“Just SUPERB!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Just SUPERB!!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

WOW!!!!!Probably THE BEST customer service I have experienced in my life!!!! First time ever I have been offered a glass of water while checking in!!!! Not even in the best hotels in Dubai have I been offered one.That was just the start of it!! Just absolute PERFECTION!!!! Every single member of staff you walked passed greeted us with a smile and a good morning/ afternoon/ evening. The promptness in the service was something else. The hotel was immaculate with every single attention to detail taken care of. We have stayed at other Ritz hotels (Spain, London and Miami South Beach) they should ALL learn from this branch!!! How they do it I don't know!!! So much pride comes across from the members of staff it is unreal.....they make you feel as if you were the only guest in the whole hotel..just an absolute pleasure.

We were worried that the location was going to be a bit far out for Disney, but how wrong could we have been. You are right in the middle between the parks and the shopping malls. The facilities are superb. The pool is lovely and if you want a more fun ambience one you can always use the one at the JW Marriott. The Kids club is fab and lots of activities for teens and adults. I went to a gym class 'intensity'. It was great!!! Just what I needed after all the treats I had had during the day.

They have a superb spa with its own swimming pool. I believe you have to pay 25 dollars per person to use this facility yet if you are a couple who wants total relaxation this would be the pool to go to. Prices for treatments are no different to other hotels yet the setting is a dream......

Trust me....you will not want to leave!!!!

Thank you so very much for such a special stay!!!

1 Thank Sol G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Since we had such a great time last year on our anniversary, we decided to give it another go for our 15th. The Ritz service is still superb, though this time we experienced the outstanding service out by the pool. When we got there we ate at Blue, the restaurant by the pool.

While there, our server overheard us toasting our 15th wedding anniversary which was that day. After lunch, he came up to us as said that a cabana was being set up for us by the pool and it'll be ready when we are. It was AMAZING! They brought out a fruit basket and chocolate tray. Of course, we ordered a few drinks and enjoyed watching the US Open Golf tournament from the privacy of our own cabana.

That night, we enjoyed another delicious meal with impeccable service at Norman's. They gifted us with an autographed menu and a few glasses of champagne.

The next day, we tried something new for us at Grande Lakes... Golf. We made a late tee time and enjoyed the peace and serenity of the course. Definitely, check out the course if you're there

Thank you again for another perfect experience. See you next year... Or sooner.

Room Tip: Golf/lake views are worth the few dollars more.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fam5treks
Southend, England
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have just spent 6 nights at the hotel in a fantastic room overlooking the pool and golf course. The staff and presentation of the hotel,grounds,restaurant and golf course was magnificent. Stayed as a family, enjoyed all the pools, spa and facilities to the full. Would definitely recommend the hotel and its awesome value for money.

barcelona
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ritz Carlton is part of a complex with Marriot in a large resort with golf and gardens. All the points of our experience were very positive. The room is large and modern with a very comfortable bed, the restaurants (grill and normans) with a good service and food (with a extraordinary gourmet experience in Normans), the pool and spa relaxing and really beautiful. But the best of this hotel is the professional and warm treat of all his personal: waiters, concierge, reception, bell boys....

1 Thank bcntraveller10
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Checked into room 1541 around 6pm, upon entering the room I noticed the room was warm and it smelled musty. I set the ac to 60 degrees and put the fan setting on high. I left the room for dinner and when I returned around midnight I noticed the room was warm. Because it was late I decided to wait till the next day to notify the hotel. The next morning I notified the hotel of the broken A/C, was told it would be fixed immediately. I spent the whole day at Disney, I returned around 6 PM and was hoping to find a nice cold room but much to my disappointment the A/C was not repaired as the room was very hot. I immediately called and informed them the A/C was not repaired! Thirty minutes later a maintenance guy comes to the room. The maintenance tech placed a thermometer in the A/C vent and a few minutes later stated that the air conditioner was working fine. I indicated the A/C was set on 60 degrees and was on high all day and the room was very warm. The tech went on to explain that the rooms on the higher floor do not get as cold as the rooms on lower floors. He also said the said the hotel was "old" and the ac was having issues. He suggested I move to a lower floor to have a cooler room. On my way home from dinner I passed by Target And I bought a digital thermometer to see just how hot the room was...and the temp was 77 at 9 PM. After two complaints to the Ritz Carlton my problem was not resolved. I did not receive follow up from management. I am a regular Ritz guest but first time at this location, I must say I am extremely disappointed with the service I received at the Ritz Grande Lakes.
The facilities and room are typical of any Ritz...but unfortunately the lack of maintenance ruined my stay. Also I was very surprised at the maintenance tech saying the hotel was old...since it looks new to me. If you go to this hotel be sure the A/C is working well before you unpack!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AlexRosell
Reviewed August 13, 2013

General service no better than mediocre. Certainly not worth the ticket price. Good indication is the phone charges. 2 calls to the UK, total 9 minutes, charge $101. I didn't think hotels did that kind of thing any more. Good indication of general value for money in my view.

Ritz-Carlton is part of the Marriott group so I am wondering if all Marriot's offer similar value?

Room Tip: Ritz-Carlton is adjacent to the Marriot and you can walk freely between them so choose the cheapest...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Heafod
Warsaw
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is excellent hotel with great service and atmosphere. As compared to my other stays in Disney and nearby Disney resorts this hotel is oasis of calm and serenity. I used SPA services for the subsequent 4 days of my visit and l loved the massages, spa quiet pool and also healthy meals and coctails from Vitale spa cafe. Fitness center is well equipped and spacious.
Service and atmosphere is excellent. Perfect place to recharge ones batteries.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would go higher floors