“Best for teenagers”

Ranked #2 of 441 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Harry Potter does not disappoint, but make sure you get there during early park admission and go straight back. The Forbidden Journey is in the castle and is a state of the art simulator ride. It is great but please listen when I say get there first thing in the morning! First day we waited 20 minutes, the next time we went, we were 45 minutes later and we had to wait an hour. When we got off the ride, the wait was listed at 2 hours!!

The teenagers in our group also loved the Hulk. Spiderman was great too! Th e water rides are great, but be advised that you will get soaked. Wear a bathing suit under or bring a change of clothes.

1  Thank teason1
Write a ReviewReviews (44,929)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

who wants to walk around soked all day? not me.. too wet on a couple of rides and it was hot, so it could have felt good, but totally soaked to the bone? the barge ride and rip falls are rides for a water park, not this place... they do sell lots of dry clothes, maybe that's the point?
Spider man, awesome, Harry Potter and butterbeer, amazing! the rest of the place you can keep. we def like the other park better, BUT if you like coasters, you'll like this park I think. the frozen butter beer is so good! I can't wait for the Hogwarts express. My family and I have pledged never to do anything in Orlando in the summer again.

Thank LPnerdN.C.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Details were amazing. Parks close early at 9 PM, it would be nice if they were open later when it was cooler. Great rides for teenagers.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

we had a wonderful time. Great visit and lines were not that long at Harry Potter. We had Butter Beer with the souvenir mugs so you could refill for under $1, soda or tea, a good deal plus something to take home to MO.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I came here with my fiance and his grown up daughter and we had a wonderful day! The park is excellent with lots of rides to cater for all tastes and ages. The best rides for me were the Amazing Adventures of Spider Man and Harry Potter indoor ride the Forbidden Journey which was amazing. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is great and the best part of the park in my view! I loved the attention to detail that has gone into creating the little shops and their window displays and the impressive Hogwarts castle.We arrived at the park as soon as it opened and went to the more popular rides first before the queues became too long,by lunch time they were very long and the park was very busy. Food and drinks are expensive as with all theme parks so it could be worth taking your own. The park tickets are expensive but you can get deals combining them to the sister park Universal Studios next door to save money on separate tickets. Luckily my fiance's daughter was able to secure us some courtesy tickets through work so we got in free which was even better! There is a car parking fee of $14 but if you just want to go to City Walk (the area which joins the two parks) in the evening to experience the restaurants and bars, you can get parking free after 6pm.