“Stunning, pristine resort, super-pleasant staff”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #23 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Typical Ritz -- and I don't mean that in a bad way. The hotel was so spotless and beautiful it looked like it just opened yesterday. I was there for a relaxing trip with my two twenty-something daughters who live in NYC. Staff was abundant and totally at our service for everything. Too many names to mention, absolutely everyone was great. We had the breakfast brunch in the Vinyard Grill every day, it was great, fresh cut fruit, omelets, etc, everything you would want. We ate there for dinner one night, had steak and lobster, both great, as well as perfect service. THe Lobby Loung was great for lite fare after a busy day. It has cheese platters, burgers, greatsalads, etc. Again, fantastic Ritz service. They have some children's areas ootside. THe Marriott had more kids You can also use the Marriott pool next door, they have a Lazy River. You need to buy a tube for $7.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was here for a birthday visit and the details were amazing. Non-intrusive but personalized, from the welcoming choloclates and champagne to the personalized menu at Norman's. Grouds are well kept...staff so pleasant and accomodating, and the room impeccably appointed and clean. Service was totally non intrusive, sleep quality high. Syat here folks, it's a bargain for the level of service and personalization.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ohm2
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for a business trip 10/07/13 for 2 nights. I highly recommend visiting here if you get the chance. The service, the food, the cleanliness, the views, all impeccable. We didn't see many small children, but if you bring them, they have many activities for them. They also have a fenced children's water area with a playground. Thanks also to the caterers for our Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner set up. They were very impressive.

Room Tip: If you need your room to be cooler to sleep, turn your thermostat down early in in the evening. It...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We tagged along on my husband's business trip to Orlando in spring 2013. My kids were 9 and 6 at the time. Orlando hotels are hit hard with tourists, families, conventions but we were happy with the golf course view, condition/cleanliness of the room, room service, and main areas of the hotel. We all really enjoyed the pool. The kids were able to buy intertubes to play with and the wait staff deliver snacks/drinks around the pool area. We were just a few miles from the Disney parks and it was easy for me to navigate with the kids to spend our days there. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill W
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a terrific hotel with very good customer service. However it does miss that critical attention to detail. For example there was a fruity drink that sat on the elevator lobby table attracting fruit flies for the three days that I was there. There was also lots of sloppy over painting.

The facility is otherwise great but a long way from other restaurants.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked a room for the weekend. The room package included a couples massage and breakfast. Great package for our short trip. Spa was amazing (as always). Room was a little warm even after turning a/c down all the way but nothing that we couldn't deal with. View from room 726 was breath taking at sunset. We can't wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Having stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Niguel, California the previous year I had high hopes for the Ritz in Orlando and I wasn't disappointed. The only thing the hotel really misses that the one in Cal. has is a great bar setting.

The Orlando Ritz is set alongside a lovely golf course, although disappointingly walking on the golf course path is discouraged, something about getting hit by stray balls!

The rooms are a reasonable size, with a good balcony with a nice outdoor setting and the bed very comfy. The bathrooms are quite generous, with gorgeous fluffy towels.

There is a good selection of restaurants with the service really great in the fine dining one. I loved that after the 3rd day the staff at breakfast would be ready to make my poached eggs as soon as I looked like being ready for them and have a pot of tea ready as soon as I sat down.

My only complaint is that there are no tea making facilities in the room I had to ask for them and remind them regularly to leave me skim milk as the powdered dairy stuff is horrible in tea!

Some rooms are positioned so that you actually look across to other rooms - not very good. I asked to be moved and had a room with a view across the gardens and over toward the golf course club house which was much better!

It is also some distance from shops and the closest supermarket is a petrol station across the highway that you need to take a cab to reach and so at $20 to get across the highway it was very expensive stocking up on a few pieces of fruit for my room! I would definitely stay again though and tried to book for a trip next month but sadly it is booked out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business