“Superior Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Superior Hotel”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel, pool and grounds are gorgeous and immaculate. Housekeeping and room service were excellent. In fact, everyone who worked there was very friendly, polite and helpful. Service really sets the hotel apart. Executive suite was spacious, comfortable, nicely decorated and featured generous balcony and very comfortable bed. Shuttle to Disney was very easy to use. It took about 20 minutes in the morning, longer ride in the late afternoon with some traffic. Breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful -- the whole family loved it. Only complaint was some noise outside late night -- I suppose from one of the many conventions taking place at the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a nice, distant view of Disney fireworks from our 9th floor pool view suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NPCON

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is gorgeous inside and out (besides the self-parking lot), the service was fantastic and the buffet at the Vineyard Grill for breakfast in the mornings was excellent, most likely the best breakfast buffet I've had. The front desk gave me a credit for breakfast at the Grill since I asked for a different floor than I was given and that was there way to make up for it and that was fine by me. The hotel was completely packed at the time I was staying. I was here for business however it looks like most of the guests were here with children for vacation and there was also a huge wedding party present. My room was spacious and had a great view. The bathroom was sparkling clean and well equipped. Regardless of the hotel being very busy, I did not have any disturbance and slept well. It was a great stay and I will be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FRivers
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't normally have thought the Ritz was a family oriented hotel, but we stayed here for my husband's conference for 5 nights and it was nothing short of incredible with regard to service, amenities, food quality, and fun. Plenty of onsite fun with multiuser bikes, pedal boats, swimming, and free ice cream every day for our 8 year old. Fresh fruit and water were poolside all day.
All of the conference activities included a child component- games, balloons, magician, and so much more. If there was nothing our son would eat, the waiter asked that pasta be cooked to his liking. By the end of the week, they knew him by name and he gave high fives to the waitstaff.
It took us awhile to identify all the perks so I highly recommend a briefing from your room valet/concierge. There's a refrigerator and coffee pot in the room. You can ask for alcohol and snacks to be removed. Robes and plush towels are provided as well as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, free shoe shine.
This hotel sets the standard by which we will judge all future hotel stays.

Stayed February 2014
Huntsville, al
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We just spent three nights at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando.
Pro’s
Very clean, management and staff were great, housekeeping was perfect, the gardens/grounds were wonderful! We did get to spend some time at the pool and have lunch. The pool is very nice and easy to get a place to sit in the shade our sun. Had lunch by the pool the grouper sandwich was great. Bartender at the pool bar (Michael?) did a nice job and was very pleasant.

Con’s
Traveling on business but my wife came with me this time. When we checked in I was told that we had two double beds even though we had reserved a king. I was informed we had only requested a king not reserved it. I pointed out the guy in front of me had got a king and she said he had guaranteed a king. I asked how I could guarantee a king for next time and she didn’t know. Finally she went to the back and said her Manager released a King because I was a Marriott gold.
My wife said we should use the self- parking (always saving money) because we wouldn’t be going in and out much. The self-Parking lot is very hard to get into (can’t see the slot to open the gate at night and has cattle gates all around to block you into the far back. The lot is so blocked up you have to drag your luggage our bags through the landscaping. The hotel landscaping is great but in this “lot” it looks like a strip mall that has gone out of business!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to the resort. First off, thank you for recognizing our team and especially Michael at Bleu. He will be thrilled to hear your comments. As for the feedback on the king bed and the self parking areas I am grateful that you shared this information. I will work with my team to address both issues. Of course, if you would have the time I would be grateful if I could speak with you and discuss any other feedback that you might have for me. If this would work please let me know the best way to reach you.
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I think that sums up the property, the service and the atmosphere. I stayed with my wife there for 3 nights and it was nothing short of incredible.The variety of the foods,the care of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms are spotless. Also a paradise for golfers. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Love this place but a bit to far from Disney. Service is nice. Hotel is beautiful. Pool is nice. Wish there was some sort of breakfast to go with the room. It is a bit pricey and there are not any extras like you get when staying on property on Disney or Universal Hotels.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marie1171
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent visit to the resort. My team and I take your feedback very serious and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your comments. We do offer a few options that have valuable amenities and I would like to get your feedback on how we can better communicate these offers to our guests. Again, thank you so much for your comments and I look forward to speaking soon.
Miami Shores, Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm a Silver Elite Ritz Member, was married, and stayed at this hotel dozens of time. It's really gone down hill. The last 4-6 times I've stayed here we've always had problems. The consistency of the service is spotty. There are many comparable hotels at lower room rates. This is probably the last time I'm staying here for years.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank jasona1974
jmcgavin, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I want to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent visit to our resort. Your feedback is very important to me and I would be grateful if you could share some of the details of where we fell short in delivering an exceptional experience. Please let me know if you would have a moment to speak as I would welcome your input. I am very sorry for the experience and not meeting your expectations. I do hope to hear from you soon.