – Don’t miss this one. It is a great ride…Don’t forget your 3-D glasses. The ride make much better sense when you are wearing them.
“Doctor Doom’s Fearfall” ride – I haven’t ridden this one since my first experience at Universal. I remember getting up really high and sitting there a while and the tower feeling like it was moving. It definitely a thrill ride.
“The Incredible Hulk Coaster” ride – is a fun roller coaster. But, for me it is a head banger. Meaning, I am just the right height (5’2”)where my head and ears get a beating. I can only take this ride a couple of times in a row. The “Dragon Challenge” coasters are much smoother rides and easier on my head.
Water Rides
“The Jurassic Park River Adventure” – A poncho may keep you dry. But, the seats may be wet from the previous ride. So, you may get wet just by sitting down.
“Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls” – One of the best log rides ever. Your pants will probably get wet if you are wearing a poncho. Your shoes may get wet.
“Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges” – The best river ride ever! The signs saying you will be wet are wrong. They should read… “You will get SOAKED!”. You cannot take your shoes off for this ride. So, bringing a pair of water shoes may be your best option if you don’t want your tennis shoes to get wet. Ponchos may protect your shirt and head. But, your pants will likely be soaked when you are done.
The architecture of “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” was set up nicely. But, the “roads” are a little narrow for peak visiting hours and it gets crowded quickly. Take advantage of early entry hours by staying at Universal Hotels.
Butterbeer – Lines are shorter for Butterbeer inside the restaurants (Three Broom Sticks).
The “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” ride – The single rider line was super short while we were there. We used it for a quick second ride. Parts of the experience were really good. I felt like other parts were just tossed together due to lack of time or too much to choose from. I expected a better cohesive theatrical ride. “The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man” ride, for example, has a story and an adventure tied to it. That ride has been around awhile and it is a blast! (Don’t miss it.) I expected the “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” to be significantly better than the Spider-Man ride. Don’t get me wrong, the ride itself was fun. But, the story line was a bit chopped up and unorganized and there was too much was emphasized on the spiders and dementors.
“Dragon Challenge” roller coasters – These are the same coasters that existed before Harry Potter. They are just as fun as they were before. Try both Fire and Ice. They are both worth repeat rides..
“Flight of the Hippogriff” ride – I think this used to be the unicorn roller coaster. I didn’t go on it this time. But, I loved the unicorn roller coaster ride. I think the back was a better ride than the front was.

1  Thank Mary T