“Disappointing Rides”

Ranked #2 of 424 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Disappointing Rides”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you might be considered a "large" person, you won't be able to ride many of the rides due to a harness not being able to fasten between your legs. This was something I had heard but didn't beleive until I tried it myself. I also expected a lot more rides and things to do. Maybe it was that we were there for a closed park event and things weren't open. The architecture for the Harry Potter section is absolutely amazing. Wish I could have ridden the ride!

• Arabic first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Theme Park Ever”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the BEST theme park I have ever been too. Combined with Universal Studios it is amazing & I love the fact that you can go back and fourth to each park throughout the day as you please. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is brilliant & you must try a Butterbeer whilst you're there. I'm a BIG fan of the Marvel Super Heroes so the Super Hero theme when you enter the first bit of the park is amazing, great rides include Spiderman 3D & yes the HULK ride. And one ride I must mention is the Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Rapids, its so funny & you WILL get soaking wet, utterly hilarious!

Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This would be our second time around going to Islands of Adventure. We saw all we are going to see from both parks in a day this time around.

The Spiderman ride is awesome, The Simpsons ride is awesome. Ripsaw falls is terrible and we had a bad time. Both my wife and I were stuck on the ripsaw ride at different times, and the log ride is pre-disposed to shovelling as much water as possible in your lap.

Who cares about Gasoline Alley? No One.
Who cares about Popeye? Not universal. It was closed.

I found this time that a lot of the characters in Universal Studios are getting beyond their time. Since everything is getting a re-vamp, why haven't they tried to reinvigorate their old properties like everyone is doing with everything else in a movie reboot?

I get the feeling that they have decided to put apathy into their park.

Also, five dollars to dry yourself off after they dump water in your lap over and over again? Seriously?

Harry Potter's section is a notable exception as everything in that area seems to be done well, except the joke shop, which lives up to it's name.

1 Thank AdeptLegacy
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Can't believe how entertained my 2 year old was!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

What a great deal to not have to pay for children under 3 instead of under 2. I thought my little guy would not be as mesmerized as we were and he ended up having the time of his life. I truly felt like Harry Potter was going to walk past at any moment everything was so exactly like the movie. Child swap at the front of every ride was a life-saver. We will be back as our family grows!

Somerset
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Mt favourite theme park”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

From Harry Potter to Jurassic Park, this place is perfect for those who love their movies and enjoy thrill rides! The queues can get a little long during peak periods but the rides are always worth the wait. Clean, tody and friendly and helpful staff. Can't wait to go back again next year

Visited September 2012