“Best Orlando Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Paris, France
“Best Orlando Hotel”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I loved this hotel! We were in Orlando for the theme parks but i like staying in hotels which are "out of it all" so the Ritz-Carlton was our pick. As soon as we arrived we were offered complimentary lemonade, and checked in quickly and easily. The rooms were amazing, we had a view of the huge swimming pool. and if you looked really hard you could see The Kraken, from Sea World. Our room was very clean, and the beds were as comfy as anything. The bathroom, for some reason we were amazed by. It had a main room, with 2 sinks and a huge bath, then two other separate rooms, with a toilet and shower! I think our favourite part of the hotel was the baby alligator that lived in the lake. If you went out on the balcony bit over the lake you could always see him right underneath you swimming around, we were told he wouldn't harm anybody though! The pool was amazing, bigger than anythiing i've seen in a hotel, but our favourite part was the lazy river pool in the JW Marriot. It was amazing, it had sand at the bottom of it so it was like a real river and it had a slight current which would push you along in your rubber ring, available to buy from the pool desk. The only down point to the hotel was that the food was quite pricey but we ate out for breakfast and dinner. Can i reccomend the Golden Coral? Overall though, this hotel was the best i've ever stayed in, nevermind in just Orlando!
One more thing, 15-20 mins away from Disney Parks, 5 mins from Sea World and 20-25 mins from Universal Studios&Islands of Adventure.

• Stayed November 2009
3 Thank orlandolover12321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
oklahoma
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida, at the end of June2010. I was visiting for a convention. Checking-in was simple and quick. We did book two rooms together and received two rooms on separate floors. Our party would have liked rooms connecting, so that we could socialize and work some after meetings. They could not accomodate us even after several phone calls. The manager did give us a complimentary lunch in the hotel, which was nice. The hotel beds and pillows were very good. Our hotel room was spacious and cleaned every day. We did travel with others whose room was not cleaned one day. I am not sure why... Our colleagues had to call housekeeping to get their rooms cleaned. We did have a balcony that overlooked the golf course. It was nice to sit out there in the morning (before the horrible humidity set in) and drink morning tea/coffee.

The Ritz-Carlton is connected to the JW Marriott by a outdoor breezeway. There were restaurants, coffee shops, gift shops, and bar areas within both complexes. Both hotel grounds were beautiful. A golf course lies behind the hotel. I walked it one morning. The natural landscape is beautiful. The pool area was very nice. Good service by pool staff and waitstaff. The water was cool, and the pool gave complimentary water. It is a little bit of a walk to the bathrooms by the pool though.

The convention facilities were excellent. The staff that served during the convention breaks were friendly and courteous. The meals that were served during convention were quite delicious as well.

There is a Wal-Greens located right outside the hotel grounds across the street. They carry toiletries and food/drink items.

We all enjoyed our stay!

2 Thank soonergirl23
Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed here on business for two nights. Although most of the time I was in meetings, the room was good. Not the largest ever, but it had everything I needed. The balcony overlooked the golf course and lake, and the pool. Surroundings beautiful. Staff were all super friendly. Only gripes were telephone charges which were huge for short international calls, and the charges for wi-fi. Sorry, but so many cheaper and smaller hotels now offer free wi-fi, I fail to understand why the Ritz thinks it should charge for it, unless you're going to sit in the lobby. Wi-fi these days should be a hygiene factor - like shampoo or a hair dryer.

3 Thank WendyAM
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We absolutely loved this hotel and had a practically perfect experience there. We are not golfers, but really appreciated the scenery, beautiful lakes, and walking/biking paths all over the grounds. The pool was gorgeous. The staff was very accommodating, especially to our 5-year old daughter. The whole thing was wonderful. We have stayed at several Four Seasons & Ritz Carltons and the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes is probably in my top 5 favorite US hotels. And compared to some other high end hotels with similar amenities, I actual thought it was a pretty good value too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travel141
Jacksonville, fl
Reviewed June 16, 2010

First I must state that we were here for a convention, I would never ever stay here because I just dont like paying for other people excesses. Our first night was at the Marriott next door but since they were booked we spent the next day at the Ritz. I found every employee to be very helpful and inparticular the porter that took out items to our room was very nice in conversing with both me and my son. He even joked with him about the alligator in a picture then we saw one in the lake that very night. Upon check out we brought our own bags down and waited while my husband got our car from self park (you should have seen the people eyes, like OH, SELF PARK, never heard of it) and we saw the same porter and he calle my son Captain again and my son told him about seeing the alligator. I liked being able to use the Marriotts pool but didnt find it convenient to have to trapse from property to property then thru different alleyways to get to some form of breakfast then down to the pool.

As you can gather, I would probalby prefer a Holiday Inn or equivalent where you can get free wifi, free parking, nice pool, free breakfast, and convenience for $100 OR LESS A NIGHT. I just can swallow $269 per night plus $20 for valet, $10 for wifi, ?? $$ for breakfast (we went to starbucks and got oatmeal and juice for him and coffee and oatmeal for me for $13 total) , plus what ever else they can nickel and dime you for...

Nice if you can afford the luxury and I would recommend it but overall the beds were by far better at the marriott (still overpriced) and the room was cleaner at the marriott.

Strangely the walls were thin but the doors very heavy. We only heard noise from one room next to us but no hallway noise nor did we hear noise from outside.

2 Thank theresar2004
Orlando, FL
Reviewed June 13, 2010

It's hard to find things wrong with our stay at the Ritz. My husband and I went for a 2 night romantic getaway. I HIGHLY recommend the club level upgrade, it is amazing and totally worth the extra cost for what you get. You feel like royalty in "the Club". The pool is beautiful and clean, the service is amazing, and they make you feel so welcome and comfortable. Not stuffy at all. I can't say enough great things about our stay. If I had to nit-pick, the downstairs breakfast buffet is overpriced. On our previous stay a few years back it was somewhat better. With that said, if I'm staying at a 5-star hotel, it will always be the Ritz!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FLMomOrlando_FL
KENT
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We have just returned from 10 nights in this fantastic hotel and can't wait to return. The standard of accomodation is top quality and the staff are very attentive. We stayed at the same time as the reviewer who commented on breakfast in the lobby. Whilst we do agree that this service was slow on two days we have to point out that the restaurant was being refurbushed on these days. We experienced both the lobby and resteraunt versions of breakfast and have to say that the two days in question were the exception not the rule.

The valet staff in particular were extremley welcoming and always provided an excellent service. We were wary of how this service would operate having read other reviews but our experience was exceptional.

Standards of cleanliness were outstanding both in the room and around the hotel.

The food in the two restaurants was expensive but the food served in the bar was reasonable and very good qaulity.

Our only fault with this hotel was that they checked us out!!!! We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family