“We will be back”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I took an impromptu trip here one weekend to have a mini vacation and we will be back. The staff, amenities,and decor were exactly what you expect from the Ritz .We did have a snag which was quickly fixed. When I made the reservation I had asked for a rosepetal turndown service, which after dinner I found out that I didn't recieve. We were going down to the patio so that I could have a cigar after dinner and have a few drinks with my wife. On our way to the patio I stopped by the front desk to mention it and make sure it wasn't on our bill, a manager overheard the conversation and came over immediately to fix the situation. The hotel had no record of my request and could have left it at that, instead they appologized for the mistake and knowing that my wife and I would be on the patio for an hour or two... sent someone up to the room to provide this service at no charge (even offered us a bottle of champaign, which i didn't take but wish I had now!). Service like that is exactly why we love to stay at the Ritz and will continue to come back to the Grande Lakes Ritz regularly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nathan S

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a wonderful resort located within a reasonable driving distance to the theme parks and good shopping but far enough away to be able to relax and enjoy yourself.
Make sure to book a treatment at the spa and allow extra time to enjoy all the benefits of the spa aside from your treatment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renee S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just returned to the UK after 5 nights at the Ritz Carlton with our two teenage daughters. Service at all levels excellent. Pool large with plenty of deck chairs. Good size rooms with efficient air conditioning. Food good and enjoyed the various snacks offered by the pool. They have transfers to Disney etc at fixed times which is convenient. Front desk very helpful in recommending restaurants and help with bookings. If we come back to Orlando we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

When visiting Orlando, there are only two 5-star resorts in our opinion. The Ritz Carlton is definitely one of them. We spent the Independence Day weekend at The Ritz and from start to finish, every detail was a dream. Check-in was a breeze and it didn't hurt to have two crystal flutes of champagne waiting for us at the desk while the details were finalized. The bell staff (John) was extremely helpful and took extra care of our luggage. I had informed the staff in advance that this was an extra-special occasion for my husband as it was his first Independence Day as an American citizen. After arriving in our guest room (and finding it beautifully adorned...especially the all-marble bathroom), we were surprised to have room service deliver two beautifully decorated plates of dessert truffles with a hand written card congratulating my husband on his achievement. They also brought a bottle of fine champagne with flutes to celebrate. This, among many other special touches, made us feel special. We appreciated it greatly. The rooms were average size, well appointed, and very comfortable. All rooms are balcony rooms and ours was a lake front. We booked this in anticipation of the fireworks display over the lake on the 4th. There is no greater feeling than sipping champagne and watching a spectacular 20 minute firework presentation from our balcony. The pool is lovely. I was up early one morning on the balcony and watched as dozens of staff members assured that each chase lounge was equipped with towels and head rests, they were lined up perfectly, and even pest control was seen spotting the pool area so that guests would not be bothered by mosquitos. They offered a bourbon tasting party in the afternoon and served some of the best updated spirits we've enjoyed. Housekeeping was remarkable and turn-down service went the extra mile. Smiles and welcomes were given to us throughout our stay. If you desire the very best of service, in beautifully adorned, subdued surroundings, The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes is the place for you. We will definitely be back...cannot wait!

Room Tip: Add the breakfast buffet to your package...it was amazing and the service matched. Both Lake View a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have stayed at Disney land previously with family and found accommodation small and expensive. Stayed at Ritz carlton this time and much happier. Hotel room was big enough for myself, wife and two children (11 and 3). Had a deal providing $100 voucher for each night of stay which made it great value. Buffet breakfast was also included in our price and was very good (generally only needed a small lunch after the big breakfast). Hotel is very grand and service very good. Pool was a bit crowded on weekend but through the week was very quiet. You also have access to Marriott hotel pool next door which has a lazy river (gets crowded).
Lots of activities and if you like golf they have good golf deals. Gym is large with most things you would expect (free). You will need a car to get to Disneyland. Hotel had a shuttle but was quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maco1
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4th of July night. I expected that it would have a lazy river but instead it was on the JW side. It was probably a 5 minute walk to get there. I left the room at 7:30 to use the lazy river with my son because we were checking out that day. I brought 2 floats and had to wait for the staff to inflate the floats because they open at 9. None of the staff would leave their post to assist me get air for my floats. It would have been nice. Also, they let the guests reserve pool chairs so when were were there at 7:30 80% of the chairs had people's belongings but the pool nearly empty. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne and I think service is much better there. I think because this hotel gets booked with so many people that they are unable to add personal touches. I did enjoy the magic show, and fireworks but will probably stay at the JW because they have the lazy river. Again I don't like the facts that guests leave their belonging on the pool chairs overnight to reserve the chairs, they should be first come first serve. It was irritating to have to walk around in circles looking for available pool chairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SillygirlP
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here in June with our young son and had a great experience. We could have easily spent the day at the connecting JW if time permitted swimming, playing table tennis and floating in the lazy river.
Service is great and I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family